Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Suspended
Knower
If you really think life is nothing more than a dream, go to Hell.
Old 25-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
For what do dreams reflect after all? Myself. Doesn't life do this as well?
Something I learned from one of my teachers: When we dream, we are reflecting on aspects of ourselves. If I have a fear-filled dream of being attacked by a wild animal, it is really about the need to tame those wild aspects in myself: my fear-driven biases, and antipathies, and tendencies to judge and even attack others for example.
Old 25-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
What immediately comes to mind is "Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream...."

Then that scene out of the Star Trek movie, where Spock asks Captain Kirk about it...what does "Life is but a Dream" mean because the whole premise of it was "illogical".

After Kirk tried to explain it to Spock...he gave up and sorta said "you figure it out" and Spock could not.

I'm with Spock. lol

Hi Necromancer,

If dreams are seen as nothing more then figments of the imagination, then to me it would go against logic. I can't fly on my own in real life, yet can at times in dreams, just for an example.

I feel the saying " life is but a dream" is a concept. Not trying to prove or disprove it, just to be clear.

It does bring thoughts to me as to how this may be applied as to how life can be viewed and how my interactions with it can be shifted.

So as in a dream my mind is reflecting aspects of myself, so playing a bit as to how life may reflect aspects of myself as well.

Yes, if the facts don't line up with in the mind, make sense, then can get how this idea can come off as illogical.

Btw: Spock is one of my favorite character.
Thank you.
Old 25-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Master
Thank you all for your replies and responses.

Will reply when I have more time to so.
Old 25-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Knower
Quote:
If dreams are seen as nothing more then figments of the imagination, then to me it would go against logic. I can't fly on my own in real life, yet can at times in dreams, just for an example.

I feel the saying " life is but a dream" is a concept. Not trying to prove or disprove it, just to be clear.

It does bring thoughts to me as to how this may be applied as to how life can be viewed and how my interactions with it can be shifted.

So as in a dream my mind is reflecting aspects of myself, so playing a bit as to how life may reflect aspects of myself as well.

Yes, if the facts don't line up with in the mind, make sense, then can get how this idea can come off as illogical.

Btw: Spock is one of my favorite character.
Thank you.
As spiritual as I have become since joining, I still believe, from experience, that dreams consist of only a combination of memories and imagination. You can do the impossible in dreams such as flying because you can imagine doing so. But when astral projection is concerned, of course that has far much more to it than imagination and memories!

As for whether or not life is a dream, well I believe it is, because when I am dreaming I usually believe it is "real" until I wake up. But when I am awake, I can say with certainty I am awake, because my mind can see the progression of time for example. But when we die, for all we know we could all be saying "I can't believe I thought that was real!"
Old 25-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Color

I don't know what I could share more than you have, Moonglow.
Very nice.
I was 8 years old when I was placed into an altered state....looking
all around I saw all of 'this' is made of Dreamstuff...as
unreal as a movie set with the fronts of an Old West Town propped up with slanted wood beams.
And I have been given that altered state of perception many times since.
So I do know very profoundly nothing is as it appears and my thoughts, feelings and expectations
are the foundations paving the way for the motion picture-like frames that I will walk into next...like bricks
being laid as my foot falls on the walkway...all made from my own mind...
a co-creator with the Creator...like a lucid dream, yes.

This being said to be a ''dream'' is only a concept to those that have not had that direct experience, yet,
that it is, indeed, not what it seems to be.
"Up" is a concept to one that has lived his entire life only facing ''down''...aka, the Allegory of the Cave....
the tale of the frog in a small pond...

This is called an illusion because it is, it appears to be 'real' and solid....otherwise it would not
be called the Illusion...
but, rather a poor, amateuristic 'trick'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello,

Some thoughts have been playing in the mind.

Life is but a dream, comes to mind.

This leads the thoughts to looking at what is a dream? What does a dream reflect?

Dreams reflect aspects of myself. Much like when sleeping and have images that are formed, these images are reflections of the self.

So, recently been having flashes that while awake ( physically), at times, feel in kind of a dream state. Which brings the thoughts what aspect of the self is being reflected to me?

Used to lucid dream. Lucid dreaming in short is being conscious that one is dreaming. In this state was able to interact with in the dream and the images that may occur. Starting to get back to training my mind to do this again. For me it takes practice.

Anyways, to look at life as a dream brings the thought that as I become more conscious of what is happening around and with in me in a way become more lucid. Through this become more conscious of things that may be and are reflecting aspects of myself. Through this become more aware of ways to better interact with others and life. Also, become more aware of how I may be able to heal aspects with in myself.

I'll leave my thoughts here at present. Hope this is clear enough for now.

So what are the thoughts and insights you all have on this?

Thank you

Dreams within dreams within dreams...within ....dreams....on and on we go...infinitely.. (Dreaming yourself into being) And of course time is irrelevant to your dreamer self. It is able to access your unconscious self long before you are awake to it as both the known and unknown movements.

We are our dreamer as a whole, but they too can be multi layered and connected because dreams can come together through the interconnectedness of life and spirit as one source at certain points of our awakening or "waking up".

Waking dream state as you describe, become wakeful dream flashes and are symbolic of waking up from the current dream. "Bringing the dream alive into life" So the awareness shifts from sleep to wakefulness in the creation more so. It is all you of course coming awake to the dream your dreaming.
Just the shift has moved you from sleep state awareness to waking state awareness. This for me became a turning point where I was now consciously beginning to walk awake. My sleep state (unconscious state) was showing how I was merging my own reality in me..(to conscious waking state). My balance in me was shifting.

Everything your sharing that you feel it will support in waking life is really becoming and opening to "live the dream" for real so the interaction of you becomes more real as the dream in life itself. You become the dreamer/dream/one aware of yourself dreaming/aware as yourself being all this. Then you can just be. .....:smile

As for lucid dreaming, I don't have much experience with this. I was more interested in letting go deeper to open deeper in myself to bring the dream alive for real to interact as all that, being that in real life, being myself more true to my own personal piece/dream within all dreams.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Suspended

Look, I haven't been following this thread so I don't know where the conversation is turning but I read the original post.

Lucid dreaming is not so ideal as you describe it. The simple truth is as soon as a dream becomes lucid, your conscious mind is activated and you wake up. I know I would lucid dream as a kid to do naughty stuff with girls in my dreams; the moment I recognize it is a dream and I can control it I wake up. Psychology has discussed this, not that there is much truth to psychology.

Now, I'm going to give you a metaphor that might be complicated to understand. If as soon as a dream ends when you are conscious of it, is like life where the insecurity ends when you are conscious of it; then you wake up as well and there is a more beautiful world out there awake then asleep, it requires spirituality to understand and spirituality is the waking moment, the control and the consciousness.

Cheers!
Old 26-01-2017, 12:15 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light the Human

Why don't you try to send me to Hell. Many have tried, all have failed and will fail. Trust me, my cigarettes are stronger than yours; I literally smoke Time.
Old 26-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light the Human

Reality strikes!

We are literally waking up to ourselves and reality as it is. So the more awake you become the more aware you become of life as it is. The dream becomes much less about what you are and more about what you are doing in this life awake to what is.

Hell is part of your view and perceived by many in life as suffering. So for many the living hell is very real. Human ways could be defined as hell and those trapped by that hell could well be living in that hell. History and now, shows us this, quite clearly.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder