Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 13-09-2016, 01:10 PM
I just finished the movie/docu "I AM"....right on the lines of this thread...
Joyous Awareness
Hope someone sees it.

http://www.iamthedoc.com/thefilm/

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Joyous Awareness
Hope someone sees it.

Thank you Miss Hepburn, I found the film online a couple of days ago and watched it and was very impressed and moved, will watch it again too. Some very interesting stuff like democracy or co-operation being part of our DNA, loved it.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 18-09-2016, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeronknight
I know this might be off topic, but I don't know where to put this.
Why do people refer Darkness to evil, and light to good? I just see them as neutral "elements". It's the person's/spirit's choice to be evil/good...or am I wrong? Just curious, because darkness isn't bad....is it?

In my opinion "good" and "evil" are human concepts related to a dual nature of existence. God is often looked upon as love and light, so many believe that the absence of light, e.g. "darkness" is the opposite of "God," or good. Black, or darkness, has often been looked upon as a void or abyss, and this has been erroneously translated into the human drama, with people looking at anything black or dark being inert, evil, or at least sinister. It is the same in the way a lot of people used to look at a left handed person as sinister, but these notions do relate to a misconception, in my opinion, of duality. My non-dualistic point of view tells me that the darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. In my opinion the light is always present, even in the darkest of moments.
Old 24-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Master
I'm here to give thanks for being in the space of joyous awareness. It's closely tied to and tends to yield a deep gratitude and a deeper knowing.

Love is that is. And so, love is the ground of being.

But as individuated beings and individuated consciousness, love is most fully exhalted when rooted in the ground of being and then channeled...to self, to one another, and to all that is, but most especially to sentience with which we can engage. Whether physically embodied or transcendental only (non-physical).

That is the primary experience of existence...channeling the unbounded, one soul at a time.

My deepest gratitude to the universe, my guides, and those I love most closely...for joyous awareness

Peace & blessings all
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Love

Welcome and love to you / me, we are all one.
Old 26-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Joyous Awareness
Hope someone sees it.
To quote from the above article:
Quote:
Watching I AM is ultimately, for many, a transformative experience, yet Shadyac is reluctant to give specific steps for viewers who have been energized by the film. “What can I do?” “I get asked that a lot,” he says. “But the solution begins with a deeper transformation that must occur in each of us. I AM isn’t as much about what you can do, as who you can be. And from that transformation of being, action will naturally follow.”
The Non-dual sages, wizards and spokespersons I am now following such as: Tony Parsons, Jim Newman, Kenneth Madden, Andreas Muller, Natalie Gray, Rupert Spira, Richard Sylvester, Nathan Gil and a lot of others (google them) also refrain from giving folks methods, techniques and paths to Realization or Awakening and offer their Pointers as descriptions of Reality or Awareness rather than as Prescriptions for "what to do" to "get there". Most of them will say that you are already That or There and so there is no need of a method or practice to be or become what you already are. The problem is that most of us were taught to believe that we are a separate 'me' or self-entity (ego) which spawns all of life's conflicts as we struggle with other me's to acquire more or defend what we now have without ever realizing or remembering that we are one unified whole. The joke of this cosmic play is that these me's are actually phantoms that do not exist (search for your me or self to see it there really is one in you.) and once someone realizes that the 'me' is not real, most if not all fear, insecurity, greed, struggling, fighting, resisting and conflict ENDS and peace occurs as the now liberated Being relaxes from endless struggles with other phantom me's.
Quote:
“But the solution begins with a deeper transformation that must occur in each of us. I AM isn’t as much about what you can do, as who you can be. And from that transformation of being, action will naturally follow.”
The "transformation" is to see that there is no 'me' in us and then healthier and happier "action" naturally follows when we realize that we ARE "joyous Awareness" or whatever label fits the Nameless.
Quote:
“What can I do?”
I'd say, see that you are NOT a separate, isolate 'me' or individual and that you already are simply Presence/Awareness. ~ John Wheeler
Old 20-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I'm here to give thanks for being in the space of joyous awareness. It's closely tied to and tends to yield a deep gratitude and a deeper knowing.

Love is that is. And so, love is the ground of being.

But as individuated beings and individuated consciousness, love is most fully exhalted when rooted in the ground of being and then channeled...to self, to one another, and to all that is, but most especially to sentience with which we can engage. Whether physically embodied or transcendental only (non-physical).

That is the primary experience of existence...channeling the unbounded, one soul at a time.

My deepest gratitude to the universe, my guides, and those I love most closely...for joyous awareness

Peace & blessings all
7L

This very much aligns with the original intent of that which initiated this thread, dear 7luminaries. Excellent.

Quote:
A mind that appreciates the wonderful diversity of the universe--equally appreciating appearances of both "good" and "bad"--is a mind that perceives clearly beyond illusions. It is a mind of joyous awareness.
Old 20-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Hello friends.

It is very nice to see a space opened here for non-duality exploration and communion.
yes but one should avoid a serious misunderstanding: there is not the slightest need to associate 'joyous awareness' and 'non-duality'.
Old 20-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Deactivated Account
There is no misunderstanding, dear Ground. Opening to joy, more and more, is required for one to understand the essence of what "non-duality" is.

You may not feel there is a need to see such an association, but I do.

Also, almost all "non-duality teachings" speak of happiness, peace, which is joy. Clarity is also joy.

Joy is inseparable from "non-duality," if one perceives "non-duality" as Oneness.

From most of your posts, I can see that you, like Jim, clearly like to engage in very lengthy, pointless debates on these subjects. As I did with him in another thread, I will allow you to have the last word on this, Ground.

Being happy is far greater than being "right."
Old 20-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
There is no misunderstanding, dear Ground. Opening to joy, more and more, is required for one to understand the essence of what "non-duality" is.

You may not feel there is a need to see such an association, but I do.

Also, almost all "non-duality teachings" speak of happiness, peace, which is joy. Clarity is also joy.

Joy is inseparable from "non-duality," if one perceives "non-duality" as Oneness.

From most of your posts, I can see that you, like Jim, clearly like to engage in very lengthy, pointless debates on these subjects. As I did with him in another thread, I will allow you to have the last word on this, Ground.

Being happy is far greater than being "right."

I believe your last words are right on. I enjoy your words ~ thanks