Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Experiencer

Angel1

To sacrifice one's life for the sake of loved ones is the best and spiritual "suicide".
Old 08-07-2018, 02:11 AM
Master
Life can be hard, I'm sure God knows that much... I do.

Suicide is like saying to God, thanks, but no thanks... not today.

The lessons are always given... so help me GOD

I'm sure most people on their death bed say sorry... The pain to carry on gets blurred.

I tried.. it.

I lived.
Old 18-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Seeker

I just finished reading this thread and found it very interesting
Old 25-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
To sacrifice one's life for the sake of loved ones is the best and spiritual "suicide".

@Alice_1

I've thought about that a lot. If the short term pain of suicide is eased by the long-term peace that comes from no longer having to cope with a badly broken person, then, yes, agreed.
Old 28-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Hello

This is the hardest of all tests I face as a Medium, when I have someone come to me that has lost a family member or friend to taking their own life. The feeling of a life lost or cut short before it unfolded fully. To many its seen as "Sin" and that they have done such a wrong.

I have to feel that when death comes, when we stop the beating of the heart, that we were called back home. That it was our time, that we knew we we were done. Now assisted suicide is maybe where the lines might be blurred a bit, as one is ill and suffering and wants that path to stop. Is this a breaking of the natural life course ? I have been in Hospice with those at life's end where the meds are upped do that a passing comes with more ease. Its speeding up the natural course of death and to some its the taking of life. In sitting there as the person moves on never have I felt a 'wait not ready' feeling more its a peace that comes over them.

One reading stays with me, where a family member felt so strongly that the death by one's own had of a family member so put a black mark on the family, so opened that door to Hell's Fires. This family member was mentally ill of age where there was little to no understandings of what was wrong or what to do other than sedate and lock one away. Sadly most times this was after harm was done. This family member was being told to "kill" his family by the voices in their head. Morally they knew this was wrong so they took their life to spare life. To spare the suffering that might have come from their hands. I relayed this message but still it was thought of a Sin and a black mark on the family. Yet they asked me to make contact.

I look to how we do not allow our family pet to suffer, we put them down when ill, yet as humans we suffer on.

Lynn
Old 28-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I look to how we do not allow our family pet to suffer, we put them down when ill, yet as humans we suffer on.

I agree totally with this. I never had a problem with Jack Kevorkian's humane methods, but he was persecuted and has since passed on himself, leaving no progress in at least the U.S.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Newbie ;)

None of us know for certain, I believe that we are not punished for any sins we made in our human form.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Guide

Wow....I loved everyone's posts today....I haven't really been reading too many posts here in awhile just dropping in and skimming for a minute or two. I have been going between two jobs, finishing up my two weeks at one, and taking classes for the new one.

I just want to say first to Linen....I don't have bipolar ( or maybe I do?? lol, I would probably be considered relatable and understandable, then) I guess I shouldn't have used that word to describe my emotional/ mental state after eating junk food and feeling terrible. I was trying to measure it with how I felt when I ate horrible, however I still stand by my original post that our diet is the foundation for many of these diagnosis.

Last edited by Colorado : 08-09-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Guide

I believe all of you...

I would like to stand up and say...I'm an old soul, and this is my last round here...but it's not, and I'm no older than the rest of you. You can't measure a souls age, but you can somewhat measure its maturity based on wisdom and experience. This is what I learned from you today...

Everyone of us will go through the same lessons in at least one of our lives, and while some of us will take similar routes, others will take detours.

If we were all to travel to Florida for vacation, many from my area would take the same interstate, others from different parts of the country would take other roads and interstates. People from different countries might might fly or take a boat...but we would all end up in Florida.

However, I'm not feeling the need for more heat and humidity at the moment....I'm ready for some snow. �� Anyone want to go to Colorado this winter for some skiing! ������

One thing is for sure, we would all take different routes to get there...and some of us might get lost in the mountains in a landslide (raising hand)

I want to thank you all for your posts, I'm going to read through them more extensively this weekend, I love to read...and I don't have to work. I really appreciate all sides, and all of your experiences...there's definitely more to learn and more knowledge to gain from others experiences, too... It's very similar, when you guys and gals write, to feeling someone on a soul level. Besides myself, I'm not sure I know too many people consciously on a soul level..but I can feel it with many open posters here, such as Linen, Starman, Michelle...and the rest of you who are so open and honest...and aren't afraid to bare their beliefs and experiences here....and essentially your souls.

It's very interesting and insightful...much like blowing the dust off beautiful, old, ancient books that have not been read in many centuries...and opening themselves up for you to personally read. Thank you all...when you think nobody is reading, or paying attention...they are. We are quiet ly reading your book. I can imagine this is what the Akashic records look like...each chapter of your stories, beautifully written in your own words and handwriting.xoxoxo Each of you have inspired me today, and this post* I can honestly say, thank you and I love you all, soulfully. God bless brothers and sisters*

Last edited by Colorado : 08-09-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Master
By committing suicide you may walk away from your problems hence problems aren't solved and you carry them with you to a temporary afterlife and/or immediately in the next incarnation. Your taking of life will lead to suffering and pain in others, pain that you will most likely have to heal again in the afterlife and/or the next incarnation. I realize there may be exceptions, like if you lost everyone. It is also trauma/shock and violence towards yourself, which as well requires healing. The person may be in great suffering/pain but the consequences to others should not be underestimated.. you can't walk away from responsibilities, sooner or later it comes back. I know it may suck to hear this but I think responsibility and facing one's problems are essential to spiritual growth..