Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-02-2015, 04:06 AM
junior01

You are not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabaker
I spoke with a psychic and she told me that WE are the ones that choose to come down here and suffer in pain. She said that when we do bad things in our past lives, that we feel as though we have to be reincarnated and pay for the bad things we have done in our past lives. So I wanted to know if this is true. Do some of us really have to suffer and be punished for what we did in our past lives?

Angela, I truly believe that reincarnation is a reality. If the major organised religions had chosen reincarnation as a tenet of their philosophies instead of the resurrection of the dead, this world would have been a far better place.

I believe that discoveries in Quantum Physics, offers a scientific explanation as to why the concept of reincarnation can be accommodated within it's equations, more than the concept of the resurrection of the dead can ever be.

If true, it is a chance for every individual to be allowed the chance to live a better life in their next reincarnation.

I can easily explain how I eventually came to this conclusion, but not having the space to go into it in detail here and for the purposes of getting to the profound and wonderful implication of the proposition, you are meantime going to have to accept some things I am going to describe at face value.

Everything in the universe possesses [and fundamentally consists of] an arrangement of varying frequencies of vibrations. Every physical object which has mass is simply a particular arrangement of these vibrations. Each arrangement of vibrations resonates in harmony with other likewise arrangements. This includes all matter, including you.

Every individual conscious living thing on this planet, is a unique and particular arrangement of vibrations; the sum of which represents the whole unique and particular vibrational frequency of you. In particular, the vibrations created in your consciousness by your own private thoughts and emotions, is the most accurate representation of the kind of person you truly are in your heart. The kind of person you are through your thoughts, directly affects the vibrational frequencies of your consciousness.

The vibrations of your consciousness is the only criteria for what kind of existence you will have in your next physical body. The vibrations of your consciousness at the time you die, no longer exists in time or physical space. But the energy contained in the vibrations of your consciousness continues to remain nonetheless. The vibration exists as a standing wave in a dimension where space and time have no meaning.This concept can easily be accommodated within Quantum physics.

The consensus of opinion is that one way or another many trillions of years from now the present expansion of our universe will eventually prove it's unavoidable demise. I believe that the continuing acceleration of the expansion of the universe will result in it eventually reaching the speed of light. When this event happens, 3 dimensional space and time will have ceased to exist.

But we cannot say that the energy which was in the 'physical' universe likewise also ceases to exist. All that energy is still there but it exists as a pure standing wave vibration 'occurring' in a dimension of timelessness. The situation which arises at the moment the acceleration of the physical universe achieves the speed of light, is that which is required to create another Big Bang and therefore the creation of another universe.

I believe that our present universe is but one in an infinite number of unique and separate individual universes. The law which governs how this all works applies not only within each physical 4 dimensional universe, but also within a much grander scheme of things where our concepts of time and space have no meaning.

Because infinity allows it to happen it is therefore a certainty that somewhere out there in the infinity of space, that highly intelligent enlightened beings have evolved and exist on some distant planet. These beings will co- exist in total harmony both with each other and with the planet they exist on. Their lifestyle and philosophies are what any intelligent being would wish to aspire to. Because of the harmony of their collective consciousness, they will almost certainly be telepathic.

Any physical consciousness which at their death, resonates with the collective loving consciousness of these beings at the moment of infinity, will go there.

So it is wrong to focus solely on your present existence being punishment for misdemeanours in a past life. What matters is how you treat all of your fellow man and how you live this life and the kind of person you are now, which will decide where you will next be reincarnated. It is the ultimate karma of course.

I like to think that this alien civilisation in which ever universe they exist have managed to create paradise. I suppose it's the equivalent of what we would imagine heaven to be. As such, I live my life in such a way that, should the proposition be true, I'm trying to ensure that that's where I'm going to go next. I don't have any God or any organised religion telling me what I must do and how I must act. I know how I must be. All it takes really is to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabaker
I have a question. I have had a terrible life this time around. I always wanted to know why would heavenly father put me on this earth to suffer so much pain. Being abused, raped, being talked down too, people stealing and lying to me, and the most painful thing is being judged all my life. I spoke with a psychic and she told me that WE are the ones that choose to come down here and suffer in pain. She said that when we do bad things in our past lives, that we feel as though we have to be reincarnated and pay for the bad things we have done in our past lives. So I wanted to know if this is true. Do some of us really have to suffer and be punished for what we did in our past lives?

This is true. But do look at the positive as well. If you do good things in present life consistently , you will definitely enjoy good things in present and future lives. This is the path of evolution.

The greatest good actions are meditation and deep love manifest in unselfish service to all, especially sages, saints and wise elders.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 11-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Master

Angela, also try to identify good and noble company and strive to spend time with them. This will ensure that your bad karma of the past will not get a stimulating environment to come out and only your past good karmas will then fruit.

