Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 06-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Friesfan1

Cat Newbie Dowser

Hello Everyone,
I joined this group in an effort to learn more about dowsing. I recently was at a Genealogy seminar, where the guest speaker is a Dowser. She showed us how to use the Dowsing rods or Pendulum. The next day I gave it a try myself. I was surprised that I could actually do this. Now I am on a quest to see how things work and learn more from those who are willing to answer questions.

I am trying to educate myself by reading what I can online about both types of dowsing. I have been using my cats for my dowsing experiments. The guest speaker had her husband lay on the floor and explained the basics of dowsing. [the wind here has been terrible so outdoors has not really been an option]

I do know this takes time, patience, practice and learning. I tend to be a bit impatient. But I am here to learn and take any ideas & pointers.

Also, my first question:

Why do my rods cross over a certain area. I am in my own yard and just walking it. They cross in the same place each time & uncross in the same place. I am wondering, but not sure, if this could be a water line, or something else. How does one learn what is under their feet?

Thank you for allowing me to be part of the forums
Old 12-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Dowsing with rods or pendulums

Hi, I was so interested in dowsing and found that there's a national group called the American Society of Dowsers. They train and educate themselves and others. Our local chapter has given a few small classes for our group and I hope to build up interest so we can have a local chapter in our area. Check out their web site and see if there's anyone close to you. Many of them started out as water dowsers and have developed into many areas including finding lost objects without even being near the location and assisting with health verification. It's so interesting! Good Luck.
Old 14-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Friesfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp415
Hi, I was so interested in dowsing and found that there's a national group called the American Society of Dowsers. They train and educate themselves and others. Our local chapter has given a few small classes for our group and I hope to build up interest so we can have a local chapter in our area. Check out their web site and see if there's anyone close to you. Many of them started out as water dowsers and have developed into many areas including finding lost objects without even being near the location and assisting with health verification. It's so interesting! Good Luck.
______

Thank you JPJ for your answer. I appreciate all input.

MLB
Old 29-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Henri77

more

There are a fair number of youtube videos on dowsing that I've come across.
I've only tried it a couple times (in my apt) and sure enough, water was the major attractor.......
though they responded-crossed when my spine was over the source, and this I didn't expect.
Old 29-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Master
Dowsing can be used for more than locating free water underground.
I once watched an engineer tracing the route of a water main under two feet of reinforced concrete using two bent welding rods.

I have used dowsing to locate and track Ley lines.
You need to find what you are sensitive to, I don't think it is a straight-forward subject.
Old 29-03-2012, 12:42 PM
earthprowler

i had a set of rods that i used for ghost hunting. i worked with them often enough they could count (simple questions like how many people are in the room), and they could spell by going through the alphabet to get to the letters needed. they were very particular to who handled them, i let the wrong person use them one time and they refused to work for three weeks. sadly they were taken (not sure why, just simple copper rods), and i never got around to working with another set like them.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Friesfan1

Thanks for all of your replies. I have watched some video's on YouTube. I have found some helpful, others not so much.

Earthprowler: Wow! I guess I should not be suprised in this day and age that someone stole your rods. Very sad too. I hope you can find another set that works for you.

Norseman: I agree, I find that telling my rods what I am looking for they responds. I have found I can dowse graves and then ask the pendulum to tell me what gender the person was who was buried there. I always ask: "Is the person buried here male" and either get a yes or no response. I can only do this on single headstones as couples are buried with the female always on the right hand side.

Henri77: That is interesting about your spine being over it before they respond. I have much more learning to do and would really love to go with a seasoned dowser to check my responses. There are not many in my area and I live rural. So I would probably have to travel quite a few miles to meet up with someone for help.

Thanks again!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Henri77

I expect self experimentation will teach you lots.

Since I do daily ChiGong my energy center my be different from others, as I ground-connect through the center of my body... Rods & pendulems are moved by the bodys response and not directly by the source sought.. as I understand it.