Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 12-04-2015, 06:53 AM
annabanana87

Was my Dad given exactly an extra 10 years to live?

I had come across some information in the last couple of months that made me immediately think maybe God or an Angel or Death agreed to give him exactly 10 more years to live than when he was supposed to go? I'll have to paint the picture and then I'd really like to hear some ideas on whether this could mean anything or if there were similar experiences?

Okay so my Dad had his first major heart attack when I was 9 - my Mum is very religious and she said that morning she woke up and saw a massive light like the sun was shining right into the room over her and Dad in the bed then a couple of hours after I was dropped off at school Dad had a heart attack and she called an ambulance. When I was brought home from school I was told of it and Mum showed me a black drawing of a skeleton hand on the ceiling above Dad's side of the bed with a pointed finger and she scrubbed and scrubbed and it took forever to come off. We took a photo of it and we still have it but its just so scary!

Well over the next year he had operations etc and his Cardiologist said he will only live another 3 years, he wasn't expected to make it past my 13th birthday.

Growing up my father was a prominent businessman and gave Mum and I a wonderful lifestyle, great house, lots and lots of travelling, etc but then when I was 12 years old we had to sell pretty much everything as he was too sick to work and the day we moved out was like a light switch was flicked - all of a sudden we were renting a terrible and small little cottage/villa type duplex (complete with roaches), then after a few years there we moved to an even worse and older home. We couldn't afford to go see my mum's side of the family overseas anymore - or go anywhere really.

It was literally like one day life was great and the next day it was like a totally different life, we didn't even have any of our old furniture we sold all that with the house and got cheaper furniture. I didn't recognise my life at all - it was psychologically tough for me at 12. Friends started bullying me and making fun of me that all of a sudden I had nothing and we lived in an old little tiny house. I moved to a capital city not long after I graduated high school to start working and earning money and my parents ended up in an even worse place after I left. My dad also got more sick and he also had to have his leg amputated - things just went from bad to worse for him (yes it affected us as we were a family of course but all these things would have affected my Dad physically and mentally more).

Cut to a few years ago and my Dad had his 5th and final heart attack and died 25 Sep 2009 around 3.30pm during a time where I was staying with them for a few months as my partner was away for the Army. I wasn't able to visit much in the years I was in a different city working but I was glad I all of a sudden could stay with them for a few months and spend a few weeks with him before he died.

A couple of months ago I was looking through old paperwork and old photos and I was searching for the wonderful home my parents had to sell when I was 12, the absolute turning point in my childhood, and saw listings information and it showed the sale date of the house which was ... 25 Sep 1999. I remember coming home that afternoon after school as Dad needed to grab a couple of more things (I didn't even know the house had sold) so it was around 3.30pm and I walked in to an empty home and then there was a knock at the door and it was the new owners asking why we were there because we should have been gone by the end of that day. I couldn't stop crying in the car on the way to our next home.

It was literally 10 years to the exact date and even close to the same time of day we moved out of that house and left everything behind and life was all of a sudden different. It also meant he made it past my 13th birthday and I got to have my father until young adulthood - his Cardiologist was always so surprised at the fact he made it past the year 2000.

My dad was a good man and so even if the whole "selling soul to the devil" thing is real I don't think that's what he did (plus don't you get an amazing life if you sell your soul?) but I think somehow there was an agreement made when it came to the time he was originally meant to go almost like he said "ill give up what I have, i'll struggle and i'll put up with deteriorating health - throw it at me!, as long as I can spend another 10 years with my wife and daughter" and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, he was always making sure we were okay plus I was so young - I'm so happy he was able to stay around until I reached adulthood. I have no doubt he's in a great place now with no more sickness and pain.

Has anyone heard of such things as agreements with Death or an Angel etc to have another 10 years of life if you exchange all your blessings for a hard life but still living nonetheless? It's just so weird that my childhood turning point and when he was supposed to be dead by (the second heart attack was supposed to be it for him) to when he actually died was 10 years to the hour.

Was something special meant to come out of this?
Old 16-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Master
I don't know the answer to your question but your story was very interesting non-the-less and I appreciate you sharing.

Did you ever figure out where the big hand print came from? What did your mom make of it? ... and what did she make of the light she saw in the bedroom before his heart attack? Does she ever speak of it?

As for the selling your soul to the devil, I think thats more about selling your soul to the world, greed, selfishness, the need for power - none of those things are fulfilling and will ever bring happiness, only a temporary false happiness and then one will be left in their own hell due to their greed and selfishness.
It doesn't sound like your dad was those things.
Old 16-04-2015, 11:02 PM
annabanana87

Thanks :) Even if it was all a weird coincidence its just bizarre to think it was literally 10 years to the date and time that everything turned around to when he died - could just be one of life's weird things.

