Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 28-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Pathfinder

How soul came into existence

Yesterday when i was thinking about WHY and HOW of this universe and mankind, i got a question in my mind.

How soul came into existence? I believe a human being is an incarnated soul which will allow it to sense the energy that is driving the universe.

My question is how and when soul came to existence in this universe? Also are there any categories for the soul like animal soul, material soul etc? Do plants also have soul?
Old 28-05-2012, 05:32 AM
CatChild

My thoughts are that everything that we are aware of on a conscious and unconscious level holds a soul, and the things we are not yet aware of holds soul as well. Everything energetic is part of soul imo.
Old 28-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Sybilline

Hi 123music,

I am also just learning, but I would like to think that everything, even material objects, have some degree of soul in them, I would like to think that it is defined by how conscious or aware they are of their being. Humans for example, I think we are more aware that we are alive, than, say, dogs, or plants, or rocks, but who knows maybe some things in nature (crystals, or water, maybe?) actually have consciousness, too.

At the end of the day we are all made up of the same things, scientifically speaking, the chemical components of humans don't differ much from the chemical components of my wris****ch, we are made up of atoms, energy, electrons, etc (I'm no physics expert lol). A dead body is also made of the same stuff as a living body. So this "soul" is probably the only difference.

About how the soul came into existence... Hmmm I think it just always was. I think God (and his many other names) wanted to experience being God, because, well He just knew He was God but there was nothing to experience it by, so He created something to help Him experience it... It's like knowing you are really really beautiful, but there is no mirror anywhere for you to see it. So you create one, except this mirror is, uh, you. Does that make sense? Sorry words are so difficult to use for these matters. :P
Old 28-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Ascender

I'd say there are universes extending outside of this one and that the soul, or spirit spark, originates from a place outside of any material creation.

I would also say animals have souls, but plants and trees, not the way we imagine them to.
Old 29-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Hi 123music,

I am also just learning, but I would like to think that everything, even material objects, have some degree of soul in them, I would like to think that it is defined by how conscious or aware they are of their being.

what do you mean by some degree of soul? Consiousness is the only charcteristic of soul or it is one out of many? Is there any theory or research done on this?
Old 29-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
what do you mean by some degree of soul? Consiousness is the only charcteristic of soul or it is one out of many? Is there any theory or research done on this?

Oh no no my dear. If you were looking for scientific facts then I am afraid I do not know any existing researches that I can clearly quote or link.

I do not think that Science has a firm ground on what a soul is although it is open to the idea, which is why there is research on after-death experiences which is different from near-death, because in after death the patient is dead, clinically, ie no pulse and no brain activity. Then they are revived and they say that they saw visions and all, which supposedly all occured after they died.

One story I once read in an issue of Psychology Today (i no longer have the issue but i can try to research online) is that a man was pronounced dead, and the nurse took his false teeth, and the man was somehow revived (i forgot how), and he asked the nurse to get his teeth back from where she had placed it, and indicated he did know where she placed it (I am sorry it is unclear).

As for conscsciousness, I think that Science has even less research about it. How do you know if the crab you see by the sea is actually conscious, how do you know it's not just moving and clamping its pincers because it is programmed by nature to do that? How about plants? How about rocks?

How do we even know if there is anything else behind the brain? Maybe the consciousness is the brain, maybe there is no "mind" behind it, maybe we're just a bunch of tissues and muscles and electronic signals. Seriously, what proof is there that there is a "consciousness", at least in a scientific point of view?

So everything I have told you, is the way I see it.

I will edit this, I will look for something for you...
Old 29-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Oh no no my dear. If you were looking for scientific facts then I am afraid I do not know any existing researches that I can clearly quote or link.
Sorry..even i am not looking for any scientific facts. I am looking for spiritual facts.

I am still thinking on the point you said that god might have created soul to experience being god.
Old 29-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Sybilline

I'll just post it here lol. I had a similar question...
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=32429

So based on Biology there are requirements before you can consider something "living" and to rephrase the ones I have in that question, they are:

Complex organization
Metabolism
Responsiveness
Growth
Reproduction
Evolution
Ecology

Notice that "Consciousness" is not amongst them, because this is something that cannot be proven by Science. I can tell you I am conscious but can I prove that to you? Likewise can I prove to you that a non-moving Sand Dollar is unconscious? I can't.

I took Biology in college and this is why it puzzles and interests me so much.

Problem is, I think, does Life = Soul?

For example, Virii. Scientists do not know if they are alive or not. It is an existing debate. Why? Because virii need hosts to reproduce, but not to survive. Most virii will remain dormant without a host, for a very, very very long time, and as soon as they find a host, they reproduce. They don't eat. So that means Metabolism and the need for energy is cancelled out. So... Are they living or non-living?

They don't even have cells, they just have either DNA, or RNA. That cancels out Complex Organization. What they do is copy their DNA into the host cell, then make that cell reproduce virii of that program. That's how they reproduce.

So based on that they seem to be a work of nature acting on their own, does that mean they have a soul or a consciousness? After all like other things much much bigger than them they are also acting as programmed right, without anything controlling them...

I am not sure if my views are "correct" but they make sense to me...
Old 29-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
Sorry..even i am not looking for any scientific facts. I am looking for spiritual facts.

I am still thinking on the point you said that god might have created soul to experience being god.

Oh! Sorry :) Hmmm I am not sure Spiritual "Facts" can be established, because then we will have to define what "fact" is... How about you dear what do you think? About the soul?
Old 29-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Problem is, I think, does Life = Soul?
When i am googling today, i found an intersting info about soul..It says
Laws + External Existence + Life + Consciousness =SOUL

where Laws are the set of rules framed in this universe.

How far we can trust this equation?