Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-11-2018, 02:57 AM
Ascender
Very interesting responses...

Majority seems to saying... We, humans created GOD or GODs to our image to suit our human needs. Hm...
So, this becomes chicken and egg debate.

Last edited by Ziusudra : 22-11-2018 at 04:38 AM.
Old 22-11-2018, 03:03 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

I interpret the question as simply asking why is there a Supreme Being at all?

Peace.

Yes, that is the core of the question.

Does the GOD ask itself this very question?
Old 22-11-2018, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra

Majority seems to saying... We, humans created GOD or GODs to our image to suite our human needs. Hm...
So, we shall indulge in the "chicken vs egg" dichotomy.

When we speak of God, we are speaking about pure, unfiltered, direct perception.

We did not "create God" but what we are creating, is the concept OF God and there is a big difference there.

Human perception creates labels and the concept of linear time and in such regards (and it has been scientifically proven), both chicken and egg existed simultaneously.

It is also an existential paradox, based on a purely intellectual synopsis, but what's not to say that God is existent and non existent simultaneously? More along the lines of Schroedinger's Cat?

I could go into Hindu philosophy and discuss the nature of Purusha and Prakriti, but I will spare you that....instead, I will quote Aldous Huxley..

https://goo.gl/images/TLVtWQ
Old 22-11-2018, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:

Majority seems to saying... We, humans created GOD or GODs to our image to suite our human needs. Hm...
So then "We, humans" are the GODs referred to.

I usually phrase the question in this way: Set aside for the moment what exists or if anything actually exists, how is it possible that anything can exist? Shouldn't 'nothing' have remained thus?

No answer here because clearly there is no way to boot strap the ceasing of nothing.

Note that I do not consider "it always existed" as a valid answer as it does not answer how it is possible.
Old 22-11-2018, 04:56 AM
Master
This is going to be very difficult for me to articulate so as to be understood.

I don't have any personal issue with the realisation that "God has always been" in much the same way as what existed before the Big Bang in order to bring the whole universe into being? How is that even possible?

According to Quantum Physics, there is no such thing as "nothing":

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/bigt...05311.amp.html

...and even if there were such a thing as "nothing" it would need to be contrasted with "something" to make "nothing" and "something" even possible...wherein lies the whole duality of existence.

Even the term "non dual" requires what is "dual" for the whole distinction to be made, which is dual in and of itself.

Suffice to say, the human mind is capable of infinite contortions and associations with "being"...even those who say "I am God" because there is always that little bit of "legroom" left for me to innocently ask "what is the 'you' that is 'God'?

It is also said that the whole of existence is God just looking in a mirror, trying to make sense of what it sees...and I can understand that, but my ego wonders why God would need a mirror to look at in the first place?

To get beyond any line of deductive reasoning, the mind and all thought must be totally dropped and this is just way too much of an ask for any rational human being who lives and exists within their own mental sphere of trying to "understand" what God is, because that's a fool's errand.
Old 22-11-2018, 06:06 AM
Master

Quote:

Majority seems to saying... We, humans created GOD or GODs to our image to suit our human needs. Hm...

I don't think there's any chicken or egg debate. The egg was first because the higher level spark happens in the egg, not in the chicken.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-11-2018, 06:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
So then "We, humans" are the GODs referred to.

I usually phrase the question in this way: Set aside for the moment what exists or if anything actually exists, how is it possible that anything can exist? Shouldn't 'nothing' have remained thus?

No answer here because clearly there is no way to boot strap the ceasing of nothing.

Note that I do not consider "it always existed" as a valid answer as it does not answer how it is possible.

You assume that "firstly" there was nothing ... Why? Because you can't conceive that something can't not have a beginning? In a non-dual realm you don't have to have both something and nothing ...

Who created God? Then, who created God's creator? ...

Let's just accept there are things that our minds can't fathom.

Let's find out the answers to smaller and more practical questions: Why are we, humans, here? What do we try to do? What am I supposed to do?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-11-2018, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You assume that "firstly" there was nothing ... Why? Because you can't conceive that something can't not have a beginning? In a non-dual realm you don't have to have both something and nothing ...
I definitely do not assume that first there was nothing. Doesn't really matter if there was a nothing first, the question is about how there is a something currently. How is that even possible for there to be a something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Let's just accept there are things that our minds can't fathom.

Let's find out the answers to smaller and more practical questions: Why are we, humans, here? What do we try to do? What am I supposed to do?
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours." - Richard Bach

Do not assume everyone on this forum is human.
Also do not assume that those who are human intend to stay human.
Growth is a thing that can be embraced and even realized.
Old 22-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes, that is the core of the question.

Does the GOD ask itself this very question?

Then why not ask that originally?

You don't seem to have God nailed down (pardon the pun Christians).

If we were to look at God as any of the things I listed - teacher, destroyer, father etc then those traits tell you the motivation, if we look at God as a natural force then it's essentially automatic.

Your either asking does the great creator ponder upon why they create or your asking does a natural force question its own motivations.

In scinario A its asking a creative mind why it needs to create.

In scinario B its asking the wind why it blows.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 22-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Do not assume everyone on this forum is human.
Quoted for sheer emphasis.