Your karmas of the past , positive or negative, fructify as per your environment, positive or negative. Positive environments result in fructification of your past good karmas, while negative environments or company result in fructification of your past negative karmas.

So strive to be in positive company as much as possible, and make your home or abode as well filled with positive energy . This will ensure that your negative karma's will not get the negative environment to fructify and will remain dormant. They can be removed by meditation and loving attitude and service which are great negative karma-busters.

Only your positive karmas of the past then will fructify in such an environment. This is a technique of wise living taught by Paramahamsa Yogananda to ensure your negative karmas do not fructify, through engineering your immediate company and environment into a positive one.

Greater the degree of positive company, greater the fructification of positive karmas. One should however be reverential and respectful of those who are sagely and noble and never disrespect or injure them as that can generate great negative karma too. So do ensure you are proper and respectful in the company of sages and saints.

Positive company , is not just external, but internal too. Meditation, prayer, keeping wise thoughts of sages and love for God in mind is keeping the mind positive.

Best wishes for the future,

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 12-02-2015, 07:45 PM
briansgotaprettierwife

Well, me and my first love in this life were together in a previous one, and I wasn't exactly faithful, so now I'm getting repaid by being unable to hold anyone's romantic attention except that of aging perverts.
Old 14-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Saoirse

I do not have all the answers. I'm sorry but I do agree with the psychic. Most of the pain we go through is a karmic pay back for our past sins. It's along those lines where you owe someone in your past life and now you have to pay it back. Personally I went through some childhood abuse too. It left me really bad. Despite saying that, I still trust that you can change it. Of course you can't change the past. But you can change the future. The pain inflicted on you by others is something that is hard to change, because you probably owe that dude a lot. However, the pain you inflict on yourself can be changed - for example when you cut yourself because you are depressed, that's not the karmic abuse, that's you abusing yourself. You can change your perception.
Physically, I advise you to seek professional help, and love yourself. First and foremost, you must love yourself, and be positive.
Spiritually, I advise that you pray and keep calm. Understand that everything happens for a reason. Try working with the Universe. Stay positive. (:
Bless be.
Old 16-02-2015, 04:47 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail11
I believe we all plan our lives prior to incarnation. Not to say every circumstance is your planned event, we all have been given free choice. I can say that I've been where you are at wondering why my life has been difficult. I have read many spiritual books, prayed, meditated, and dug deep within myself to find my own answers.

What I have found is that my soul is very knowing. My current experience here on earth is what my soul has made a quest for knowledge and is expanding its own wisdom. My soul is learning through this human life. My human body is simply a vessel for my soul to quench its thirst for knowledge. When you trust your soul and its wisdom, you will find some peace. At least that is what works for me.

Be thankful you are asking questions. Your spiritual path has begun. Nurture it and the answers will be revealed. Trust the process.
Thank you so much. This means a lot to me that you understand:):):)
Old 16-02-2015, 04:52 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse
I do not have all the answers. I'm sorry but I do agree with the psychic. Most of the pain we go through is a karmic pay back for our past sins. It's along those lines where you owe someone in your past life and now you have to pay it back. Personally I went through some childhood abuse too. It left me really bad. Despite saying that, I still trust that you can change it. Of course you can't change the past. But you can change the future. The pain inflicted on you by others is something that is hard to change, because you probably owe that dude a lot. However, the pain you inflict on yourself can be changed - for example when you cut yourself because you are depressed, that's not the karmic abuse, that's you abusing yourself. You can change your perception.
Physically, I advise you to seek professional help, and love yourself. First and foremost, you must love yourself, and be positive.
Spiritually, I advise that you pray and keep calm. Understand that everything happens for a reason. Try working with the Universe. Stay positive. (:
Bless be.
Thank you very much. What you say makes so much since. I appreciate the kind words. I'm going to get help so I can move on in life:):)
Old 16-02-2015, 04:53 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
This is true. But do look at the positive as well. If you do good things in present life consistently , you will definitely enjoy good things in present and future lives. This is the path of evolution.

The greatest good actions are meditation and deep love manifest in unselfish service to all, especially sages, saints and wise elders.
Thank you ajay. I really appreciate that:):)
Old 16-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Administrator
I do not believe we choose to be born in a life of pain and suffering i have great belief in that even though i am a medium.i remember being born and not wanting to be here.i too have not had an easy life people ask me why i cant accept praise.its because i never had it growimg up i was called names etc for being different to my siblings.i was called every name you can think of.just for being myself plus i was very shy.was told i needed to be in hospital for my beliefs.
if a psychic told you you choose to be born into a life of pain and suffering.she is out of order,

Namaste
Old 16-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Master

i think maybe we suffer until we wake up. as many have said there came a time they decided to change and then things changed and there is no more suffering. if we miss the wake up call and sleep thru the alarm, we will remain asleep.
' kk