Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-01-2019, 05:10 PM
Knower

What will happen to the materialistic non-believers?

Hey,

What do you think will happen after death to the materialistic people (convinced non-believers) that were narrow-minded, skeptic and ignorant all their life and neglected and denied the existence of the spirit and the afterlife? (claiming death being the ultimate end, that there is nothing beyond death, because they did not remember before being born and that the spirit concept was invented by humans, or that NDE are brain hallucinations)

Will it be their spirit that will judge them after their physical death? Does the person get to be punished?

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 29-01-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 29-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Hello

I feel that no matter your train of thoughts in life they are not taken with you in death. The passing is the change from physical to energy in being. In energy none of the confines of the body come with you. Nor do that emotions that that seem to rule our lives.

As a Medium I have one event that stands out for me. I was doing Platform work where you are on stage with a random audience hoping you choose them with a message. Often there are skeptics in that audience, or true non believers. The job is not to convince but to relay messages.

There was a woman in the audience that so wanted to know that her speptical Father had made his crossing. She had been to so many Mediums that would all say he was fine and give information that so was NOT what her Father would relay.

He came to me for a brief instant, said to me "You are not real, I do not believe in you, yet I can see you and you can see me, you do the work of the Devil" and was gone.

I went to the woman with the message and she started to cry saying finally that is what my Father would say.....and she knew he was safely over.

He never believed that we lived on in some form, he never believed in Medium's or the dead being able to speak. Death was the end the body died and that was that. Yet he came to me was drawn to relay a message. I feel to give his Daughter that closure she needed.

I do not feel we are judged more that we do have work for the Soul to do, in clearing the path of Karmic Debts.

Lynn
Old 29-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Hey,

What do you think will happen after death to the materialistic people (convinced non-believers) that were narrow-minded, skeptic and ignorant all their life and neglected and denied the existence of the spirit and the afterlife? (claiming death being the ultimate end, that there is nothing beyond death, because they did not remember before being born and that the spirit concept was invented by humans, or that NDE are brain hallucinations)

Will it be their spirit that will judge them after their physical death?

Life reviews are interesting, especially in the body, aware and when your very much alive.

When you merge deeper into your being/truth beyond mind, everything can fall away into clarity, bringing you a deeper feeling of peace. I’ve had a glimpse of peace beyond the veil prior to letting go, everything melts away, everything ends where peace is not. There is no judge.
Old 29-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Hey,

Will it be their spirit that will judge them after their physical death? Does the person get to be punished?

Accounts of the after-death state vary, but the possibilities include:
  1. The materialistic person who has denied the existence of an afterlife realises that the physical body has died and they are surprised to find they still exist. They may naturally proceed to the astral planes or they may hover around the physical plane, unsure of what to do next. Eventually they may accept guidance and leave the physical plane behind.
  2. The materialistic person who has denied the existence of an afterlife denies the possibility that they have died because as far as they are concerned they are very much alive. They hang around the physical plane wondering why family and friends ignore them. In effect they are earthbound.
  3. The materialistic person who has denied the existence of an afterlife becomes unconscious after death because their belief that they will cease to exist is so strong.
There are no accounts of being judged by spirit and being punished for having materialistic beliefs. There are many accounts of encountering our own Higher Self which offers us a review of our lives, where we can see all that we have done and how these things have affected others. The Higher Self is described as being deeply loving and compassionate. The harshest judgement comes from ourselves as we review our actions, because no doubt we have all said and done things which will make us cringe.

Peace.
Old 29-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Pathfinder

In everything I've read, i chose to believe this: that everyone who can understand the choice is given the choice. I would think it's rare that someone in the modern world wouldn't understand the choice. That doesn't mean they don't choose to stay Earthbound or blink out of existence. Though I personally don't believe Earthbound is a thing, I think eventually everyone who doesn't choose to blink out of existence (remain unconscious or simply join the energy circuits) will find their way sooner or later. Time is pretty irrelevant after you die i'd think.
Old 30-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Hey,

You are assuming that the existence of consciousness after bodily demise has something to do with a right way of living, with God, or with morals or with beliefs. Apart from the 'free will' that is so often promoted as being some sort of divine freedom which allows us to be generous in our ways you also assume that not believing in something, a 'something' which is in no way apparent can have repercussions leading so far as to be punished!!

Just as an aside: do you really think that a life of say three score years and ten is sufficient on which to base an existence into eternity?

