Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 06-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Experiencer
Breatharianism

Hi! I am wondering does anyone here have an experience with breatharianism, and would you please be so kind to share it with us?
I feel very drawn to it, but I'm miles away from being capable of trying even anything similar to it. I've read things on the internet of course.
I haven't found a thread on this forum about it and I'm very interested if any sf member has a personal experience. I would very much appreciate details and techniques you used. Maybe just doing some of that would be very beneficial. Why did you do it, how did you prepare, how it felt and where it went to?
I'm not advising anyone to do it and it's not a thing to joke about. Just to be clear about it...
Thank you so much for your time. Blessings.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Master
Hi lilith. This topic came up a couple years back; it was the first I had heard of it. So I researched it a bit. I found an interesting video of a couple who practiced this. I incorporated one of the tips they offered into my own daily life. They mentioned slowly watering down fruit juice until they were drinking just water. I did the same to cut down on my fruit juice consumption. I now drink juice that's watered down with a liter of water. It's actually a great way to ensure one drinks lots of water each day, it's yummy. I eat very little now, but I do still eat vegetables and fruit. And I fast and cleanse several times a year. It's a facinating topic, as I have learned from my own experience how little the body actually needs as far as food goes. I probably eat 1/4 of what I used to eat years ago. The key for me though is drinking lots of water; I can't imagine any diet that would allow one to survive without drinking water.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Baile, I ate an entirely raw diet and stopped drinking water altogether, but did add a cup or so to a green smoothie I ate every day.
All the water I got was from the fruit, vegetables, and lettuces I ate and I was completely hydrated- I ate a high volume to be sure.

I could conceptually understand a breatharian diet from an intellectual standpoint, but I couldn't map out moving toward that from a raw food diet..
The high physical vibration that I was operating at was just this side of unbearably uncomfortable as it was. I didn't seek discipline that may have eased this phenomenon, but I imagine that it exists.

I ate a raw vegan diet for a year-and-a-half, and economic conditions made it unsustainable, but I would encourage anyone who has the means and desire to eat a revolutionary diet to give it a try.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Master
The results of really turning into a "breathatarian" and eating nothing are the same as those who go on a hunger strike in prison....they lose weight till they either DIE .....or start eating again!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 07-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen
I ate a raw vegan diet for a year-and-a-half, and economic conditions made it unsustainable, but I would encourage anyone who has the means and desire to eat a revolutionary diet to give it a try.
Hi Fremen. Wouldn't eating vegan be easier economically? I used to buy packaged organic soups, and now make my own. By making my own homemade soups, I save around 80% of what I used to spend. (Plus my soups are way more thick and hearty and filling.) I agree with your revolutionary diet comment, it really is a paradigm-changer. I for example would never have believed how much a simple glass of water can rejuvenate and fill one up, once the body becomes acclimated to eating just whole foods, and very little.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
The results of really turning into a "breathatarian" and eating nothing are the same as those who go on a hunger strike in prison....they lose weight till they either DIE .....or start eating again!
Hi Lucky. Tobi asked you in the Vegan thread to please not post if the topic was of no interest to you, and if all you had to add were negative responses. I'm going to ask you to please honor that request, otherwise I'll ask the mods to get involved here. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi Lucky. Tobi asked you in the Vegan thread to please not post if the topic was of no interest to you, and if all you had to add were negative responses. I'm going to ask you to please honor that request, otherwise I'll ask the mods to get involved here. Thanks.

For starters...this is NOT the vegan forum...which I try hard to stay out of....this is the health forum...something I'm quite interested in.

And my comment wasn't so much negative as it was a warning about the consequences of trying to survive on NO FOOD!!!!

You want to tell the mods....feel free.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 07-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith
Hi! I am wondering does anyone here have an experience with breatharianism, and would you please be so kind to share it with us?
I feel very drawn to it, but I'm miles away from being capable of trying even anything similar to it. I've read things on the internet of course.
I haven't found a thread on this forum about it and I'm very interested if any sf member has a personal experience. I would very much appreciate details and techniques you used. Maybe just doing some of that would be very beneficial. Why did you do it, how did you prepare, how it felt and where it went to?
I'm not advising anyone to do it and it's not a thing to joke about. Just to be clear about it...
Thank you so much for your time. Blessings.

It's a good question, Lilith. I have only heard that word on sit-coms or movies and it always is used as a joke - why? Because it's an extreme thing. Fwiw, something extreme like that can't help but be met with derision but I do admire your openness to at least ferret out what you can - human curiosity is one of the best things about us.

If you do find out information that encourages you to try it, I'm sure you'll use your own best judgment to know if it's good for YOU. Good luck!

P.S. Here's a link from what it says about it on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

...which basically says it's a lethal pseudoscience. Buddha gave up his fast when his health became so bad that he could barely move around because he was so malnourished. fwiw.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Master
NM.........
Old 07-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Master
Lightbulb

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Silver : 07-04-2017 at 05:28 PM.