Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-03-2013, 03:45 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingWisdom
But the only one that comes close (but still not good enough)is like imagining that a Higher Self is like a body and individuals are like cells in the body. The cells are born and die.... they belong to this body.... But the body lives in throughout all this time...

I completely understand your analogy but see it in a slightly different way.... :^)

What you're mentioning is another way of saying what's generally been said about this subject.... when we talk about "the soul" choosing the theme of each lifetime, what are we saying? That each individual life that the soul lives-through is not the soul itself... we may feel distinct and separate during each lifetime but we are merely a projection of our higher self...

...when we pass we re-align with this bigger us, which is "I".

The individual life is more a causal creation toward an end... and when we pass-on we do not loose this connection with our greater self, we simply re-awaken to who we've always been... nothing is lost... we do not die in that regard, we simply realize, with awakened clarity, what we've been up to...

I think what freaks most out is the thought that we die, that's it... when you reference the cell dying, it has a feeling of dissolve then dead... curtains close to this life, we die and our soul lives on, separately... this may occur in the physical sense but not so with consciousness. Our experience of who we are is not erased the way a cell would die and be expelled... Our experience is "awakened".... it is, as we are, but only more so... we awaken to our-self... and find that we had arranged our own lives, just as we had arranged all others... there never was a separate set of me's, it was "I" all along.... :^)
Old 02-04-2013, 04:46 AM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Seeking Wisdom---no offence intended, but that is hogwash....

By the way, your statement in earlier post in this topic is this:

"We as spirit, "are" energy.....my understanding is that no physical being can bring 100% of their energy into an incarnation; it is said that it would fry your circuits.....I have been told that I did "not" bring enough into this incarnation"

And it's basically the same idea as what SeekingWisdom mentioned. "YOU" as a huge program cannot fit yourself into a small primitive body (program). So you create a simplified version of yourself. In other words: "you can't bring 100% of your energy into an incarnation".

It's the same idea, but just expressed very differently I guess and maybe not all can see it.

I've noticed that many different religions and people's groups have the same ideas but call them different names and most of the time don't recognize them as the same. But if we all got together and patiently compared and sifted through ideas, we would finally come up with some things that keep repeating in most religions... and these must be the true pieces...
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555

"We as spirit, "are" energy.....my understanding is that no physical being can bring 100% of their energy into an incarnation; it is said that it would fry your circuits.....I have been told that I did "not" bring enough into this incarnation"

And it's basically the same idea as what SeekingWisdom mentioned. "YOU" as a huge program cannot fit yourself into a small primitive body (program). So you create a simplified version of yourself. In other words: "you can't bring 100% of your energy into an incarnation".

Agreed! From what I've seen, should our soul make itself fully known within this lifetime the illusion of this experience would dissolve, perhaps instantly.... if we wake up, then we wake up... our soul entering the scene would awaken us to the point where we could no longer sustain the convincing imagery of physical solidity.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555

It's the same idea, but just expressed very differently I guess and maybe not all can see it.

I've noticed that many different religions and people's groups have the same ideas but call them different names and most of the time don't recognize them as the same. But if we all got together and patiently compared and sifted through ideas, we would finally come up with some things that keep repeating in most religions... and these must be the true pieces...

I suppose that semantics often clouds the issues, but I just cannot think of my spiritual self as a program...
Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 PM
StephenK

Quote:
I suppose that semantics often clouds the issues, but I just cannot think of my spiritual self as a program...
It wouldn't be your "spiritual self" that's the program... it's the manor in which you currently interpret life, based on the conditioning that has accompanied your up-brining, that is definable as a "program". To be "female" is part of a programing routine with endless variations, based on both this and past lifetime exposures... to be "religious" is so randomly contrived with endless subroutines and countless programmable variables.... your spiritual self is not the program, but our current definition of self can easily be defined in such a way...

When you "help someone to the the other side" what are you doing? Are you not encouraging them to re-embrace their original vibrational identity, and to thus release their iron grip on this current definition-of-self (program).

