Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 14-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
The answer I was looking for....
Yes,in dreams.
Some do not believe that dreams can take us on visits to the spirit world but they can,very much so.

I often ask hubby to show me the spirit world and twice he did that.
Proof was further shown to me by the arrival of an old army mate of his passing to spirit.
This soldier lived into his 70's but was shown as a young man arriving,dressed in army clothes,looking very battle scarred.
The dream was a very lucid dream where every event in it,was remembered.
My proof beyond communication.

Deepsea

duh, my dear you just proved that "spirit" IS needed and what you described "is" communication....there is also OBEs, NDEs, ADCs, near death communications, visions, orbs, etc. etc. spiuritulism "is" all about spirit and spirit communication in all its various manifestations......
Old 14-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I didn't realize that Spiritualism holds mediumship as the ONLY method of communication between spirit and us. I guess you learn something every day. It's much too restrictive for me... if anyone cared to know lol.

evidence for survival after death is at the core of everything that is spiritulist.....
Old 14-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Juanita

duh, no wonder I was having a deja vu moment -- have posted to this thread before.....justa couple of comments--you don't have to be a Spiritulist to be a spiritulist, or a Spiritist to be a spiritist......believing in spirit and a spirit world (Home) is quite enough....also, from my understanding, there are many levels and realms within levels on the Otherside.....the astral level which is much like earth is only the first level---there is much, much more and the journey is a very long one (eons)......
Old 14-07-2012, 07:06 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
duh, no wonder I was having a deja vu moment -- have posted to this thread before.....justa couple of comments--you don't have to be a Spiritulist to be a spiritulist, or a Spiritist to be a spiritist......believing in spirit and a spirit world (Home) is quite enough....also, from my understanding, there are many levels and realms within levels on the Otherside.....the astral level which is much like earth is only the first level---there is much, much more and the journey is a very long one (eons)......

quote: "....you don't have to be a Spiritulist to be a spiritulist, or a Spiritist to be a spiritist......believing in spirit and a spirit world (Home) is quite enough"

To indicate the differences it's customary to write 'Spiritualist' (with a capital 'S') to signify an adherent of the teachings of Modern Spiritualism, (religion and philosophy
) A spiritualist (lower case 's') would then be someone whose interest is generally concerning matters-spiritual.

The word 'Spiritist' (an adherent of the teachings of 'Spiritism') can be viewed as similar to Spiritualist although there are differences between Spiritualism and Spiritism.

It's probably most accurate to say that a 'Spiritualist' is someone who understands and accepts the notion of survival and the possibility of communication, through mediumship, of discarnates and incarnates.
Old 16-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
quote: "....you don't have to be a Spiritulist to be a spiritulist, or a Spiritist to be a spiritist......believing in spirit and a spirit world (Home) is quite enough"

To indicate the differences it's customary to write 'Spiritualist' (with a capital 'S') to signify an adherent of the teachings of Modern Spiritualism, (religion and philosophy
) A spiritualist (lower case 's') would then be someone whose interest is generally concerning matters-spiritual.

The word 'Spiritist' (an adherent of the teachings of 'Spiritism') can be viewed as similar to Spiritualist although there are differences between Spiritualism and Spiritism.

It's probably most accurate to say that a 'Spiritualist' is someone who understands and accepts the notion of survival and the possibility of communication, through mediumship, of discarnates and incarnates.

Isn't that exactly what I did and said??? ie....I am a spiritulist, but not a Spiritualist..........Spiritism is mostly based on the teachings of Allen Kardec and they are devoutly christian, whereas in Spiritulism it is a choice to also be christian or not.......
Old 16-07-2012, 08:05 PM
mac

"Originally Posted by mac

Isn't that exactly what I did and said??? ie....I am a spiritulist, but not a Spiritualist..........Spiritism is mostly based on the teachings of Allen Kardec and they are devoutly christian, whereas in Spiritulism it is a choice to also be christian or not.......
"

Well, no, it isn't exactly what you did or said and that's why I wrote what I did.

I didn't attempt to define Spiritualism (or deal with the acceptance or not of Christianity) or define Spiritism as that wasn't my intention - but I could quite readily....

