Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Pathfinder

Another Dream, Reincarnation?

in my time on this forum Ive began to understand that dreams don't exactly mean what they appear to mean at the surface. still, trying to understand what they mean is difficult sometimes.

In a dream I've had in the past week, I was sort of reincarnated into a new person, as a child, and i was still surrounded by family that I already know now. for a moment they doubted that it was me, but as I began to describe in detail some of the childhood memories that I have as my current self they began to welcome me.

my best guess is that some aspect of my life may have refreshed, and they were attempting to make sure that i havent been replaced in that aspect by something negative?

if you have another idea please share it! thank you!
Old 23-12-2018, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
I would agree, you are changing as a person in ways others may not recognize. It may relate to finding your innocence since you were a child in the dream. This would suggest you are starting to have more compassion for yourself.

Is your family super close knit? Considering you had to prove you were part of the family maybe there is something in that condition that could contribute to feeling the need to conform or prove yourself as a way to be accepted? What I'm learning through my own self discovery is that as children we tend to overcompensate to appease our parents. This is a normal defense mechanism because as babies we are dependent on our parents for our survival. So if we have parents that are overly critical or absent it can cause some misguided ideas in a child's head about who they are and contribute to behaviors like being overly accommodating or conforming. I'm not saying that is the case with you but maybe just explore the aspect of the dream where you had to prove who you are and if it holds any significance in your life feeling like you have to prove yourself to others.
Old 23-12-2018, 12:43 PM
irisa

Hi Chak117,

while reading your dream a question comes up: are you maybe afraid that people don't recognize/see you (for who you are)? Or maybe even more: do you yourself have the feeling you don't 'fit in'...?

Just like in dreams, in real life people/situations etcetera can be used as mirrors. If a situation or person gives you a certain feeling or makes you react in a certain way you could try and find out what (in that situation or a persons behaviour) made you feel or react in that certain way.

In dreams: what is someone or something showing you? What feeling does he/she or it give you and why?

You could also try to place yourself in a thing/situation/person and act out what it did in your dream.

Like: I am a child. I am incarnated in a new person....Act from there...

Like in your dream about heaven and hell...You could try and say/write: I am hell...i am furious (?)...i am ????...people come to me when....

Just start writing anything that comes to your mind...don't try to think to much about it, just write....i think in that way you have a bigger chance to dig into your subconscious...

Most of the time things/persons in the dream represent something of you. It is good to know that 'it IS not you',...they are things which can be changed in/by oneself.

"but as I began to describe in detail some of the childhood memories that I have as my current self they began to welcome me."

To me this part could be about: as soon as you will find out who you really are (deep inside) this feeling of not fitting-in will disappear.

Good luck!
Old 23-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
I like what Irisa wrote. It may also tie into a desire in you to break past family traditions that keep your family miserable and not following their passions in life that I mentioned in your heaven/hell dream. Are you interested in pursuing a career outside what is expected of you from your family? If so you could have a fear of not fitting in anymore with your family like Irisa wrote. But it does sound like you will find acceptance at some point even if it is just acceptance of yourself for who you are and not who you thought you were.
Old 23-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I would agree, you are changing as a person in ways others may not recognize. It may relate to finding your innocence since you were a child in the dream. This would suggest you are starting to have more compassion for yourself.

Is your family super close knit? Considering you had to prove you were part of the family maybe there is something in that condition that could contribute to feeling the need to conform or prove yourself as a way to be accepted? What I'm learning through my own self discovery is that as children we tend to overcompensate to appease our parents. This is a normal defense mechanism because as babies we are dependent on our parents for our survival. So if we have parents that are overly critical or absent it can cause some misguided ideas in a child's head about who they are and contribute to behaviors like being overly accommodating or conforming. I'm not saying that is the case with you but maybe just explore the aspect of the dream where you had to prove who you are and if it holds any significance in your life feeling like you have to prove yourself to others.

over the years ive noticed some close-knit tendencies in my family but I was always excluded from these things and kept in the dark. and i mean that literally and figuratively.
It always seems like theres a layer under the surface that im barred from seeing and its been like that for decades
Old 24-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chak117
over the years ive noticed some close-knit tendencies in my family but I was always excluded from these things and kept in the dark. and i mean that literally and figuratively.
It always seems like theres a layer under the surface that im barred from seeing and its been like that for decades
if that is the case then the dream very well may have been trying to express your deep hurt of not feeling accepted. If you reinvent how you perceive yourself you may not need outside validation that you are loved and accepted. It can be hard to not take what family members do personally or to heart but how we are treated by others is a reflection of them not us. It sounds like you may be on the path to self acceptance and that is what matters most.