Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 11-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Administrator
It is different for me I was born with my gifts and I became aware of my guide from an early age.but then I was so young I didn't realise what a guide did.my brother died as I was about to be born.i nearly died because the contractions stopped and my mother carried me for an extra month.
I grew up seeing a little boy I used to speak to him,
my grandmother told me who he was. because I was so open to spirit I used to see my guide often.
even now I don't need to meditate to see him.he is always around me.he used to guide me through my spiritual path.and he still does.
I know his energy and I can feel him around me.

Namaste
Old 13-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey
I think so many get caught up in what their guides look like or who they were, does it really matter? I dont say that to be cynical but in the grand scheme, they're there to help you and guide you so I think sensing them and feeling them at times is more reassuring-at least for me.

I got caught up so many times in trying to identify mine that I lost perspective and finally just gave in to the feeling of when they are near me. Now I can tell when they are around or are trying to get me to pay attention to something important by sensation. It's helpful without focusing on too much detail.

When I gave up trying to place an identity, I believe thats when things really started to open and flow easier for me. What about you?

I think for me it's a mix.

The animal nerd in me -- the one who studied zoology, volunteered in a wildlife rehab, grew up on nature documentaries, writes educational animal articles, and so on -- wants to drill down to find the species of a guide (and every other animal that grabs my attention).

My inner nerd loves to find meaning in both detail and the overall picture.

But during the times when I'm feeling the guides, it's just lovely to enjoy their presence and not consider that sort of thing much.

One thing common to all my guides is that they all feel good and meaningful to be near.

Even in my last guide meditation, when I encountered a new guide in a black widow spider, she felt wonderful to be close to -- though that's not quite the reaction I had when I saw one as a kid. More like fascination and wariness, then.

But whether I sense a guide in meditation or out of it, I just analyze where it feels intuitively like I should. If it feels like there's a message there that I didn't get yet, I look for it.

I tend to think we want to know something because it could help us in some way to know.