Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 AM
danieska

Paralyzed while conscious?

Hello again guys.

Long time no see. Had to re-register, but no problem!!

So here we go:

I have no idea i this is OBE or AP, I do think it might be something though.

1st time I dreamt my mother was holding my hand, pulling me towards her, and another entity was pulling me to another side. I literally woke up with my upper body moving up (i was lying sideways, so my trunk moved up) and woke up from the strength of the pull, also felt a little scared.

Well, that passed I just prayed, took a breath and slept well.

About 10 days later I was lying in bed to go to sleep when my body became extremely heavy and fully paralyzed but my eyes were open and I was looking at my husband in despair.

Now the 1st time, I screamed loud and my voice came out normally.
The second time, however, only air and heavy breathing (trying to get my husband's attention as to what happened).

How should I go about this, if it happens again?
Old 05-11-2010, 03:51 AM
arive nan

Sounds like sleep paralysis. Did you hear buzzing in your ears when it happened? Not everyone does during sleep paralysis though.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:02 AM
danieska

Yes it occurred to me the latter time it could be something like that. No buzzes, but thanks!

<3
Old 05-11-2010, 04:22 AM
mikron

Cool

do some yoga to be more specific Yoga Nidra meditation , "energy follows thought" meaning for sleep it goes Beta,Alpha,Theta,Delta you need to be more grounded consciousness moves from the physical to other levels that are spiritual! Medditation in general would also help because a person goes through the same brainstates but consciousnly awake!

Be creative and courage to Heal!

Namaste mikron
Old 05-11-2010, 04:29 AM
rus11

Sleep paralysis for the second part. Not to worry I get it too. Try looking forward to the next time and just relax, then try lifting out. It can be pleasant you have nothing to fear.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Master

rus11 is correct. Try and relax. It cannot hurt you and it will not last long then you will be able to move again.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:07 AM
otto

Hi there,
I have has several of those they are quite alarming, for me at first. I found for me they lead to OBE's. Now I don't know if this is for everyone, could be though.

It also seems to go in phases... I was going into a sleep paralysis every night almost and then started going into vibrational state which leads to OBE...

Now I'm at a stand still... When my body is ready it will get going again. Could be a reason maybe for my own protection at this time...

But don't be scared, if you feel threatened and want to wake up, just move a finger or something small even. And you will.

Now if you want to go looking around and feel safe about it, do that to... Watch for your body to have a slight vibration, and that means you can go visit the astral plain. And if you feel unsafe you will return right back to your body.

I would get scared easily and go back. Now I wish I would of stayed and talked to some people, or spirits, more. I hope I to get another chance... Take care Mel
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 PM
LightFilledHeart

Otto's right that sleep paralysis is often a prequel to an OBE. I believe it is a protection factor for the physical body to keep it still and in the place of rest while the spirit vacates and zips around the cosmos! In any case, if you feel inclined to pursue the opportunity, just relax into it and let it take you where you will. To get back into your body you have only to think of doing so and desire it, and it will occur. If you are frightened and do not wish to continue, strong thoughts of that nature will generally wake you up to the point where the paralysis is released and you can move again. I hope this is of some help!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Master
Sleep paralysis comes from having dual awareness... both in and slightly out of the body at the same time. It's a natural phenomena and as you recognize it is temporary and not dangerous you can simply relax and go on through... either out or back into the body, whichever way you are headed.

Xan