Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-12-2012, 10:42 AM
azoura111

How very beautiful and uplifting to read all of these!
This is rather long but may take a moment to explain
It's been about 7 years now that my mother has passed. When it happened it was very traumatic to me at the time as well.. I was most fearful that after death there was nothing. That I might not see her again.The very thought of it was certainly harrowing and gave me a homesick feeling, could not put to words..
The way that she passed was rather sudden and a mystery to me. She had left to go out of town for a few weeks and the man she was with wasn't the best influence I should say..She became depressed and started on hard drugs shorty after getting with him. She was there with him for 2 days when we got the news that she had been hit by a truck. The man she was with witnessed this and when asked by me personally what exactly had happened, he told me probably 5 or 6 different versions of how. She stumbled, she was running in the rain,she was cleaning her glasses, he even told me weeks later that she was taking her shirt off flashing herself and tripped on a rock..almost in a joking way he said this.. I could strongly feel this was not genuine..

I was 14 at the time and already a strange time in life ( what isn't ) I wasn't dealing well with it. What bothered me most was not knowing the truth. I had and have a strong relationship with my mum. Over a year went by and I constantly would have dreams that were full of sorrow involving her. I would see her and instantly be sobbing and we would try to speak to one another and the words always sounding like a blurred version of actual words.
I didn't see the man she was with, whom seemed so un-genuine to me for that whole year. Until I ran into him at the market. When he saw me he burst into tears hugging me in a very uncomfortable way. This was weird to me.

A little later, a random day my two best friends (who actually lived across the hall from me) decided to get an Ouija board. I didn't really believe in those sorts of things at the time. As they played it as a game they tried to get me into it and I pretty much laughed it off as I thought they were pretending, talking to random spirits saying odd things. I became a little curious and ask them to ask it something I knew they would not know about me. It answered correct! It kinda flipped me out a little I should say..

So I gave it a try, I sat down thinking I was going to be speaking with the random spirits my friends had been naming. Instantly, when my hand touched the planchette it started flying around like my friends or me had not witnessed. We took our hands away as it scared us.. We waited a minute and tried as it did the same again. It began spelling with such quickness " I love you so" saying my name over and over "I love you so".. R** pushed me R** pushed me it said it over and over.
I asked, what is your name and spelled out my mothers full name.. My best friend and I, balling with tears were not expecting anything like this. You could feel the energy so strong, she was right there, filling the room with love and truth. I even asked why! why did he do this? Explaining with quickness and in depth about what they were arguing about I read each word with hunger for the next. I cannot put into words what I felt that night. I stopped having those such sad dreams, which seemed to consume me. My life changed forever after that, I starting seeing things, lovely magic things. I no longer fear that there is nothing after death of this physical body. Me thinks, love, only that I feel shine every moment. My mother made sure to show me that, in many ways and take care of me even from the other side.
thank u for reading love and blessing to all of you
Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceykat
I once heard from a relative I didn't know I had, at least not by that name.

I was staying up late one night, working on a project. I didn't feel good physically, I had a sore throat and was achy, but my creativity was flowing and I just - couldn't - stop.

Then I heard a thought "Go to the kitchen and get some Vitamin C." I ignored it. I heard it again a few minutes later, but brushed it off again. The third time, it was a bit louder, more firm and amused "Now, listen to your Auntie. Go to the kitchen, and get some Vitamin C!"

This startled me now into awareness. I looked up at the air. "I don't have an Auntie!," I said out loud, arguing. My dad's sister never had kids and my moms an only child, so I hadn't a clue who was claiming to be my aunt. And I clearly heard the sweet rebuttal in my head "Yes you do. Aunty Birdie."

Yeah, I went and I got the Vitamin C at that, and probably went to bed not too much longer.

A few days later, I asked my Mom if I had had an "Aunty Bird". She replied, "Oh you mean Auntie Birdie" supplying the last syllable I had forgotten. "That was your grandmother's sister M****. She used to call you and your brother on the phone, and whistle like a robin for you." She died forty years ago and I don't think I ever actually met her, since she lived on the other side of USA.

