Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: What portion of wake time are you present?
Less than 1 % (less than 10 minutes) 0 0%
Between 1% and 5% (10 minutes to an hour) 2 25.00%
Between 5 % and 10 % (between an hour and 2 hours) 1 12.50%
Between 10 % and 15 % (between 2 hours and 3 hours) 0 0%
More than 15 % (more than 3 hours) 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Human beings can re-condition themselves to where being conscious is not difficult, rather it is similar to staying in an easy-going
flow of conscious awareness. Disciplined yogis in India and elsewhere have been known to consciously control their autonomic bodily
systems without the use of thought.

The average human condition is under-developed. Esoteric science teaches that subconscious deduction is influenced by self-conscious
induction. In short, our subconscious is not detached from our conscious. This is also taught in the Hebrew Qabbalah. Although most
people seem to prefer the Freudian model of the subconscious.

I agree with what you are saying about the human condition, but the human condition is still evolving, if ever so slowly. There was once
a time when human beings did not know that they had a subconscious.
I don't know about Freudian models etc. I'm not interested in Freud. Doesn't resonate with me.
I think what yogis attempt to do is to restructure their subconscious so many things can then become automatic. What else would you sit on a mountain for and chant "Ohm" (Grin) if you wouldn't achieve that, only got to the part that you lived in the conscious mind it'd be pretty useless.
Also, the bodily functions that some can control and alter are controlled by the subconscious. So you'd have to tap into that, then train it, to do different things. With the conscious mind you cannot really do this.
The subconscious has a use for sure and I do not believe the idea is to only live in the conscious and try to ignore the rest.
The conscious mind is much much slower while the subconscious is like a super mega fast computer. The conscious mind is not.
I'm quite certain this is why it's so exhausting to be in the 'now' all the time.
Also, there's nothing wrong with the subconscious and it doing many things for us. The ONLY thing that is not so advantageous is the fact that our negative patterning and believes are in there too.
In order to be whole it is important to change those, eliminate them as much as possible. For that you can use specific techniques.
Affirmations won't do, they're only the conscious mind, on that level. You need something else.
Watch some Bruce Lipton. Scientist, the first who discovered a helluva lot of groundbreaking things about our anatomy and functions. So controversial at the time that he was shunned by the fellow scientific world. Now they too are beginning to discover what he already knew decades ago.
He basically bridges science and spirituality, for instance Abraham Hicks / Law of Attraction. He provides the scientific proof of how this works.
And it gels perfectly with 5D education.
Old 20-06-2019, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider
But if we walk through traffic without thinking about the argument we had with a school bully 20 years ago but totally focused on here now (traffic) then we would do a much better job. Living in the present is exhausting at first because of our mental conditioning ghat makes us all compulsive thinkers. We have rewire our mind to lead happy lives.
It's exhausting because the conscious mind is super mega slow whereas the subconscious can do things incredibly super mega fast.
It's not the idea to live in the conscious only, you could maybe with a lot of effort -although I doubt anyone would succeed-, but then you're ignoring a vast part of the brain that is there for a reason.
Retraining your mind should have to do with changing the patterning in the subconscious that is negative/doesn't serve us. Which is a vast amount. It's all we've recorded in there during the first 7 years of our lives and on that everything we believe is based, and thus much of our actions and convictions. Since we only recorded these then, when our minds were totally open in Theta, it's information and beliefs and norms & values that aren't truly ours but our parents', teachers' and so on.
This is why proper inner child work is so important, but you have to use the right methods otherwise it doesn't work as then it won't get into the subconscious.
Old 20-06-2019, 04:00 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider
But why do you think you have to move-out of the present to figure that. I think your understanding of living-in-presence is wrong.

I apologize.
It was a bad attempt at humor.
I should have concluded with a LOL.LOL
Old 20-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Seeker

The argument in favour of being present is that unrelated thoughts always lead to unhappiness. Even positive unrelated thoughts result in misery. It’s just so hard to be in present though. I believe that one could lead a much happier life even if he spends 25% of his waking hour (not including meditation) in presence. It’s very difficult but worth trying.