Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 31-07-2016, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Well I would say it has a reality. It's just it is not word or concept based. You can't actually represent it in any real way with words or concepts. If I am in my house eating an apple, and I am describing it over the phone to someone who has no apples in their house, I can't give them the actual experience with words. The words I use, or descriptions, are not what the experience actually is.

Yes. By 'formal' I meant to have form. Apple eating can be formally described because it is something that is experienced, but equanimity can not be formally described because it is the nature of the experience, the way of experiencing, rather than the experience itself.
Old 31-07-2016, 03:47 AM
Suspended
Equanimity is to calm our mind and the successful result of the trying ,it's deserted and quiet. I don't think eating apple can be cooled for one's mind especially your mouth is in action ,carefully not to bite your tongue and as the same time answering the phone.

Equanimity is presented at a person with higher confidence about all situations no matter with what's happening. Calming the mind first then inspiration emerged automatically, analyze ,decision made then action taken....

It's a mind with presentation in a cool way (at an action taken at the early stage)especially for a person who has higher level of confidence and practice of dharma.
Old 31-07-2016, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Equanimity is to calm our mind and the successful result of the trying ,it's deserted and quiet. I don't think eating apple can be cooled for one's mind especially your mouth is in action ,carefully not to bite your tongue and as the same time answering the phone.

Sure, one can go about their day in quiet equanimity, eating, walking, working and what have you.

Quote:
Equanimity is presented at a person with higher confidence about all situations no matter with what's happening. Calming the mind first then inspiration emerged automatically, analyze ,decision made then action taken....

Yes. Keeping the calm balance is the way to inspiration,or what I prefer to call insight. I mean inspiration as I see it, is to act on insight. This also overides the 'analyse and decision' as it remains more in immediacy, and we might refer to instinct or 'the gut' or intuition. Still, one may want to think things through carefully.

Quote:
It's a mind with presentation in a cool way (at an action taken at the early stage)especially for a person who has higher level of confidence and practice of dharma.

It might be said that equanimity is the way of being on the Dhamma path.
Old 31-07-2016, 07:28 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes. By 'formal' I meant to have form. Apple eating can be formally described because it is something that is experienced, but equanimity can not be formally described because it is the nature of the experience, the way of experiencing, rather than the experience itself.

Just speculating based on my understanding but I would assume an enlightened self-realized human would have a recognizable form. The being that could be aware of such a form would have to be one that could view or see or sense another beings energy forms though.

I would guess there is a certain relationship between the various energies of a self-realized enlightened human that are unique to that state of consciousness which would be recognizable to higher beings.

Thoughts have a physical presence, though humans don't fully understand it all. Self-awareness would also have some sort of energy associated with it so would also have a form or structure.

It's similar to how scientists can look at images of the brain in real time and know if one is happy or sad etc. based on what their instruments are showing. Some sources state that out of the human body, "souls" or energy bodies have unique colors and structures of color. Like one "soul" may be blue shades with gold specks around the outer edges... while another may be green with violet tinges around the center. These differences in color correspond to differences in the beings.

It's like how if a human is angry, their brain will actually be physically different from one that is calm and peaceful. Our consciousness will also change how we appear and what we are on an energy level.
Old 31-07-2016, 07:54 AM
Master
"Like one "soul" may be blue shades with gold specks around the outer edges... while another may be green with violet tinges around the center. These differences in color correspond to differences in the beings."

Ryan this brings back memories of my Christian Education by Nuns, we were always being warned that our souls would be turned black if we commited sins and they would be a golden colour like Jesus's soul if we kept the Ten Commandments, thankfully times have changed
Old 01-08-2016, 07:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Just speculating based on my understanding but I would assume an enlightened self-realized human would have a recognizable form. The being that could be aware of such a form would have to be one that could view or see or sense another beings energy forms though.

I would guess there is a certain relationship between the various energies of a self-realized enlightened human that are unique to that state of consciousness which would be recognizable to higher beings.

I'm not sure and have no way of knowing. I just take people the way they are pretty much without categorising. I more avoid any dynamic that positions people in scalar paradigms and discourage any definitive scope based on comparison. If I do think in comparative scales I tend to depict myself toward the lower end of the hierarchy, which isn't very pleasant for me or conducive to my healthy self esteem, so I tend to avoid these sorts of constructs, and I honestly believe that all people are worthy of the same sort of respect. It's quite difficult for me to be judgmental because I always see my own self image within them, and I find that my judgments of others only serve to somehow fortify my own egomania. On the other hand, I know that everyone is essentially the same and individuality is more like an appearance associated with a body. That said, I remain discerning as there are those who tend to become violent or otherwise abusive or dangerous. I don't hold that against them, though. It's merely a concern over risk of harm.

Quote:
Thoughts have a physical presence, though humans don't fully understand it all. Self-awareness would also have some sort of energy associated with it so would also have a form or structure.

Self awareness is mostly to do with being aware of one's own motions of mind, but I suggest this is a lot to do with the feel level and includes sensational awareness, but over all, as I see it as a sort of acute awareness of whats going on with one's self - I mean sensitivity of perception to how one is affected by the changing circumstances.

Quote:
It's similar to how scientists can look at images of the brain in real time and know if one is happy or sad etc. based on what their instruments are showing. Some sources state that out of the human body, "souls" or energy bodies have unique colors and structures of color. Like one "soul" may be blue shades with gold specks around the outer edges... while another may be green with violet tinges around the center. These differences in color correspond to differences in the beings.

It's like how if a human is angry, their brain will actually be physically different from one that is calm and peaceful. Our consciousness will also change how we appear and what we are on an energy level.

I think the colour thing pertains to auras, but I'm not so skilled in that kind of sight, and I operate on a feel level... like, the vibe, and this also keeps my levels of self awareness quite well grounded on what's going on with me, rather than the more outward sense of 'what's up with them'. I think this also prevents me from casting outward any strong judgments about anyone as I'm only dealing with my own realm of the senses.