And get this: she was a nurse. I don't know why she decided to drop in and say hi to me that particular night, expressing her concern for my health, but I love it that she did.

That is just amazing and beautiful!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM
JazzJazz

It's amazing reading all of these experiences :) They must bring great comfort. Thank you so much for sharing these personal experiences! I mentioned my uncle in a previous post who died when I was 12. 8 years later, I still remember everything about him so he really made a lasting impact on my life so it is always a great comfort when he contacts me.

A few months after he died, it was my 13th birthday and because he was usually there for all my birthdays, I was very upset that day. That evening, everytime I walked past the bathroom, the light would flick on and then off again when I had passed. This happened a few times and I believe this was him letting me know he was still there :)

I've had two dream visitations off him too. I know some people might say it was just me thinking about him the day preceding my sleep but these dreams were so vivid and I can still remember them to this day. The night after he had died, I dreamed I was in his car with him and we were just driving around like we used to and he was saying goodbye to me. I found this comforting because his death was very sudden and he didn't get chance to say goodbye to anyone.

The second dream was a few years later. I was in a school production and when I looked down at the audience, my uncle and my grandad (who was his brother) were sat next to one another. This is really significant because they had fallen out a few years before he had died and did not get to resolve their differences. When I went down to see them, they said that they had forgiven each other now and then my uncle went on to ask how my life was going and we had a chat. This dream was so vivid and real and I really feel like it was my uncle telling me not to worry or feel guilt over their argument (which had been over me) because they had forgiven each other.

Thank you for reading this and please keep sharing your own stories :)
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Newbie ;)

I can think of two instances of this off the top of my head.

1) My second semester of junior year of college I was struggling with a terrible bout of depression. I fell behind in all of my classes and had to drop out of two of them. A couple months after the semester ended, I had a dream that the grade in one of the classes I had dropped had been changed to a B+ and thought to myself that I'd better e-mail the professor and let him know. Then I woke up to an e-mail informing me that the professor of that class had passed away a few days prior.

2) A girl I vaguely knew from college was taken out by a falling tree during Hurricane Sandy. I asked her for a sign. About 5 minutes later, I was having a conversation with my friend on Facebook chat about how to face your self-destructive tendencies, and he used the analogy of looking at a tree. Then he said, "You don't claim that the tree is attacking you and run away from it in terror."
Old 28-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Seeker

after death communication

My grandmother passed away in 1999. A few years later I asked her to visit me and give me a sign. Two days later I was on the phone with my aunt and she was talking about my little cousin having more toys then she had growing up and I heard my grandmother over the phone say, "I tried to give you the best of everything with what I had and you turned out alright!"

My aunt didn't hear her, but I heard her like we were on a three-way call.

A day after my stepdad passed from lung cancer (in 2006), my mother asked me if I had seen him since he crossed over. She knew of my experiences with spirit. He kept showing me his watch all day and I told her. She told me she wasn't doing well, healthwise.

My mom passed away 4 months later of a broken heart. She visited me the morning after her funeral. I saw her standing in the doorway of the bedroom and we had a brief conversation and she was gone. She revisited me 2 months later in a dream.

I am greatly appreciative of each encounter!
Old 31-12-2012, 09:24 PM
coolchic101

It is nice to know someone has started this thread. Thank you everyone for posting your experiences. I enjoyed reading them. It brings great comfort. I hope more people will share their stories. My grandma passed away recently and she has been sending me beautiful signs, messages, guidance and love. When she was alive, she believed in life after death communication so it is easy for her to communicate with me and my son and I talked about it during her eulogy. When I'm up to par, I'll also be posting my experience as well. :-)
Old 31-12-2012, 09:54 PM
AmberFire

What beautiful experiences posted here....

.... My father died of cancer when I was seventeen and a senior in high school.... by this point I already knew I could feel things and knew things before they happened or knew things about stuff that maybe I shouldn't...