I suggest that the continued existence of consciousness after physical death is a natural and universal law. The cosmic intelligence which created this place we are in isn't the slightest bit interested in what you believe, whether you are a Baptist or eat pork.

Mankind's need to invent the scenery around our existence has really squashed us into a corner.
Old 30-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Hey,

The same thing will happen to them that happens to "spiritual" people: they will shed their bodies, merge back into the greater parts of their souls that are their higher selves, and re-emerge to take on other bodies, so they can experience a different set of limitations.

If the challenge the soul agreed to in a given lifetime was for their avatar to awaken, or at least to develop some sort of connection to its source, and it didn't, the soul will understand why when it reviews the completed experience. When it chooses another avatar and picks up that particular challenge again, it will do so with a clearer understanding of its own blindness, and how powerful the illusion of material reality, and of separation, is when embodied.

Of course, this is assuming that the soul didn't come here specifically to have the experience of profound disconnection from itself and its source, which is an experience it can only have within the limitations of a physical body. What is it like to be cut off from one's true nature, and to completely deny your own existence? How do you find peace, connect with others, and create meaning in a reality where you, and everyone you love, are nothing more than sentient hunks of meat who will soon cease to exist?

What insights could the soul take from that experience of total disconnection that would be useful to it, and would assist in its development? It sounds like an interesting challenge, and something worth trying, at least to me.

There is no punishment for the materialists, any more than there is punishment when you play a game and get "killed" before succeeding at the game's objective. You don't beat yourself up; you recognize mistakes you made and difficulties you didn't anticipate, and go back to try it again, this time with better knowledge of how to navigate that particular level of the game. Get "killed" again, and you go back for another round, over and over, until you finally master that level of the game and not only survive every round, but pick up all the treasures lying around for you to claim.

Once you've mastered that level, you're then ready to move on to the next level, with even more complicated challenges. But the soul has--literally--all the time in the world to keep playing round after round of the game, both to experience limitation in countless forms, and to eventually master the game so thoroughly it has no need or desire to play it any more. Why would it, as an immortal consciousness playing one fleeting round of a game, need to be punished for not "winning" a particular round? It makes no sense. Just move on to the next round!
Old 30-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Accounts of the after-death state vary, but the possibilities include:
[list=1][*]The materialistic person who has denied the existence of an afterlife realises that the physical body has died and they are surprised to find they still exist. They may naturally proceed to the astral planes or they may hover around the physical plane, unsure of what to do next. Eventually they may accept guidance and leave the physical plane behind.[*]The materialistic person who has denied the existence of an afterlife denies the possibility that they have died because as far as they are concerned they are very much alive. They hang around the physical plane wondering why family and friends ignore them. In effect they are earthbound.[*]The materialistic person who has denied the existence of an afterlife becomes unconscious after death because their belief that they will cease to exist is so strong.[/LIST]
There are no accounts of being judged by spirit and being punished for having materialistic beliefs. There are many accounts of encountering our own Higher Self which offers us a review of our lives, where we can see all that we have done and how these things have affected others. The Higher Self is described as being deeply loving and compassionate. The harshest judgement comes from ourselves as we review our actions, because no doubt we have all said and done things which will make us cringe.

Peace.
Number 3.

If a materialistic person who doesn't believe in an afterlife dies..If they believe they just become "worm food" and nothing more, that is exactly what is going to happen.
Old 31-01-2019, 12:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Hey,

I think it is irrelevant if one is materialistic or not, as well as if one is a believer or not. Actually most believes are incorrect.

Also, there is no judgment, and no punishment. We just keep practicing being creators; the speed doesn't matter; we have an eternity.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Number 3.

If a materialistic person who doesn't believe in an afterlife dies..If they believe they just become "worm food" and nothing more, that is exactly what is going to happen.

Hello,

How do you know this? Or is it just your belief? If the spirit is eternal, how can this even happen like turn into "nothing more" just based on a belief.

Your answer sort of contradict Lynn's answer (See below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
He came to me for a brief instant, said to me "You are not real, I do not believe in you, yet I can see you and you can see me, you do the work of the Devil" and was gone.

I went to the woman with the message and she started to cry saying finally that is what my Father would say.....and she knew he was safely over.

He never believed that we lived on in some form, he never believed in Medium's or the dead being able to speak. Death was the end the body died and that was that. Yet he came to me was drawn to relay a message. I feel to give his Daughter that closure she needed.