Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 30-10-2010, 12:10 PM
SamagthraV2

Any Advice?

Lately, i seem to be incapable of focusing enough that my body falls asleep with a conscious mind, and was wondering if there were any guides or techhniques for making it any easier? I mean i tried the same thing last night, just lying in bed relaxing, focusing on the ringing, and nothing really happened, no body paralysing, no losing my senses, and i just had a go at trying it once again, seems i can't manage to get to that state of receiving the vibes again :/

Any advice on what i should do?
Old 30-10-2010, 12:26 PM
abikisses

I'm finding the following works for me:
[/list]Lie on back, hands by the side[/list]Start counting backwards from 500 until I forget[/list]Keep extremely still. Ignore any itch or urge to roll over.

After the counting has left my mind, a heavy blanket feels like it has been placed over, this is referred to as partial paralysis.

From here I usually sleep for few minutes and wake but with eyes still closed (remember you are attempting to not move a muscle).

I have then caught myself in different situations:
1 either out of body
2 feel my spirit legs floating then finding myself out of body
3 Rushing in ears, extreme vibrations, heart beat thundering and blinding bright lights.

Now, I have yet to gain any control in my AP's, I continue to practice!

Good luck

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 30-10-2010, 12:31 PM
SamagthraV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abikisses
I'm finding the following works for me:[/list]Lie on back, hands by the side[/list]Start counting backwards from 500 until I forget[/list]Keep extremely still. Ignore any itch or urge to roll over.

After the counting has left my mind, a heavy blanket feels like it has been placed over, this is referred to as partial paralysis.

From here I usually sleep for few minutes and wake but with eyes still closed (remember you are attempting to not move a muscle).

I have then caught myself in different situations:
1 either out of body
2 feel my spirit legs floating then finding myself out of body
3 Rushing in ears, extreme vibrations, heart beat thundering and blinding bright lights.

Now, I have yet to gain any control in my AP's, I continue to practice!

Good luck

Blessings
Abikisses

Guess i can giv that method a try, see how it goes! Though may i ask, why 500? Is there a significance to this number?
Old 30-10-2010, 12:32 PM
SamagthraV2

for AbiKisses;

Also, when you say sleep, do you mean as in like a little daydream but wake up from it with eyes still closed? Because first time i layed in bed and managed to get body asleep with mind awake, i had a little dream about something that was on my mind, sort of like to pass the time, and when i got out of the dream, (sorta like a switch to turn it off mentally so i can come back to reality) i found myself completely paralysed, and vibes constantly going through me
Old 30-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Sangress

I find that a distraction from distraction and from over thinking and over analyzing sensations can be a lifesaver.

So, best thing I could come up with, than didn't involve physical movement, was music.

Pick any kind you like, (I prefer heavy metal) but don't play it so loud as to take all of your attention. Let it become a background sound and feel the vibe, hear it and manipulate it to rise and fall with the music if your bored with it.

When you feel the vibe slipping focus all your attention on the music, so you can be alert and awake, and memorizing some good tunes until the vibe comes back.

I've only had one problem with music so far and its the random thought of "I love this song!" snapping me back into my body or me being unable to move to change a song I dislike (which, by the way, is torture.)

A couple of other things is meditation before hand, not just sitting there, I'm talking deep trance meditation so that your mind dulls itself for a good 4 hours after it.

Also a good way to get the vibes going is to repeatedly (twice every second) send the message to your muscles to move, but cut the reaction at the last moment so you stay still.

This loosens up your non-physical muscles, so to speak, and charges your energy and when you get to the latter stages of it then your "muscles" do actually move....just not your physical ones. lol.

That's all the advice I have for you. I've always been able to slip out of my physical skin at will, so I never really had these problems unless someone else was manipulating me so I couldn't leave my body. *Glares at a certain spirit* . . . but that's an entirely different situation.

Last edited by Sangress : 30-10-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:01 PM
abikisses

No reason other than it was recommended. I've never gotten to 1! Yes more like day dream...
Old 30-10-2010, 05:55 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamagthraV2
for AbiKisses;

Also, when you say sleep, do you mean as in like a little daydream but wake up from it with eyes still closed? Because first time i layed in bed and managed to get body asleep with mind awake, i had a little dream about something that was on my mind, sort of like to pass the time, and when i got out of the dream, (sorta like a switch to turn it off mentally so i can come back to reality) i found myself completely paralysed, and vibes constantly going through me

I wonder if you experienced sleep paralysis? It is supposedly programed into our cells from long ago when our ancestors slept high in trees and was designed to prevent us from startling awake and moving before we'd fully gathered our senses, preventing our body from jerking out of its "nest" and plummeting to its death. I know I've experienced that sensation, and it is indeed quite disconcerting, but as I begin to panic about the fact that I can't get my body to respond to brain impulses and move, the panic itself pumps enough adrenaline to bring me to full consciousness, after which the paralysis disappears.

It's also possible what you experienced is something else alltogether. Right before one's astral form leaves the physical body, the physical body is paralyzed. As I understand it, this is to prevent injury to it whilst the consciousness is gone. Also, those who project consciously (i.e., while in a conscious, awake and aware state) do describe a strong vibrational frequency coursing through their body immediately beforehand. [Read Robert Monroe's Mind Trips Out Of The Body for more on this] I'm thinking you might possibly have been on the verge of leaving your body, and perhaps something interrupted the process before the actual launch.

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 30-10-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 05:58 PM
SamagthraV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I wonder if you experienced sleep paralysis? It is supposedly programed into our cells from long ago when our ancestors slept high in trees and was designed to prevent us from startling awake and moving before we'd fully gathered our senses, preventing our body from jerking out of its "nest" and plummeting to its death. I know I've experienced that sensation, and it is indeed quite disconcerting, but as I begin to panic about the fact that I can't get my body to respond to brain impulses and move, the panic itself pumps enough adrenaline to bring me to full consciousness, after which the paralysis disappears.

I wouldn't say i was panicking about not moving, just excited that i'm getting a step closer to learning how to AP..guess i need tolearn to control my emotions andjust not think too much on it next time i manage to get the body paralysis again, which would be soon hopefully!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:17 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
I wouldn't say i was panicking about not moving, just excited that i'm getting a step closer to learning how to AP..guess i need tolearn to control my emotions andjust not think too much on it next time i manage to get the body paralysis again, which would be soon hopefully!

Without any implied judgement may I ask why you feel the need to "try" and astral project? We all do... virtually nightly!... just not from a conscious waking state. That skill... the skill to do so consicously and by intent... is administered when the soul and mind of the person is ready and is a natural development. Can you not simply continue on your spiritual path and allow this ability (that of projecting astrally from a waking, conscious state) to develop naturally? Some times delay is designed by fate. In other words, launching something prematurely may not have the best results in terms of outcome. Just a thought.

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 01-11-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Lately, i seem to be incapable of focusing enough that my body falls asleep with a conscious mind, and was wondering if there were any guides or techhniques for making it any easier? I mean i tried the same thing last night, just lying in bed relaxing, focusing on the ringing, and nothing really happened, no body paralysing, no losing my senses, and i just had a go at trying it once again, seems i can't manage to get to that state of receiving the vibes again :/

Any advice on what i should do?

There's a lot to learn about astral projection... about finding techniques that work for you, about difficulties people sometimes have and how to overcome them, about the possibilities for out-of-body exploring, and so on.

You could look into it a little further with some of the resources mentioned in this thread: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3783

Xan