..... after he passed and still to this day that will be 17 years come 2013 ... my Dad comes to me in my dreams... we have full on conversations and talk about things to do with family matters that might be going to happen ... is happening.... or maybe even something that I know nothing about at that time but still yet talk with him about that then comes true in the future... I have these dreams often even if it's just my Dad checking up on me... and the funny thing is my Husband that never got to meet my Dad has had a dream were her came to him and talked with him... it scared my Husband sooo bad.. but really tickled me to know that my Daddy could still put the scare in him when it comes to his little girl even if he isn't here anymore...

With my Older Brother it's a totally different story... He had always said that he would die at an early age from something that couldn't be helped... I would have never thought what he was saying would happen until they call me one evening going on 3 years ago and wouldn't tell me anything about him other then I need to go to my Moms cause he had been in a really bad car wreck... I knew right then and there that he was gone... I have another Sister and Brother that just in these past 3 years have gotten close to... but before all this he was my best friend ... the brother that was there to help his little sister with anything she would need... we could just set and talk for hours on end about nothing and have the best time doing it.... we loved to cook and eat and laugh and sing and be just who we are........ nothing more... we didn't need anything more then that... it was the perfect brother sister relationship ....

.... Within the week after his death I was still crying myself to sleep every night and as soon as I would wake in the morning the tears would return because I knew I wouldn't be seeing him or talking to him that day.... when that one morning I hadn't even opened my eyes yet when I heard his voice saying my name...... he called to me 3 or 4 times before I realized what I was hearing..... I didn't open my eyes but all I said was ... "Bubby" and just as if he was in the room with me he told me He loved me and that was that.... gone.... the only other time I've heard from him was through a message on my cell phone.... I haven't told many people about this because I would not know what they would think... but the message said it was him and he gave his name... but it sounded like he was miles away and I could hardly hear him... but He said that he guessed I was working on my house... " Which was being built when he passed" and that he just want to say hello and that he missed me and my Husband and he hoped to talk with me soon..... and that he loved me..... I have seen this on some talk shows and wondered how real some of these peoples stories were.... about the message on cell phones and answering machines... and then it happened to me... with no number left or any way of finding out were it came from... just so strange and heart warming at the same time.... other then that when I can get in my jeep to go somewhere I can always asked for the Divine to send protection to me and it never fails for his and mine favorite band we shared to always come on the radio... and just like others to say they can change the channel and even more music from that band to come on... it's just letting me know he's with me protecting me.... and so thankful for that each and every time it happens which is often....
Old 31-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Deactivated Account
My son was born just a few weeks before my ex husband's Grandad passed over. Everyone said that his Grandad was very fond of me. Sadly he was very ill with stomach cancer in the last few weeks of his life and had become mentally confused so he did not understand who my son was and kept needing to be told why there was a baby in the room. He died shortly after I had visited and fed my baby in the lounge where he was in a coma. It might sound odd but it was very peaceful to be there with him.

Anyway, a few days after his death I was in my flat and my son was asleep in his cot. The cot had high bars all around and a musical mobile attached to one side. My son always slept with a dummy (pacifier) at the time, and it was always either in his mouth or somewhere in the cot near him. But on this occasion I walked in and found the dummy sitting on top of the mobile in my full view! There was no way my tiny son could have thrown the dummy up there at his young age. He couldn't even sit up. Even if he had been able to chuck the dummy in the air (which is completely implausible) it would have been a chance in a million to land right on top of the mobile which was much higher than him.

I believe my ex's Grandad had come to say goodbye and that was his way of indicating his presence. Two days later it happened again. That was it, no more.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
coolchic101

Someone started a thread called "Send a Postcard to Heaven":
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=44882

If you want to write to your loved ones on the Other Side, feel free to do so. It can bring lots of healing, peace, and comfort. :-)
Old 24-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Pinkroses

Bumping this thread up for new members. :)