Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 07-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Autums_Moon

Taoism and myself.

I am taking up Taoism, but I'm finding myself struggling...it should be normal right? when the mind enters a new world it has yet to grasp it hesitates. God...I know and feel the kind of person i can be...so, why, seriously why do I subconsciously stop myself from taking the bigger steps?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:56 PM
amy green

Maybe you should start with smaller steps - Taoism is a gentle philosophy.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Stillness_Speaks

“Even a journey of thousand miles must begin with a single step.” Lao Tzu
Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

To realize Tao is to strip away the illusions of 'beliefs'.. the mind is conditioned to hold-on to many beliefs.. the beliefs are the prison that confines the mind and the experience of existence..

Be well..
Old 13-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Master
While I do enjoy the Tao, I realized that if I try to 'take it up' it won't fit. I can't strip away illusions of beliefs either... I can only try to remind myself things, or let it all flow as it would. I am not good at explaining myself, or my own personal way, but when I stop fussing and fidgeting and trying to be something, then it all has this natural flow to it. It just comes and it's beautiful and lovely and I sense within it's just right.

Don't try to force and don't try to be it, just allow it. It will come when it's time. You have to stop fussing over it though. At least for me, that's what I have to do...stop the fussing. lol
Old 13-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Master
The cultivation of Wu Wei is precisely the letting go of expectations and operating from a place of...synthesis between your disparate parts and that of the world, creating spontaneity in everything you do and everywhere you go.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 14-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiFool
The cultivation of Wu Wei is precisely the letting go of expectations and operating from a place of...synthesis between your disparate parts and that of the world, creating spontaneity in everything you do and everywhere you go.
IOW you cannot "take up Taoism", the phrase the OP used. Taoism is letting go of it, Taoism itself, even more so when one was never a Taoist to begin with.

Paradoxical? Yes it is.
Old 14-04-2012, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autums_Moon
I am taking up Taoism, but I'm finding myself struggling...it should be normal right? when the mind enters a new world it has yet to grasp it hesitates. God...I know and feel the kind of person i can be...

so, why, seriously why do I subconsciously stop myself from taking the bigger steps?

We've come a long way from normal in this world, Autumns Moon. So, returning to the natural way of being is a big change. And change like this... a new way of viewing life and of experiencing yourself... will inevitably bring up fear.

To take the Taoist way with whatever resistance and fear you observe in yourself... simply accept whatever you feel as just what's happening right now... and let it flow on. Then a new sense of freedom gradually develops in you.

I find that conscious breathing in my belly helps this allowing and letting go a great deal.

Xan

Old 16-04-2012, 04:37 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Tao.. the 'way'.. as in the 'way' things are.. Philosophical Taoism is a study of the natural relationships in Life, and the intention of harmonizing with those relationships..

Be well..
Old 19-04-2012, 12:26 AM
BodhiChan

Any and all "struggles" we have are based on the illusions and attachments we inherit as part of our human condition. The ultimate attachment is to our "human" self which is our ego. This is the ultimate illusion. This is what "dying to self" means. This is the most difficult thing to do in our human existence but must be accomplished in order to achieve True enlightenment.

Namaste,

Bodhi