As a final point we're writing this in a forum entiltled 'Spiritualism' under the umbrella heading 'Religions and Faiths' and I'm a Spiritualist whereas you say you're a spiritulist. (sic)

See why I wrote as I did?
Old 21-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"Originally Posted by mac

"

Well, no, it isn't exactly what you did or said and that's why I wrote what I did.

I didn't attempt to define Spiritualism (or deal with the acceptance or not of Christianity) or define Spiritism as that wasn't my intention - but I could quite readily....

As a final point we're writing this in a forum entiltled 'Spiritualism' under the umbrella heading 'Religions and Faiths' and I'm a Spiritualist whereas you say you're a spiritulist. (sic)

See why I wrote as I did?

well, duh---no.... don't see your point....You are a Spiritulist and I am a spiritulist... You adhere to the phlosophy of your Spiritualist Church and Association..... I do not altho I do agree on many of the concepts, but not all ......do you, for instance, go to Lilydale every year? Are you a Medium? do you believe that mediumship is the only way to communicate with spirit?
Old 21-07-2012, 08:58 PM
mac

Quote:
well, duh---no.... don't see your point....You are a Spiritulist and I am a spiritulist... You adhere to the phlosophy of your Spiritualist Church and Association..... I do not altho I do agree on many of the concepts, but not all ......do you, for instance, go to Lilydale every year? Are you a Medium? do you believe that mediumship is the only way to communicate with spirit?

I don't know how to make things any simpler for you.

You're wrong in your assumptions about my adhering to the philosophy of the Spiritualist church. I adhere to the teachings and philosophy of Spiritualism, not those of a church or an association. I guess you'd need to understand what Modern Spiritualism is to understand the difference.

You'd also be better able to see why none of that is spiritualism, which presumably interests you as a spiritualist .

I don't understand what Lilydale's got to do with this. Based in Florida it's just one location. Spiritualism is way bigger than just one location.
Old 23-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I don't know how to make things any simpler for you.

You're wrong in your assumptions about my adhering to the philosophy of the Spiritualist church. I adhere to the teachings and philosophy of Spiritualism, not those of a church or an association. I guess you'd need to understand what Modern Spiritualism is to understand the difference.

You'd also be better able to see why none of that is spiritualism, which presumably interests you as a spiritualist .

I don't understand what Lilydale's got to do with this. Based in Florida it's just one location. Spiritualism is way bigger than just one location.

Lilydale is not in Florida......spiritulism is all about spirit and the continuation of life after death.....If you are not affiliated with a Spiritulist Church or Association, you are not a Spiritulist but a spiritulist as I am.... I am quite familiar with Modern spiritulism...... You need to understand that there really is no difference between being a spiritulist and a Spiritulist as the capital S signifies it as a religion.....Perhaps it is different in the land of Robin Hood.....:-)
Old 23-07-2012, 07:30 PM
mac

Quote:
Lilydale is not in Florida......spiritulism is all about spirit and the continuation of life after death.....If you are not affiliated with a Spiritulist Church or Association, you are not a Spiritulist but a spiritulist as I am.... I am quite familiar with Modern spiritulism...... You need to understand that there really is no difference between being a spiritulist and a Spiritulist as the capital S signifies it as a religion.....Perhaps it is different in the land of Robin Hood.....:-)

slip of the cyber pen - I had Casadaga in my thoughts.....

I wonder who taught you one has to be affiliated in the way you suggest? But you're completely right about there being no significance in spelling of Spiritualist provided they're adherents of the religion and philosophy. If you had followed more of the postings from the past few years, however, you would have 'met' individuals who think spiritualism is having an interest in matters spiritual - matters of any and all kinds.

So, to distinguish between those individuals and those like myself, I find it helpful to write 'Spiritualist' with an upper case letter 's'.

And, yes, in this land of Robin Hood (and also Australia incidentally) it is different and there happens now to be a far greater number of churches and centers here than in the US, somewhat sad considering Modern Spiritualism has its roots in Hydesville, NY, not so very far from Lilydale.....