Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
What ever happened to people just being supported? encouraged? acknowledged? validated? listened to?

Because while ever there are those who say 'this is only ego-stroking' there will be no communication, no re-assurance...

Some people need the positive input from their friends, family and associates to increase their own confidence, self-esteem...to make them feel better about themselves as a person..

Because without this, they will end up like me, who freaking needs an ego, so I can identify it and THEN go about losing it. ;)

Oh dear - dare I say it? ............You're right!

I don't know why people make such a palaver about just interacting.
Ordinary people living in ordinary streets don't.
Most of this is about trying to ensure a cohesive society, various controls,
censures, praises, so that a range of values can be shared while allowing
the individual some scope to be individual.

Call it ego, call it whatever you like, we have our selves but it's the human
lot to want to congregate so we learn to shape our behaviour hoping to make
a go of it, to live, to validate our existence.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange
Whatever happened to humility ?
Humility is an aspect of moral self-development, in every spiritual meditative path. Even just recognizing the importance of it, means you're on the path already. Focus on evolving your humility, that's all that's required. We could ask why the world is the way it is, but it will always be what it is regardless.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Are you modelling what you wish to see in others?

What I come across and feel about it speaks what I can become in the seeing more aware of myself as the one seeing all this.

"be the change you wish to see" so they say.

I'm merely pointing out the excessiveness of it all. The over-stimulation of the ego.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange
I'm merely pointing out the excessiveness of it all. The over-stimulation of the ego.
You missed the point. This reply is a kind of ego reply in fact. Your ego wants to defend your choice to "point it out." But there is no need defend anything, no need to point anything out in others. The only need, is to be aware of your own ego behaviour, if and when it comes up.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Whatever happened to humility ?
Let me try something...

Up until now, I have never felt totally undeserving of validation, respect and acknowledgment (because I don't get any).

So, one cannot say that I am creating this situation through Law of Attraction because it is only a very recent feeling.

The reason why I feel undeserving is due to the lack of experience of these things. It is the situation which created these feelings and NOT the feelings which created the situation.

However, now that I have felt it, the feelings are going to create more of it now (according to LoA)....each negative emotion has to start somewhere, when trying to do everything positive and within one's power and ability TO do, simply won't work and fails over and over again and so for the whole and rest of one's life, they will be the try hard/die hard and never actually getting anywhere except for just trying to get there.

Some people must love being kicked in the teeth over and over...they get up, dust themselves off, get kicked in the teeth again and on...and on this goes for the rest of their lives and what have they learned? absolutely nothing. I am not one of those people because my self-confidence won't allow it to happen.

However, that confidence is being eroded, simply due to the fact that if I am going to fully accept that there's nothing I can do to change anything until things are READY to change, I may as well just lock myself inside my room, and write...having nothing to do with my external environment whatsoever because the world is just not ready for me yet and my birth was a huge mistake - which it was.

I mean, I could do meditation, self-inquiry, talk to guides/angels too, but I don't need to leave the comfort of my locked room to do that either. I could adopt the whole ideal that the world and everybody in it is just an illusion and spend the rest of my days inside a cave, shunning all human interaction just to attain enlightenment.

I've been doing this anyway, but why do I feel lonely? I should NOT feel lonely because I have everything I could ever want; I have angels, guides, god and friends I have created in my mind...I have a whole universe I created in my mind that I can go anywhere and visit at any time...I can have whoever I want there, so why the loneliness when this feeling of loneliness is only an illusion TOO, but I still feel it.

Anyway, I am digressing - but I am starting to learn self-denial at least. Self-denial and self abasement is the first step in learning humility.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Deactivated Account

I suppose it depends where your focus of attraction is. I would argue most individuals want to be validated, acknowledged, and most importantly loved. I know this because I see this in my own children. Educators operate on a model of positive reinforcement to reward children for their accomplishments and so forth, so in many ways it's ingrained from childhood and all the way up into adulthood in the work force, the boasting goes hand in hand(cause/effect)

I feel the choice is yours to offer or extend that stimulation to someone ( sounded weird ) Reminds me a bit of that arrogant vs Confidence thread, at the end of the day, it really is your awareness and perception to these behaviors. If you don't care for the person, it's simple, don't feed into them.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Master
So clover, if it is a basic human need to be validated, acknowledged and loved, how does one go about totally losing and dropping a basic human need even in light of the fact they don't experience it anyway? I have tried just resigning myself to that, but that hasn't worked, so any suggestions how to totally lose all my emotions for the sake of knowing/understanding myself would be great.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Everyone has ego, and everyone likes their ego being stimulated in some form or another. It is part of life. Accept it.

It's not a problem unless it consumes a person's life and turns into narcissism or something. We are all human. We all slip.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You missed the point. This reply is a kind of ego reply in fact. Your ego wants to defend your choice to "point it out." But there is no need defend anything, no need to point anything out in others. The only need, is to be aware of your own ego behaviour, if and when it comes up.

Yeah I'd totally agree with this, first thing that stood out to me.

What do you think comments on ego? Ego of course! It is so sneaky lol. Best to just give it a break. Not let it bother you in the first place.

(Then again, that's probably my ego talking *shrug* - we all have different coping mechanisms)
Old 05-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
But to the real meaning ego is only one's perception

Not to be difficult, but I'm sure we all have different understandings of the word 'ego', too.