I posted it on another forum and a lady said maybe it wasn't so much about what happened in those 10 years to him, etc, its more so that I was the one who noticed this coincidence and maybe all those lessons were for me to experience in life and he was just the conductor.

My mum believes in heaven and hell and believed it was an angel or her mother (she died a few years before then) warning her about Dad's first heart attack coming on in a few hours and then seeing the hand she believed it was Death pointing to him. She did used to speak of it when I was really young around the time it first happened and she furiously prayed and prayed when she woke up to those two things happening then his heart attack happened a couple of hours later and she felt it all made sense.

After that she never mentioned it again but when my Dad died (he died out the front of the house on the porch/portico entrance area) the very next morning very early I could hear Mum saying "just go already!" and was chattering to someone and I could hear a man's voice mumbling. Then I wandered out to see her and she was still talking and I said "whats happening" and she turned around and started walking back inside and said "your Dad doesn't know he died so I'm telling him to go away". No one was on the front entrance area and the gate was locked. She said it was Dad and she saw him laying on the ground in the same position he died and he stood up confused wanting to come inside. She said he looked about 30 years younger and was wearing a light grey sweater shirt and light grey trousers. So when it came time to choose the clothes we were to give to the funeral parlour for him we chose his light grey sweater shirt and light grey trousers.

But things like that have always happened to my Mum - after her Mum died when I was 6 the guest shower would turn on full blast (hot water only) at around midnight. First night it happened freaked me out because the guest bathroom was right next to my bedroom and I had to wake my parents up to turn the shower tap off. It happened for 3 nights in a row.
Old 17-04-2015, 03:26 AM
Master

I don't really have any thoughts as to what happened but thank you for sharing your story - your Dad sounded like a wonderful man and I'm glad he got those ten years to be with you and your mother.

The hand on the ceiling is really very interesting and i'm sure it was some sort of sign or message from spirit. I don't think that the ten years to the day was a coincidence.

Jenny Crow
Old 17-04-2015, 03:41 AM
Ascender

I think he consciously or unconsciously willed it that way. A scare like a heart attack and the prospect of death has a way totally reorganizing your priorities. Ultimately we are the dictators of our experience. I think he just saw he wanted and needed to experience the reversal of his priorities and wouldn't take no for an answer. In a way, it is a pact with life, not the devil.
Old 18-04-2015, 02:53 AM
annabanana87

thank, he was a good man :) someone else said it definitely isn't a coincidence and that they don't exist, they're just synchronicities labelled as coincidences - i haven't looked up what he means by that but i might later

yes he definitely changed his priorities, he had always been there for me all the time of course but was also a very very busy man too and back in the day (and i guess nowadays) head honcho bankers were mainly men and would go out drinking all the time, sometimes he wouldn't be home till 1am on weeknights. all that stopped when he got sick and retired, he sold his yacht and stopped going out for a few days on fishing trips etc, he was home a lot more and life became very quiet for him.
Old 22-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Pathfinder
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana87
thank, he was a good man :) someone else said it definitely isn't a coincidence and that they don't exist, they're just synchronicities labelled as coincidences - i haven't looked up what he means by that but i might later
Good idea.
Old 22-04-2015, 11:07 PM
annabanana87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waller
Good idea.

haha you're here too! I did look it up in the mean time and I've read very interesting things and some wonderful stories
Old 23-04-2015, 01:16 AM
Experiencer

I can confirm only from my own experience that spiritual deals can be struck. I don't know how the details of these deals work, to whom they apply, or why, but I have my own father's death experience (a deal struck after death) to confirm to you. I will gladly share with you in private message if you wish to hear the details. But if not, there is no harm in you believing that a deal was struck. I'm glad you had the extra 10 years with your dad.
Old 23-04-2015, 01:36 AM
annabanana87

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak.
I can confirm only from my own experience that spiritual deals can be struck. I don't know how the details of these deals work, to whom they apply, or why, but I have my own father's death experience (a deal struck after death) to confirm to you. I will gladly share with you in private message if you wish to hear the details. But if not, there is no harm in you believing that a deal was struck. I'm glad you had the extra 10 years with your dad.

Hi Teak
I would LOVE to hear about the details of your experience - I welcome all related stories as I feel as though you can never have too little information in life. I look forward to your private message