Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Sky, this is reality. This is what distinguishes Christianity from errancy, mimicry, and fraud.

Your reality Morph.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Your reality Morph.

No, it's something about objective reality sky.

Well, instead of bantering sky, perhaps share which of those two tenets you may have issue with, or what your problem is.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-05-2019, 08:08 PM
Master
Quote:
No, it's something about objective reality sky.

Well, instead of bantering sky, perhaps share which of those two tenets you may have issue with, or what your problem is.

No issue with nor problem Morph. I totally ignore Dogma
Old 09-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Wrong.

So lets discuss the two essential tenets that distinguish an organization as correct, and actually Christian.
One is the deity of Jesus Christ, as He Himself claimed more than once in the Gospels, regarding equality with the Almighty.
The other, is salvation by grace through faith.

"Not of works", say's St. Paul, "so that none may boast".

This is Christianity.

The trouble is words can have many meanings. What is the meaning of these words like salvation and grace?
Everything now has lost it's meaning
but like i said i have been in evangelical churches that were worshipping satan right out in the open. so i really don't have much trust that beliefs alone is what defines christianity. it's something else, undefinable and valuable.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
The trouble is words can have many meanings. What is the meaning of these words like salvation and grace?
Everything now has lost it's meaning
but like i said i have been in evangelical churches that were worshipping satan right out in the open. so i really don't have much trust that beliefs alone is what defines christianity. it's something else, undefinable and valuable.

Right, so? The topic is about what defines a church or organization as genuine, regarding defining tenets, and dogma.

Of course, which the congregation, or organization would have to commit to, and practice.

1. The deity of Christ.

2. Salvation by God's grace, mercy, and love.
"... A gift of God, not of works".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 10-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Master
Addendum...
Received by faith.

"For they who come to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Old 10-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Right, so? The topic is about what defines a church or organization as genuine, regarding defining tenets, and dogma.

Of course, which the congregation, or organization would have to commit to, and practice.

1. The deity of Christ.

2. Salvation by God's grace, mercy, and love.
"... A gift of God, not of works".

yes ok but they could still not be truly authentic in practice but meet the criteria of correct beliefs. its hard not to raise that as a big deal. those 2 points are pretty core ones though i will admit
Old 11-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Master
In fact, in the modern world, most churches have deviated to where the person on stage is the center of attention giving motivational discussions to the congregations. Instead of the Almighty being center, Whom they discuss.
This is not the power of God.

There are exceptions where the power of God is active in those congregations where the service format allows for the free form worship, praises, and hearty shouts of the congregation, which was the original situation in the earliest churches.

Hymns and singing are good, but not enough.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:20 PM
ImthatIm

I love this "Dogma":
Love God with all your heart, mind and soul, and your neighbor as yourself.
God so Loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall be saved.
Deny yourself pick up your cross/tree and follow Me/Christ
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils. freely ye have received, freely give.
You will know them by their fruits.
I think church organizations become more of a business.(Some not all)
They can seem to have twisted priorities.
The salvation experience can be just a trip to the alter claiming Christ as Lord of your heart then
they have them sort of initiated in the Heaven club hand out a set of rules and go right to teaching on
tithes and offerings.Claiming they are new people in Christ and skip right over transformation into Love.
Some are lucky and seem to get a great transformation by understanding truth right away but others
need a lot of unlearning and becoming transformed by Grace through faith through Christ and His Holy Spirit of God.
But I do trust God will handle all things to the good.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:46 PM
Master

Quote:
In fact, in the modern world, most churches have deviated to where the person on stage is the center of attention giving motivational discussions to the congregations. Instead of the Almighty being center, Whom they discuss.
This is not the power of God.

There are exceptions where the power of God is active in those congregations where the service format allows for the free form worship, praises, and hearty shouts of the congregation, which was the original situation in the earliest churches.

Hymns and singing are good, but not enough.

some also seek phenomena and manifestations of the 'spirit' causing hysterical behaviour with a total lack of discernment. the false toronto blessing which is not the holy spirit. it angers me