Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 27-03-2017, 06:16 AM
Seeker

New to Crystals and Nightmares

Hi guys,

I'm new to crystals. Bought my first, which is an amethyst because it is said to help sleep and relax. I have been suffering from sleep disturbances (wake up for no reason around 3 or 4 am).

Ever since I put the stone under my pillow, I have been getting terrible nightmares and bouts of anxiety all through the night. I cleansed it with sea salt, sage stick and Tibetian singing bowl for 3 days. Still the same issue.

Any idea what is going on here? Please help.
Old 28-03-2017, 05:04 AM
Knower

It sounds to me like crystals are probably not the right solution for your sleep problem. They have their properties and their effects on us are what they are; they are not for everything. I can't sleep with crystals on me, I wouldnt even try under my pillow! There are many other remedies for sleep, including many teas, flower essences and essential oils, if you want to avoid the pharmacy.
I'd suggest that, while seeing what crystals can do for you during the daytime.
Old 28-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritofZoe
It sounds to me like crystals are probably not the right solution for your sleep problem. They have their properties and their effects on us are what they are; they are not for everything. I can't sleep with crystals on me, I wouldnt even try under my pillow! There are many other remedies for sleep, including many teas, flower essences and essential oils, if you want to avoid the pharmacy.
I'd suggest that, while seeing what crystals can do for you during the daytime.

I am starting to think the same. I tried a black tourmaline last night and felt like my soul was being sucked out of my body. I felt completely drained and tired. Even my limbs started hurting. The tourmaline went through the same cleansing process like the amethyst.

:(
Old 29-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Seeker

Why is this forum so slow
Old 16-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Seeker

You definitely have to be careful with crystals and sleep! I bought a purple charoite stone which is supposed to cure insomnia. I didn't actually have trouble sleeping but I bought it for its other attributes. Surprise surprise, it actually kept me awake and gave me nightmares! I still have the stone, but I'm quite wary of it now and I don't keep it in my bedroom. However, I do have some stones at my bedside, including amethyst (which is my go-to stone for everything), blue lace agate which I find quite soothing and protective, and selenite. Crystals affect people in different ways, so if you want one to help you sleep, try to find stones that seem soothing, both in colour and their effect on you, and see how you get on with them. And instead of sleeping with them on you or under your pillow, have them on your bedside table, or even just somewhere in your room. I hope you find something that suits!
Old 16-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Seeker

Also, I've heard that tourmaline can be quite aggressive, so perhaps not a good one for sleep!
Old 03-02-2019, 07:14 AM
Suspended
Seeker
ive had nightmare problems with other peoples amethyst it was terrible.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Meditate with them. One at a time, ask for permission and guidance for what you need. Cleansing is not enough. Have you been for some Reiki(Highly recommend it) or speak to Crystal healer. Maybe your Aura needs cleansed or the is something bothering you are unaware of. Shungite would maybe be a good Stone for you. You need Grounding and Soothing.
Old 15-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Suspended
Seeker
Wash your hands before eating FACT. this will prevent nightmares, also having a shwoer and clean clothes will help then make your crystal yours by dispelling other enrgys from it