Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 12-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Tera's_Party

Are all those stories made up?

I am not asking this from a skeptical point of view. I just think all those thousands of people who talk about their vivid NDE's can't be lying. Maybe a few are but what about the unexplained healing, and seeing what was going on at the scene of their death. Do you believe NDE's are real or just our brains hallucinating? What are your thoughts on NDE's?
Old 12-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Master

I believe most of them are real . Most of the n.d.e.s are with in the persons belief system . They see Jesus , God , the tunnel of white light , loved ones . A very few might be just some one making money in writing a book .
Old 12-11-2013, 03:07 AM
simcau

I've never experienced a NDE myself, but my mother claims to have had one back when she gave birth and her heart stopped. She saw the white light in a tunnel type, with a voice talking to her. My mother has a strong aversion to lying (whether it's her or others) so I don't believe she was making up what she experienced. Whether or not it was just her brain hallucinating though, I wouldn't have a clue.

For most of my life I haven't believed in any kind of afterlife at all. My view was once you're dead that's it, you cease to exist. However, lately I've had some experiences that have forced to re-evaluate that position (which was why I sought out and registered for this site). I no longer know what to think about it.

There's a study that has been going on for 5 years now (AWARE study). In it, they've put images near the ceilings (face up) in rooms where patients are commonly being resuscitated. The thinking is that if these patients are floating above their bodies, they might see the image and be able to recall it - thus proving that they were, in fact, floating up there by the ceiling. There should be some results coming out for that soon, since early findings are supposed to be released fall 2013.

Whatever they are, I think they are absolutely real to the people experiencing them. Interesting to me is that NDE's aren't uniform across the board, and that people of different faiths (or even just who were exposed to a belief) can have different NDE's that reflect those beliefs.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:15 AM
Experiencer

Incase anyone didn't know the site nderf.org has loads of peoples NDE stories. I too think there are too many stories for every single one to be lies.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Tera's_Party

Thanks DR,

I suspect there is some of that going on as well, but not everyone wants to cash in or even talk much about it which must mean it was very personal experience. All the more reason I am fascinated by it

Hi Simcau

When my dad was dying he claimed to see family members around him who passed away standing in the room. I was totally blown by it. I heard about that study and more hospitals are doing it, but I would think that they would have to be looking for it.

Hi Stevo,

That's one of my favorite sites along with OBERF
Old 12-11-2013, 10:15 AM
livingkarma

I believe in NDEs as well as ADCs ...
My cousin had an NDE during childbirth ...
It appears it did not have an impact on her view of life; it continues to be wreckless & filled w/evil intentions towards others ...
For some, such experiences are of no value ...
Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Master
For some, such experiences are of no value ...
Very interesting and different perspective on these experiences livingkarma, another profound point that it doesn't matter what we receive, if were not at the place to accept it.
Thankyou for sharing that, I find it very balancing, and I hope your cousins life becomes peaceful when ready :)
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 12-11-2013, 11:47 AM
livingkarma

Thanks for that ...
I wish it would too! Especially now that she is in her mid 70s & actively dying ...
She's very angry about her life & with dying ...
The problem w/aging is we also lose our ability to maintain our mental defenses, thus all past mistakes that were not resolved escape their compartments to act as instant replays/constant reminders ...
Even though she has never been a nice person or could be trusted, its difficult to see the pain & torture on her face ...
I wonder if she'll repent anything ...
I hope she dies peacefully ...
Old 12-11-2013, 01:37 PM
simcau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera's_Party
Hi Simcau

When my dad was dying he claimed to see family members around him who passed away standing in the room. I was totally blown by it. I heard about that study and more hospitals are doing it, but I would think that they would have to be looking for it.
One of my grandfathers went through that as well. As he was in the hospital close to death he was speaking to his mother, who he was seeing standing next to him speaking back. Seeing this caused one of my uncles to begin believing in spirituality (he had been a non-spiritual atheist).
Old 12-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Master

There are a number of n.d.e. stories posted on you tube . My g.f. told me her mom saw loved ones during the weeks that she was dying . That aware study was done by Sam Parnia . We discussed this on astral pulse . He would put a sine above an operating room for any to see if they were having a n.d.e. My suggestion would be use a Babrbe , g.i. Joe , or gumby doll in a box .Something not normal in an operating room and it is easier to remember .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Parnia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumby
One of many Sam Parnia posts on astral pulse
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/we...-t43307.0.html