Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 23-04-2011, 12:26 PM
mattie

Productive Exercise Interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kureigu
..., wish there was more and more people running and doing something about there health rather than sitting in pubs allday getiing tipsy.

It is productive that you’ve found an interest other than pub sitting all day!

Some studies have found that brisk walking can be as beneficial as running for exercise & not nearly as damaging to the joints. As you’ve taken an interest in health issues, exploring some warm up stretching yoga type exercises might be a very useful complement for your running.
Old 23-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Time

running is one of the best things you can do. Humans are built to run for hours on end, and keep going. ITs from our hunting and gathering past.

I have some knee problems as well, so its hard for me to run, but swimming and biking work really well. Im going to start getting into running again, but I have to build up my knee strength.

This includes full body stretches, especialy the calves, hamstrings and glutes. Stretching stops the mucles from geting tight and helps to eventualy ease some pain. Strengthening it takes a little bit more time. Leg press, biking, swimming, hanstring curls, and any excersise that works out the entire leg is good, becasue all the muscles around the injury are compensating for the damaged area ( which can cause some pain in itself)

A great study that was just done, has shown that running in shoes, even professional running shoes causes more shock and impact to run up your legs into your back. While barefoot running had little no no impact. Shoes force our feet to hit the ground differently then when we are barefoot. This always causes undo impact to your ankles and knees, even if you have perfect form.

LOl breath... im the same way. Im not a small guy, and i tend to walk with purpose, let alone run LOL. That IS a good way to get people to move!
Old 23-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Time

sry... grats dude!!!! I didnt know that it was that big of an improvement dude!
Old 23-04-2011, 02:40 PM
breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
running is one of the best things you can do. Humans are built to run for hours on end, and keep going. ITs from our hunting and gathering past.

I have some knee problems as well, so its hard for me to run, but swimming and biking work really well. Im going to start getting into running again, but I have to build up my knee strength.

This includes full body stretches, especialy the calves, hamstrings and glutes. Stretching stops the mucles from geting tight and helps to eventualy ease some pain. Strengthening it takes a little bit more time. Leg press, biking, swimming, hanstring curls, and any excersise that works out the entire leg is good, becasue all the muscles around the injury are compensating for the damaged area ( which can cause some pain in itself)

A great study that was just done, has shown that running in shoes, even professional running shoes causes more shock and impact to run up your legs into your back. While barefoot running had little no no impact. Shoes force our feet to hit the ground differently then when we are barefoot. This always causes undo impact to your ankles and knees, even if you have perfect form.

LOl breath... im the same way. Im not a small guy, and i tend to walk with purpose, let alone run LOL. That IS a good way to get people to move!

!

I think you can get these new-age super shoes that are basically socks with a thin layer of rubber across the bottom and a split between the big toe and the rest of the toes. A good excersize for people who need low impact 'running' type excersizes is walking up steep hills. You'd be amazed at how fast your heart rate rises, my pulse raised up to about 201 just doing a massive incline walk on a treadmill.

And what you said about running. Weirdly humans are a bit of a picky hybrid, we've got the legs to run but the spine to crawl on all fours and a rib cage to run with hands and feet not just legs.

The best excersize for a human with little impact is swimming, cycling and climbing. I'd be up for a bit of tree hopping, used to LOVE that as a kid. Can't believe how high I'd climb now I'm an adult... Fearless. Sitting up in the evergreen looking trees, licking the back of the bark, that yellowy stuff that tasted slightly of orange juice with my best mate. Saving his bloody kittens from impending doom...

Those were the days.

Old 23-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Time

Yeah... ive seen those. But nohting building some caluses couldnt solve. I used to be able to walk on glass LOL.

Were barley even evolved. We have lots of "growing up to do" i guess. hence they "Weird hybrid" as you put it LOL.
Old 19-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Sundialed

10 km 43 mins beat that craig! haha jk..

i am most spiritually evolving when running is a part of my regime.
Old 20-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Master
I think that just as beneficial as running is, swimming is JUSt as beneficial....it excercises ALL muscles of the body not just the arms, it's very meditative and it doesn't hurt your joints.
Spiritlite.
Old 20-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Self
10 km 43 mins beat that craig! haha jk..

i am most spiritually evolving when running is a part of my regime.

edit,

i did it in 50 minutes today lol

and yeah swimming is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome! one day i'll swim with ya!
Old 21-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Master
Symbiotic sure come on down and we'll take a swim.
Spiritlite
Old 21-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Kureigu

l ran 11.5 km , ln 1 hour, am guna run 12.5 km ton1ght