Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 27-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Patrone

WOW !! Vey nicely done...now where can i get the sound tracks ?
Old 28-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Master
"Can you expand on that, Norseman? "

Amethyst, I recall a very heated argument some time back in SF with a sixteen year-old American girl about who was true wicca and who was not. She was adamant that only people in covens were wicca as they had "lineage". She and some of her friends had formed a coven, got the robes and ritual equipment, and learned the chants etc" To use her own words "worked their backsides off for a whole year to gain 1st level degree in wicca using internet sources as their inspiration.
Now I know that some do take wicca seriously but many do not and this is where the "fluffy bunny" originated in the wider pagan community, a cause for merriment, a joke !
Ms Julie's videos [all highly sexist !] present an image of witchcraft where everything is floaty silk gowns and sweetness and light. Whereas the dark side is ignored despite being an essential part of it.
I have never made any bones about it that I have little time for wicca and Gardner, so perhaps I am biased
Old 05-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Amethyst

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrone
WOW !! Vey nicely done...now where can i get the sound tracks ?

Hi Patrone

Welcome to SF – hope you enjoy the site.

Music credits at the end of the videos.

Blessings, Amethyst
Old 05-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Ms Julie's videos [all highly sexist !] present an image of witchcraft where everything is floaty silk gowns and sweetness and light. Whereas the dark side is ignored despite being an essential part of it.
I have never made any bones about it that I have little time for wicca and Gardner, so perhaps I am biased

Hi Norse

Thanks for your response.

“All highly sexist” – this is your opinion.

THE WITCH’S CRAFT – can you please explain how Julie openly videoing herself meditating in nature and practising her craft is sexist?

I see no intentions to offend anyone, though obviously witch is a genderless word and she has chosen in her own videos artistic images mostly female – there are more of that gender available for such means. Her choice, her videos and it’s your choice how you perceive this.

“All sweetness and light, dark side ignored” – again, this is your opinion.

This link was provided in post #9 – THE DARK SIDE OF THE WITCH – how is that avoiding?

“Little time for wicca & Gardner” - Ok, Norse. But where is wicca mentioned in Julie’s poetry? She’s as wiccan as you or I.

Blessings, Amethyst x

THE HEART OF THE WITCH

Poem by Ms Julie Carol

The practise of witchery
Is as old as time
To be a witch is to be chosen
A calling that is divine

The divine guides the heart of the witch
A power that comes from within
The witch nurtures this power
It is the center of being,
The center of all that is

White and Black witchery
The difference is very clear
Each is born from emotions within
One is love . . . One is fear

Why would a witch
With ancient wisdom of wise ways
Perform black magick
And acknowledge being afraid?

To know the power of the witch
Is to listen to the wind
To trust in the wisdom
As you breathe in

To dare to feel the power of the witch
Is to dare to let go of the hurt
To dare to heal with the passion of fire
Is to dare to heal the world

To will the power of the witch
The witch must master
A will that is unbreakable
A will that can move mountains

To keep silent the power of the witch
Is to not speak of magick casted
Magickal energy has more strength
Unbroken with a clear path

To keep silent the power of the witch
Secret knowledge for the witch to keep
Dreams, visions the heart of the witch
Is a well that runs very deep

The art of witchcraft
The art of ritual and spells
Is a place of magick and mystery
Where the heart of the witch dwells
Old 05-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Amethyst,

Thank you for that clarification. I appreciate it.

I have my own discussion thread about this subject.
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/foru...p?topic=1536.0

At this time in human history there is a great divide energetically. Few see this as appropriate and blessed. The process of evolution is long and artful. Yes it is artistic when you have an appreciation for dualistic natures and their purpose.

The central idea to consider is the concept of choice. We all have a choice. We can evolve from our conditioning with a shift towards love or stay in the fearfulness. Can we learn to love all the choices and those who make them. The creator god/goddess does, nature does, and so can we.

Blessings,
John

Hi John and blessings to you.

Thanks for the link with your discussion of Love & Fear – interesting read.

Agree that romantic/parental love is very different to spiritual love. That can come out of nowhere – it’s who we all are – in spirit. Defining this unconditional love with human words is a task for the human brain to compute. And unnecessary.

I agree that we can choose the way we feel. It’s very simple.

It’s not what happens but how we view and react to life’s challenges that matters.

There’s fear and love at each end of the spectrum and the many other emotions inbetween, each broadcasting a different vibration on the electromagnetic spectrum.

My son was violently attacked in the face with a glass bottle a few months ago and has had plastic surgery. A couple of weeks ago my 17-year-old stepson had masked intruders break into his home - his mum was beaten, his stepdad stabbed and this lovely, gentle boy received nine stab wounds.

Both boys would not be on this plane of existence had the wounds been slightly one way or another.

Do I view the people that committed these acts as ‘evil’? No, I don’t.

I choose to look at the bigger picture with compassion, acknowledging that spirit also look upon such acts – even ‘murder’ with compassion – not with judgement and they see WHY humans can behave the way they do.

If all were brought up in love instead of fear, well . . . wouldn’t a life on Earth be a different experience?!

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Blooms Bright

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed " The Life of a Witch". It explains perfectly, what I can not at times.

~As always, Bright Blessings
Old 17-11-2011, 07:17 AM
dragoonjohn

love your post. i envy you your compassion. the warlock in me feels that things must be set right.
Old 17-11-2011, 10:05 AM
mattie

YouTube Metaphysical Outreach

It’s nice to see these on YouTube as part of various types of spirituality being explored there. This is doing valuable outreach.
Old 20-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooms Bright
Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed " The Life of a Witch". It explains perfectly, what I can not at times.

~As always, Bright Blessings

Hi Blooms Bright

Glad you enjoyed. Human words can be inadequate to describe what is felt.

Amethyst x
Old 20-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonjohn
love your post. i envy you your compassion. the warlock in me feels that things must be set right.

Hi dragoonjohn

How do you define a warlock?

Amethyst x