Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-07-2018, 05:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Compendium:
"The bible was put together by a council of men..."

You know, I've been a member here since 2010, and hearing this misguided errant perspective over and over again, and even before, on other forum.

Probably by the same individuals under different profile names.
It's a tired, errant, and archaic perception and perspective.

Yes "men"... inspired by the Divine Spirit of the Almighty. How do we know?
The accuracy of prophecy, both in the Messianic prophesies, and prophecy involving future events.

Such as we are seeing in today's events, and can be easily seen in what is going to occur.... Earth changes and in humanity, and human events.

So, you could not be more wrong in your street level view and reasoning. You should attain to the satellite view. It's what you need to do.
----------------
sky123:
"Lovely post".

It's balogna.

' Balogna' ?????

Is it a biblical character
Old 07-07-2018, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Compendium:
"The bible was put together by a council of men..."

You know, I've been a member here since 2010, and hearing this misguided errant perspective over and over again, and even before, on other forum.

Probably by the same individuals under different profile names.
It's a tired, errant, and archaic perception and perspective.

Yes "men"... inspired by the Divine Spirit of the Almighty. How do we know?
The accuracy of prophecy, both in the Messianic prophesies, and prophecy involving future events.

Such as we are seeing in today's events, and can be easily seen in what is going to occur.... Earth changes and in humanity, and human events.

So, you could not be more wrong in your street level view and reasoning. You should attain to the satellite view. It's what you need to do.
----------------
sky123:
"Lovely post".

It's balogna.

' Such as we are seeing in today's events, and can be easily seen in what is going to occur.... Earth changes and in humanity, and human events.'

These changes are ' Evolution ' or to put it simply... cause and effect..
Old 07-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Such as we are seeing in today's events, and can be easily seen in what is going to occur.... Earth changes and in humanity, and human events.'

These changes are ' Evolution ' or to put it simply... cause and effect..

Sure. What I was saying is that what we are seeing, are going to see, is part of Biblical prophecy, from long ago.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Sure. What I was saying is that what we are seeing, are going to see, is part of Biblical prophecy, from long ago.

Oh I see, I didn't know the bible taught this. Can you point me to these teachings please?
Old 07-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Experiencer

Morpheus how the bible was constructed is not a matter of theory, but historical fact. Please look it up.

What I stated is not an opinion in how I referenced the bible it is a fact.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I have noticed a trend in Christian religions whereas people are shamed if church rules aren’t followed or non-members don’t commit.
Behaviours of that sort happen in every walk of life; religious, spiritual or otherwise (think grade school cliques for example). What tends to happen is a few fanatics -- often the least conscious and least moral, and just look at politics today as an example -- take charge and make things ugly and awful for everyone else.

I was in a spiritual cult for years and I know the drill: if you're weren't on board with the narrowest and most hard-line interpretations of the cult's beliefs, you weren't considered a serious spiritual student. And yes, there was an element of shame involved, but mostly you weren't given organizational responsibilities because you just weren't trustworthy. As in, you were a rogue agent, and a threat to the leaders and established hierarchy.

I haven't spent a lot of time with Christians, but I can't say I felt that the church people I've sat down with were undergoing the sort of psychological abuse I went through. I've always put that down to church religion being more for ordinary everyday folks. Spiritual groups on the other hand tend to attract some pretty intense spiritualists, including a large number of psychologically ill individuals. But I guess Christian evangelicals fall into that category don't they? And there are plenty of those individuals in the world as well. Like I said, it's everywhere.
Old 13-07-2018, 08:39 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
Morpheus how the bible was constructed is not a matter of theory, but historical fact. Please look it up.

What I stated is not an opinion in how I referenced the bible it is a fact.

Many believe what looks like accomplishments of men are actually the spirit world in full control. I am confident God made sure his word lived. Especially the teachings of Jesus. Basically all the same in every translation( with the word- earth or land as a difference in some at Matthew 5:5)-- Few even know what Jesus actually taught. He sends all his followers to his Father in every thing. To accomplish this daily-John 4:22-24
Old 14-07-2018, 03:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Behaviours of that sort happen in every walk of life; religious, spiritual or otherwise (think grade school cliques for example). What tends to happen is a few fanatics -- often the least conscious and least moral, and just look at politics today as an example -- take charge and make things ugly and awful for everyone else.

This statement couldn't be more true!

Some churches operate like cults. I remember studying with a different religion, yet still Christian, group of individuals that belonged to a cult-like church and they wanted me to join their religion (church) and leave my spouse if he refused to see things their way and join as well. Their attempt to reel me in and brainwash me, in hindsight, demonstrated how gullible and weak I was religiously/spiritually and otherwise at that time. I learned a strong lesson from that experience though and am no longer afraid to state my convictions and stand up for my personal privacy and rights to lead my life as I see fit.
Old 14-07-2018, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
This statement couldn't be more true!

Some churches operate like cults. I remember studying with a different religion, yet still Christian, group of individuals that belonged to a cult-like church and they wanted me to join their religion (church) and leave my spouse if he refused to see things their way and join as well. Their attempt to reel me in and brainwash me, in hindsight, demonstrated how gullible and weak I was religiously/spiritually and otherwise at that time. I learned a strong lesson from that experience though and am no longer afraid to state my convictions and stand up for my personal privacy and rights to lead my life as I see fit.
You recognize my comment as true because you went through the same dang thing, yikes! Or very similar certainly. Poor you back then. Amazing wonderful free you today!