Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 02-08-2016, 08:10 AM
Master
Buddhism ?

Perhaps I am taking a risk by writing this but I am here as I am in condition of learning .......

For years I have only one single question to ask anyone that teach Buddhism that is their reason of teaching ......

As in my current mind Buddhism is just a natural process of realization of own existence and the cause of existence and is not a form of knowledge .

Allow me to further explain :-

If you could take out all your knowledge from your mind , what will be left in the mind ? Perhaps the only one that left in the mind after all knowledge is gone is emotion , is desire , is love , is fear / greed / ego / worry etc ... and that is what you are . You are just emotion not someone you hold on to from the knowledge that you gain .

As one awaken to Buddhism , one realize knowledge is merely an information feed by parent / society / education system / culture etc , knowledge is never stay on solid ground and changes all the time .....knowledge is just like a wind blows to your face but never stay there

But human had attached to a culture that accepted knowledge as the basis of judgement and it seems to me , human had became part of the knowledge itself .

In my current mind , Buddhism is never a knowledge so how could anyone including Mr Siddharta teaches something that is not knowledge ?

In my current mind , perhaps as one awaken to Buddhism , he realize he is same as any existence regardless human / animal / plant / micro-organism / table / dust / Coca-Cola can....... as all is travelling in own natural process of Buddhism into a state before existence , a state of nothingness ... so as he awaken to this , he realize he is constantly alone as emotion that never owned anything or anyone including the physical body ...

he realize that all happening / all incident / all re-action / all nature is all providing a great source of realization to him and as he travel further into this awakening , he no longer choose what to learn or who to learn from .

As he travel in this path , he no longer hold the mind and constantly in condition readiness of change as he realize it is suffering to hold on to the mind as the mind is naturally in a natural process of Buddhism , the mind is constantly changing so if he hold on to something that constantly changing that is suffering .

So regardless the direct words from Mr Siddharta or the action of serial killer ... regardless the words of Dalai Lama or the nature of a dead leaf in the garden is all same great source for him to realize his existence .. and he is constantly in readiness of change , constantly learning without any reason to teach as he holds nothing , nothing he could offer ......

And as he awaken to this , emotion will gradually and naturally decreases ... all desire / love / anger / hate / greed / ego / fear etc will naturally and gradually forgotten and the burden that he carry all these while will be reduced ... he will be more at ease and this condition could be closely describe as " happy".

So in my current mind , happy in regards to Buddhism is not out of desire but it is a condition of less mind , a condition of less emotion .

So can any Guru , Buddhism teacher here explain their reason to teach ?

There was a monk told me a story of a professor climbing up a hill to learn from a Buddhism teacher , as they met the professor start asking question to the Buddhism teacher ... in the same time the Buddhism teacher is pouring tea into a cup serving it to the professor ... as the professor ask , the Buddhism teacher continue to pour until it overflow from the cup and he continue to pour it .
The professor ask him to stop and ask him the reason .
The Buddhism Master explained to the professor that the professor mind already full and cannot be filled anyone so he could not answer his question as the professor mind already full and cannot take in anything .

The monk is actually trying to explain to me that my mind already full and he cannot teach me anything...

I told the monk , in my mind , The Buddhism teacher mind is not only full but overflow .... Buddhism is about learning not teaching but instead the Buddhism teacher not only with a full mind but has even overflow ......to me , the Buddhism teacher indeed in a great suffering holding on to the mind .

And soon after that I was banned from that website .

I hope to debate with any Buddhism Master for my own learning lesson
Old 02-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Master
Why do you keep asking this question,
Why do I answer you,
Why do Buddhist teachers teach Buddhism.

It's because you feel it's right to ask,
I feel it's right to answer,
Teachers feel it's right to teach.

Simple CSEe, why complicate your life searching for answers to others decisions.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Perhaps I am taking a risk by writing this but I am here as I am in condition of learning .......

For years I have only one single question to ask anyone that teach Buddhism that is their reason of teaching ......

As in my current mind Buddhism is just a natural process of realization of own existence and the cause of existence and is not a form of knowledge .

Allow me to further explain :-

If you could take out all your knowledge from your mind , what will be left in the mind ? Perhaps the only one that left in the mind after all knowledge is gone is emotion , is desire , is love , is fear / greed / ego / worry etc ... and that is what you are . You are just emotion not someone you hold on to from the knowledge that you gain .

