Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-12-2010, 04:22 AM
TomD

Question My best friend visited me...

Hello, Here's my story. Please take time to read it.

8 months ago my best friend 'Robyn' commited suicide at the age of 15 by jumping from a multistory carpark. I was 16 at the time. She was slightly more than a best friend. For the past 8 months I have been completely consumed in grieve. I hated the pain of missing her, not knowing she was okay. But tonight, I feel better after an extremely strong spiritual experience.

Let me just clear some things up about my beliefs; I dont believe in God, Jesus or anything religious. I started not to believe in life after death until tonight. I always thought; how come I loved her so much and she hasn't visited me or let me know she's okay?

So heres what happened:

I was really tired so I went to bed at 8:30pm. I woke up at 2:30am feeling wide awake. I went downstairs to get a cold drink and then came back up and lay in bed. Room was dark. I remember thinking ''Great, Im not going to sleep for ages now'' and still feeling wide awake.

At the time, I wans't even thinking of my friend Robyn, but some thoughts were pushed into my head. My eyes weren't even closed (I had just finnished the last of my drink). Thoughts were about her mum telling me that she's had encounters with Robyn, and really strong ones. I didn't control this thought.

Then, all of a sudden I felt completely consumed. A very bright flash then the sound of a ring. Like the sound of a camera. I couldn't control my body. I instantly knew it was Robyn, I started wimpering her name over and over again. Then, a few seconds after the flash I saw a distinct dark silloutte where I was looking in the corner of my room. She had glowing yellow eyes. My vision was blurred and I was seeing double, like when your crosseyed. It wasn't a dark experienced. I felt comforted by the presence and reassured. I came round, and sat up shaking. I looked at the photo on my shelf of her and it felt extremely alive. I turned a light on and walked downstairs to wake up my mum and talk to her about it.

What was this? Has it happened to anyone else? The flash...

Ive never had a ghostly experience but I let Robyn know previously that I wanted her to visit me. I didn't believe in any of that sort of thing.. I started to believe that when you die thats it. Your gone. Im 17, so Im not just a kid. I dont suffer from any mental illness's. No illness's infact..

Please can someone relate. Especially to the flash. I dont have to ask if it was my friend, im 100% sure it was. I could feel her.
Old 16-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Manda0922

It sounds to me like your friend was visiting you. I don't know why she would have yellow glowing eyes though. But it sounds like she did come to visit you to let you know she is still there will you and is ok.
My mom who will be gone for 7 years tomorrow only came to me in dreams...I have never felt her next to me or anything.
You KNOW she visited you because you can feel it inside of you so take it for what it was and be happy and proud that she loves you enough to come and visit you :-)
Old 16-12-2010, 04:45 AM
TomD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda0922
It sounds to me like your friend was visiting you. I don't know why she would have yellow glowing eyes though. But it sounds like she did come to visit you to let you know she is still there will you and is ok.
My mom who will be gone for 7 years tomorrow only came to me in dreams...I have never felt her next to me or anything.
You KNOW she visited you because you can feel it inside of you so take it for what it was and be happy and proud that she loves you enough to come and visit you :-)

Thank you. Sorry about your mom..

Im not 100% sure on the yellow glowing eyes, may have been something to do with the light. But maybe.. Its just what I saw.
Old 16-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Gauss

Hi there, looks like your third eye opened there.

Buddhism says that most people go somewhere else in the reincarnation cycle after death and it sure sounds likely.

Anyway, if you are interested in learning more about the meaning of life etc I recommend you read the book Zhuan Falun and learn the principle of Truth-Compassion-Forbearance, that is the highest law of the universe and if one is in line with that law one has a good future.

The book is all free:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html
Old 16-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Experiencer
Trust your feelings and the experience you had. You really had no doubts about what you felt and saw at the time and regardless of whether or not you hear from others that experienced things similar to you it was true for you. Many people have felt visitations from loved ones, I would count you as one now too! ;)

I really hope this experience helps you to feel better, I am certain that is what was intended.

Love and Light
Old 16-12-2010, 03:27 PM
TomD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss
Hi there, looks like your third eye opened there.

Buddhism says that most people go somewhere else in the reincarnation cycle after death and it sure sounds likely.

Anyway, if you are interested in learning more about the meaning of life etc I recommend you read the book Zhuan Falun and learn the principle of Truth-Compassion-Forbearance, that is the highest law of the universe and if one is in line with that law one has a good future.

The book is all free:

Not meaning to be rude but I wasn't looking for a response like this. Im not a buddist, therefore I don't care for the myths buddists make up. Sorry.

Thank you for any other replies. Appreciated.
Old 16-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Master
An experience of a spirit visiting is not a sign of third eye opening and it happens to lots of ordinary people. In fact, there are many books written about it you might want to look into, Tom, such as "True Stores of Messages from Beyond" by Julie Aydlott.

Xan