Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 26-06-2011, 02:09 AM
Knower

Have you tried organic apple cider vinegar...such as Bragg's. They also publish a book which talks about acid reflux among many other things.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:40 AM
Neth Rana

I haven't actually, though I have heard of that. I always wondered if it really works or not!
Old 26-06-2011, 03:33 AM
iolite

Neth..

In the meantime, along with the acid reducers, try some cayenne pepper. The very spice you've probably got in your cabinet. Take a bit, 'bout 1/4 tsp and put it in a swallow of water and knock it back. It'll put the fire out in your esophagus and stomach and ease the pain. Whenever I get reflux, I'll take some cayenne powder that way and it takes the burn away. Granted you'll feel the heat of the cayenne pepper as you swallow it, but it doesn't last more than 30 secs to a minute.
Old 26-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Neth Rana

Oh, I've never heard of that. Ok, the next time it's acting up I'll def try it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 26-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Racer X

Been there .................cured that~

First, if not done yet: eliminate refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup,red meat, refined foods and flour, tobacco, alcohol, artificial ingredients.

Second, if not done yet: replace all sweeteners with honey/stevia, If you eat meat replace with Salmon, eat only whole natural foods, organic fruits and vegetables as much as possible.

Third, and you did not do everything~! Castor Oil Packs- "Castor Oil: The Oil That Heals" by Garvey M.D?? Today.......right NOW and for every day thereafter: Green Tea sweetned with stevia and mix in 4 broken open capsules of Slippery Elm Bark and drink throughout the day up too 10 cups.
Eliminate dairy products and get a food allergy test done~! Take a Goldenseal supplement for 40 days then stop for 2 weeks and repeat as long as needed.

You have too change your body from acid PH to alkaline PH, do the above and you are 90% of the way there.....the other 10% is simple modifications for YOU and your body type.

Exercise Daily~! Walking.......Pilates, Yoga, Tia Chi

You may go through a healing crisis as the bad(acidic) bacteria die off, do not be alarmed by a couple days of this.

No Nsaids~! Use White Willow Bark Extract for pain.
Calming herbs: Chamomile, Mint, Cat-Mint, Feverfew, Valerian Root, Lemon Balm. Take a high quality whole food multivitamin w/minerals and 10,000 IU of D3 daily.

Give thanks as you eat, drink, and learn to re-think or Un-think, meditate~

You will heal this.....

Old 26-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Pace

Actually, mint and peppermint can cause acid reflux as it tends to relax that valve separating the stomache from the esophagus.

Something else that helps me control my acid reflux is eating an apple or drinking a good unfiltered apple juice after meals.
Old 26-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Pace

Actually, mint and peppermint can cause acid reflux as it tends to relax that valve separating the stomache from the esophagus.

Something else that helps me control my acid reflux is eating an apple or drinking a good unfiltered apple juice after meals.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Master
Apple cider vinegar has helped my husband for reflux, however he doesn't get it as badly as you seem to get it.
Spiritlite
Old 26-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Experiencer
Neth Rana, acid means anger. What's the cause of it, what makes you angry? - That's something you can think about.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 26-06-2011, 05:11 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neth Rana
Oh, I've never heard of that. Ok, the next time it's acting up I'll def try it. Thanks for the suggestion!

It's supposed to be a gulp of water, not a swallow.