As one awaken to Buddhism , one realize knowledge is merely an information feed by parent / society / education system / culture etc , knowledge is never stay on solid ground and changes all the time .....knowledge is just like a wind blows to your face but never stay there

But human had attached to a culture that accepted knowledge as the basis of judgement and it seems to me , human had became part of the knowledge itself .

In my current mind , Buddhism is never a knowledge so how could anyone including Mr Siddharta teaches something that is not knowledge ?

In my current mind , perhaps as one awaken to Buddhism , he realize he is same as any existence regardless human / animal / plant / micro-organism / table / dust / Coca-Cola can....... as all is travelling in own natural process of Buddhism into a state before existence , a state of nothingness ... so as he awaken to this , he realize he is constantly alone as emotion that never owned anything or anyone including the physical body ...

he realize that all happening / all incident / all re-action / all nature is all providing a great source of realization to him and as he travel further into this awakening , he no longer choose what to learn or who to learn from .

As he travel in this path , he no longer hold the mind and constantly in condition readiness of change as he realize it is suffering to hold on to the mind as the mind is naturally in a natural process of Buddhism , the mind is constantly changing so if he hold on to something that constantly changing that is suffering .

So regardless the direct words from Mr Siddharta or the action of serial killer ... regardless the words of Dalai Lama or the nature of a dead leaf in the garden is all same great source for him to realize his existence .. and he is constantly in readiness of change , constantly learning without any reason to teach as he holds nothing , nothing he could offer ......

And as he awaken to this , emotion will gradually and naturally decreases ... all desire / love / anger / hate / greed / ego / fear etc will naturally and gradually forgotten and the burden that he carry all these while will be reduced ... he will be more at ease and this condition could be closely describe as " happy".

So in my current mind , happy in regards to Buddhism is not out of desire but it is a condition of less mind , a condition of less emotion .

So can any Guru , Buddhism teacher here explain their reason to teach ?

There was a monk told me a story of a professor climbing up a hill to learn from a Buddhism teacher , as they met the professor start asking question to the Buddhism teacher ... in the same time the Buddhism teacher is pouring tea into a cup serving it to the professor ... as the professor ask , the Buddhism teacher continue to pour until it overflow from the cup and he continue to pour it .
The professor ask him to stop and ask him the reason .
The Buddhism Master explained to the professor that the professor mind already full and cannot be filled anyone so he could not answer his question as the professor mind already full and cannot take in anything .

The monk is actually trying to explain to me that my mind already full and he cannot teach me anything...

I told the monk , in my mind , The Buddhism teacher mind is not only full but overflow .... Buddhism is about learning not teaching but instead the Buddhism teacher not only with a full mind but has even overflow ......to me , the Buddhism teacher indeed in a great suffering holding on to the mind .

And soon after that I was banned from that website .

I hope to debate with any Buddhism Master for my own learning lesson

This is an insightful post I enjoyed reading it.

It connects me to Ryanwind posing the questions to me about Buddhism and asking me what do I know about it and what study have I taken in regards to it. And then asking me why I am in the thread where all things are for Buddhism. I am sure he wasn't considering, the direct experience of realizations where one can learn from life itself. So in this way the merging of pathways brings different views of the same thing. I find lots of correlations and deepening into my own views of all paths in this way, but then I don't hold myself to one path as a means of learning.

I am aware of myself through realizations through many life experiences and connections, that my path crosses into. I tend to move into them and grow through them what is presented in their views and understandings one with me, especially if I see they value other paths as one.

I hope your find your answer that your seeking from the one your seeking to answer.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why do you keep asking this question,
Why do I answer you,
Why do Buddhist teachers teach Buddhism.

It's because you feel it's right to ask,
I feel it's right to answer,
Teachers feel it's right to teach.

Simple CSEe, why complicate your life searching for answers to others decisions.

Because when you question all things even as it may not pertain to you directly, but the reflection offers you something you notice, you can open to realize that all life is connected and it builds a deeper awareness when we notice and explore what seeks our attention.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Suspended
Hey CSEe,

I try to give you some hints. I am a Malaysian chinese, I am not a Buddhist teacher..... Buddha is with me for nearly 40 years inside my body. He didn't teach me any ideology, I don't even emphasis his teaching of nothingness. Of course, I know the teaching of Buddha about nothingness.