Each time we enter life we are participating in a culturally defined program that is customized to that time period, geographical location, and individualized parental orientations and projections.... when we pass-on we leave the immediacy of that programing behind... if we can't leave it we thus become "wandering" within the shadows of this programing, for the duration of our inability to let-go.....
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
It wouldn't be your "spiritual self" that's the program... it's the manor in which you currently interpret life, based on the conditioning that has accompanied your up-brining, that is definable as a "program". To be "female" is part of a programing routine with endless variations, based on both this and past lifetime exposures... to be "religious" is so randomly contrived with endless subroutines and countless programmable variables.... your spiritual self is not the program, but our current definition of self can easily be defined in such a way...

When you "help someone to the the other side" what are you doing? Are you not encouraging them to re-embrace their original vibrational identity, and to thus release their iron grip on this current definition-of-self (program).

Each time we enter life we are participating in a culturally defined program that is customized to that time period, geographical location, and individualized parental orientations and projections.... when we pass-on we leave the immediacy of that programing behind... if we can't leave it we thus become "wandering" within the shadows of this programing, for the duration of our inability to let-go.....

Well, I prefer to look at it as a theater production; we enter the stage, play our parts, learn as we go and then depart the stage--show over........
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Well, I prefer to look at it as a theater production; we enter the stage, play our parts, learn as we go and then depart the stage--show over........
Oh goodness my dear.... semantics... entering a stage or visualizing it all as programmable software with a multitude of data bases to draw-on ... pretty much the same thing... semantics... loosely defined, objectively pointed-to... we enter, we embrace, we depart... :^)
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Oh goodness my dear.... semantics... entering a stage or visualizing it all as programmable software with a multitude of data bases to draw-on ... pretty much the same thing... semantics... loosely defined, objectively pointed-to... we enter, we embrace, we depart... :^)

LOL--my generation would never equate it with software and databases...but I can understand why other's might....
Old 10-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Knower

My friends and guides are pretty much the same as when they had bodies outside of their own continuous evolution. The real difference of course is their relation to the world of matter has shifted. Everything else has been retained: moral compass, values, emotions, expressions, experience, characterization, etc, and of course; consciousness.

Of course a little validation process can go a long way. An early experience in my trancemedium training (all of which occurred entirely in the mind).

2 entities perceived as above my head (slightly out of phase) ...

being 1: move right
---standing at the kitchen sink I take a step right
being 2: move left
---standing at the kitchen sink I take a step left
both beings nearly simultaneous
---whooa -- in a moment of enlightenment

We just validated telepathic contact being to being / body. Entities learn through our experience and interaction with our experience.

This was during a period of training I call the "puppet in a meat stick" phase. This is where you wake up to how you react to spiritual communication in the mind not originating in your own voice. How many beings does it take to drive my reality? A whole lot more than I previously knew possible. I was channeling them all! Hence the "puppet in a meat stick" reference.
Old 28-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
I've read Michael Newton's books--in which hypnotized clients not only experience past lives, but the experience of discarnate souls in-between lives. One thing I recall is that not all of the soul incarnates into the body in a given lifetime. Depending on the demands that will be placed on it during the lifetime, it might send more or less of itself into the body. If it sends half of its energy into the incarnation, the other half stays home and watches from the sidelines.

Don't hold me to this, but I suspect the "higher self" is the part of the soul that stayed behind. It knows the "script" the rest of it is playing out on earth, and what purpose it was supposed to fulfill by incarnating, and it can be tapped by its incarnated half for guidance. In fact, I think it's always feeding us guidance, which we get in the form of intuition, inspiration, and "gut feelings."

So if that really is the case, then we merge back with the rest of ourselves after death.

I have also read this book, and after myself recently having some past life regressions and then a disusdion under hypnosis with my higher self, my experience was almost identical to the process documented ones... Mind boggling really. My higher selfs answers came through my mouth, were monosybillic and very masculine deep voice.

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul