Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-02-2017, 07:24 AM
Experiencer
Actually some scientists are considering crystals to be a form of life. After all they do grow. One of the greatest scientists of all time was Nikola Tesla and he stated that crystals were living beings.
Old 22-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Knower
Jenel, the first thing you want to do is cleanse you crystals. Here is why. Crystals can sometimes collect energy form their environment and from people. So anywhere they have been, and anyone who has picked them up can leave some behind. When you get crystal you want to get rind of any negative energy they may have picked up, and to help attune them to you. Think of them like a tuning fork. The right not will resonate but the wrong note will make you want to cover your ears.

I saw a method for cleansing in the first post with salt in water. This works well. you can also use clean running water, and visualize anything negative washing away. A third way to do this is with sound. You can use chime, or a singing bowl. I also sometimes sing to my crystals when i want to cleanse them or charge them for a specific purpose.

After you have cleansed them you can try using them again. If you are using them at night and they still bother you, you might try a different method. You could try carrying them in your pocket or in a small pouch for a couple of hours each day. If that seems to be working ok you could extend the exposure. When you sleep your energy is a bit different, and you are more sensitive to other energy sources around you. This means that the effect of the crystals will be stronger, and there is a chance that they may be stirring up things that you are not ready for yet.
Old 22-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Pathfinder
I agree with others, it could be that they're bringing something to the surface but it could also be that there's still some bad energy in them.

I was recently gifted a box of crystals, they had a few previous owners and traveled to me across the world. I didn't have time to cleanse them so I left them in my study and went to sleep. It was the worst night since the times when I was dealing with a haunting a while ago.

Bad nightmares, very uneasy feeling for me and my partner, just generally not a fun night.
I cleansed them the next day really well, spent hours doing so. The bad energy, nightmares and uneasy feelings are gone:)

“We are neighbors in a modern world where proximity is relative and the threshold to our hearts moves outside time and space.”
Old 03-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Suspended
Seeker
I guess some amethyst is not meant to be slept with , many people have this problem, i have with amethyst real nightmare giver... maybe use a amethyst point? you dont know whos been handling these crystals.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Knower

I'm super sensitive in general. I will get disturbing nightmares if I'm a tad too hot when sleeping and I find lapis lazuli makes me light-headed when others tend to not notice a difference. I don't find any issues with sleeping with amethyst. I do sleep with selenite and I wonder if that pairing helps as it can cleanse and clear other crystals and negative energies.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Deffinately Cleanse them, and meditate with each one. Ask them for permission and guidance for what you need, rather than intent. You would be better starting small. Don't be surprised if some crystals don't want to work with you. They will when they feel it's time.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:37 AM
Experiencer
I can’t see how your crystals are causing you that kind of distress. I tend to think that something else is going on. Unless you have so much apprehension about working with crystals you are causing the bad dreams.

Crystals don’t perform voodoo or some kind of weird magic on people. They just give off different energies, just like a stream would give off with the pure cool water in it.

Is it possible your fears are causing you to attach some kind of weirdness to this?
Old 15-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Suspended
Seeker
Sometimes its not the crystal , try washing your hands more often especialy before you eat. bacteria causes nightmares
Old 15-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Suspended
Seeker
Sometimes its not the crystals , try washing your hands more often especialy before you eat. bacteria causes nightmares
Old 24-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I am really sorry you are going through this and, indeed, some crystals can trigger nightmares in drawing concerns and fears to the surface. I know what you mean by barely being able to function. Over the past week, I have tried sleeping with smoky quartz, then scolecite, and then rhodonite. I am now an emotional wreck and am now questioning a couple of important relationships in my life (and wonder if I should even be doing that).

Frankly, sometimes certain crystals are best in small doses for we more hypersensitive types who may also have an ailing emotional body due to inner child wounds and heaven knows what else! If you are going through a dark time (like I am currently), I also suspect that your energies may mesh somewhat catastrophically with those of a certain crystal (as in too much 'shadow stuff' coming to the surface too fast). Some have suggested cleansing your crystals. I always cleanse my crystals when I first get them and before I use them, but still I am suffering like this so I have to deem that it is the effects of the specific powers belonging to the stones I used. I should note that I sleep beside several other crystals apart from these all the time and without issue.

I hope you feel better soon and that the divorce goes smoothly. (((Hugs)))

Last edited by SierraNevadaStar : 25-02-2019 at 12:52 AM.