And Jesus is also with me. He didn't teach me any of his teaching also. I am not a fast hot religion learner , what I did/do is lived my life as a common person and never think that it will be so importantly to my life. We live together they just solve my danger or keep me safe, not for my financial condition. And I didn't care much about that. I am not rich, so who care....

And now l have acquired the highest dharma of Buddha and Jesus. What I want to say is time of thinking is important than any religion philosophy. Especially we are not so talented or not incarnation of any great God.

So be patience if you could learn fast is good otherwise just try your best. That's my experience.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Because when you question all things even as it may not pertain to you directly, but the reflection offers you something you notice, you can open to realize that all life is connected and it builds a deeper awareness when we notice and explore what seeks our attention.

In Buddism what CSEe is constantly doing is called ' attachment ' .
From what he said previously he's been searching for years to get an answer, been banned on numerous Buddhist Forums. Asking questions is a good thing but when it becomes an attachment, a quest to find an answer which satisfies you then it becomes ' attachment to the self ' which is another story..
Old 02-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
In Buddism what CSEe is constantly doing is called ' attachment ' .
From what he said previously he's been searching for years to get an answer, been banned on numerous Buddhist Forums. Asking questions is a good thing but when it becomes an attachment, a quest to find an answer which satisfies you then it becomes ' attachment to the self ' which is another story..

How do you determine another's exploration as attachment?
Is it because you know this has been going on for a long time?

My attachments stemmed from childhood and took me around thirty nine years to break free from, multi layered most often with points firing off in all directions.

I am compassionate and understanding for how long it takes to learn the interconnected relationships of attachment. From what I gather in my readings these have a place in Buddhism along with the awareness of attachments.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Master
Attachment.

The struggles come from being too tightly attached to something, he has been searching for an answer for many years, instead of just letting it go and accepting he won't find the answer HE wants.

When you don't get the answer that fits into your idea of whats right or wrong then anger, frustration etc: starts to manifest, which leads to.....

In my understanding of attachments, the grasping to tightly is what causes the problems, letting go and accepting that Buddhist teachers teach is easier than spending years questioning why.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Teaching is a phenomenon that exists.

To make use of the possibility of teaching is a choice an individual makes.

There are many reasons one can have to teach.
And there are also many reasons one can have not to teach.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
The struggles come from being too tightly attached to something, he has been searching for an answer for many years, instead of just letting it go and accepting he won't find the answer HE wants.

When you don't get the answer that fits into your idea of whats right or wrong then anger, frustration etc: starts to manifest, which leads to.....

In my understanding of attachments, the grasping to tightly is what causes the problems, letting go and accepting that Buddhist teachers teach is easier than spending years questioning why.

The embolden statement is the crux of the problem. Ask yourself; "If I don't know the answer, then how could I know if I get the right answer?" Only in comparison to something else do we make judgments such as right and wrong, thus what is one going to compare their judgment of the right answer to but one they're already holding in their mind, or one that coincides with their own beliefs. Really what one is doing is trying to find something to fit their preconceived mold, their perception of what is the right answer, so then they ask leading questions in an attempt to brings others to their same forgone conclusion to help substantiate their preconceived answer and much of this happens unconsciously. Which, this is fine as long as one knows, is AWARE that its their answer and not THE answer for everyone else. It may be for some and not others. If Buddhism doesn't work for you then find something that does, variety is the spice of life. Buddhism is no more the absolute right vehicle/answer than Christianity or Taoism or anything else. The truth is there is no "the" answer, no one absolute answer, but rather above all; "to thine own self be true."

What good does it do making yourself miserable trying to prove you're correct and others are wrong, when you don't even know the answer yourself, which if you did, you wouldn't be looking for one? And perhaps not knowing the answer is the answer, as when you know you don't know then you can participate in whatever the moment brings without any limitations such as those brought about by all ideologies.

So I am in agreement with you sky123, nice short insightful post! And yes the question "why" can be a life long battle with no absolute winner, the questions why denotes a lack of trust in the Way. Question what needs questioning, and realize there are some things we just are not going to know. There are so many things I don't need to know to be happy, and it seems the less I know the happier I am!