Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 19-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Occultist

Book1 Witch not Wiccan

I am a Witch not a Wiccan I do not follow the Teachings of Gerald Gardner.
shouldnt there be a seperate thread for us?
Wiccans can be Witches but not all Witches are Wiccans. Just trying to clarify. Thank you.
Old 19-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Etu Malku

How would you define yourself as a Witch?
Old 19-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Medium_Laura

a witch practices magick but does not adhere to the Rede of Wicca.
Old 19-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Occultist

Wiccan VS Witch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
a witch practices magick but does not adhere to the Rede of Wicca.
<-- or the teachings of founder Gerald Gardner Exactly Medium Laura.
Witchcraft is the practice of magick, whereby the material world is altered through an application of will/cast/spell/hex/potion/Ritual etc, by the Witch.
Witchcraft is a magickal practice, but one that has no spiritual or religious connections. Wicca on the other hand, is a religion founded by Gerald Gardner and those who follow it are called Wiccans. Wiccan's can practise way of old cast etc, But not all Wiccan's do this.
Wiccans have a rede created by the founder Gerald Gardner Witches do not have a rede we practise intent and purpose/Karma if you will. There is a huge diff between us. Witches arent good or bad or any color of the rainbow either we are all because nature and humanity is all. I am good cause I am a good person not because I am a Good Witch.
But none the less 2 completely different entities.
Old 20-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Etu Malku

I practice Magick, but don't consider myself a witch.
True Witchcraft dates back to the Greco-Roman Cult of Hekate.
Old 20-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Occultist

yep correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
I practice Magick, but don't consider myself a witch.
True Witchcraft dates back to the Greco-Roman Cult of Hekate.
Cult is a strong word for a majority of people who dont believe in a Devil or a God like a Christian God. Dontcha think? I do rituals for Hecate and the Horned God Baphomet.
That is my choice as a human not as a Witch. If you think about it Christianity could be called a Cult also. But thank you for your insight and opinions. But I still say Witches should be seperated from Wiccans thats all.
Because there seperate beliefs. Not because one is better etc.
Old 20-11-2011, 01:24 AM
loumoon

it appears to me that you wish not to be part of the wicca practice as this to you represents a religion and you consider ytourself not religious in any matter or form. you practice magick in your own right and alone and you like to call yourself a witch. this is fine, you can be part of whichever you choose, there is no right and wrong and this is what the craft teaches us, we respect nature and the good of all, and whether or not someone chooses to practice their own type of magick as part of their own following or as part of a religion is fine. we are all following the same path, one of enlightenment and freedom. you need no approval for the path you seek, look within you and follow what makes you happy and you will find what you seek. be happy and go in peace, i wish you well friend
Old 20-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Occultist

I believe you mistaken what I mean or took it offensively. I am saying if you read up on it or google it even there is a huge difference between the 2 belief systems thats why my Suggestion was to make it 2 seperate threads? I am sure a Christian wouldnt want to be called a Satanist although there many similarities in the 2 beliefs. It was a suggestion no big deal thats all Blessings to you and yours dear friend and you go in peace as well.
Old 20-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Cult is a strong word for a majority of people who dont believe in a Devil or a God like a Christian God. Dontcha think?
He is using the word cult in it's proper term as a English form of the Latin cultus - which means offering worship to a deity that has a certain practice. For instance, the cult of Magna Mater was officially brought to Rome during the Punic Wars, when a prophecy foretold that Rome could only gain the advantage when Magna Mater was worshiped by the Empire (I am mostly recollecting it, I hope I have not twisted it too much ). By instating her cult, the Romans officiated her formal worship as a goddess of the Roman people, and thus gained her favors.
Old 20-11-2011, 03:20 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I believe you mistaken what I mean or took it offensively. I am saying if you read up on it or google it even there is a huge difference between the 2 belief systems thats why my Suggestion was to make it 2 seperate threads? I am sure a Christian wouldnt want to be called a Satanist although there many similarities in the 2 beliefs. It was a suggestion no big deal thats all Blessings to you and yours dear friend and you go in peace as well.
There are differences between Wicca and witchcraft, for certain. But witchcraft is not a religion. It's a magical practice. When you say "belief system" you're insinuating that witchcraft has a defining belief that is common to all self proclaimed witches; and as in the case of Wiccans insisting that all pagans follow the law of threefold return, it sorely misses the reality.

One can be an atheist witch, a Satanic witch, a Celtic polytheist witch, and countless others that have no connection between them besides the use of the word "witch".

I think that there's not enough "witches, but not Wiccans" around on the forum to constitute a separate subforum. But you're more than welcome to the pagan subforum.