Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 28-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Akaalis

Which is the problem with the majority of the Reiki community, its been very commercialized as a quick money scheme and even those whom are able develop Jing and Shen it is still quite difficult to develop those higher forms of energies in Reiki because there aren't really any high-level accomplished Masters in Reiki to guide and assist, just formally certified ones...via certificate piece of paper....

Those so-called "attunement" sessions performed on Reiki pupils are just for formality sake, nothing more.....
Old 28-03-2012, 09:32 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaalis
Which is the problem with the majority of the Reiki community, its been very commercialized as a quick money scheme and even those whom are able develop Jing and Shen it is still quite difficult to develop those higher forms of energies in Reiki because there aren't really any high-level accomplished Masters in Reiki to guide and assist, just formally certified ones...via certificate piece of paper....

Those so-called "attunement" sessions performed on Reiki pupils are just for formality sake, nothing more.....

So you have personally experienced each of the attunements of every reiki master to certify yourself worthy to judge them all?
Old 28-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Akaalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
So you have personally experienced each of the attunements of every reiki master to certify yourself worthy to judge them all?

I've actually watched an attunement session being done on someone by such a Reiki Master, the things and energies I seen emitted by the Reiki Master when compared to the energies that one can develop in those other genuine "High-Level orthodox cultivation ways(and from the energies I developed in my adopted system) were really indeed quite weak with very little power, sad to say.

At most Reiki is only good for healing and fitness, nothing more...

Last edited by Akaalis : 28-03-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 28-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Enya

Quote:
Well I'd disagree with that, going by my own experience but what interests me is that you seem to imply 'healing and fitness' is not enough of a goal in its own right. Healing takes many forms.
Old 28-03-2012, 11:33 PM
iolite

Quote:
I've actually watched an attunement session being done on someone by such a Reiki Master, the things and energies I seen emitted by the Reiki Master when compared to the energies that one can develop in those other genuine "High-Level orthodox cultivation ways(and from the energies I developed in my adopted system) were really indeed quite weak with very little power, sad to say.

I think that varies according to the reiki master and his/her attunement.
Old 29-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Akaalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Well I'd disagree with that, going by my own experience but what interests me is that you seem to imply 'healing and fitness' is not enough of a goal in its own right. Healing takes many forms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
I think that varies according to the reiki master and his/her attunement.

The person I watched the attunement being done on was actually a very close friend of mines, because we both were interested in spiritual things she tried very hard to get me to tag along with her in this huge Reiki seminar she was attending and so I went. This seminar was a combination of healing testimonials(which could sound quite miraculous to the ears of average person) and lecturing by various Reiki Masters on tips and techniques of how to enhance and practice better.

There were about around 1500 Reiki practitioners whom attended this conference and from looking at practitioners there, the degrees of radiance and light brilliance of each of the energies emitted varied from person to person. Some had brighter energies than others, some were actually horrifyingly dark and black(people I'd definitely not go near). But overall I really didn't see anyone whom possessed or developed any thing substantial in their Reiki practice, its as if all of them were on the same level, which really isn't that high to begin with.

I don't know maybe that conference were just for the ordinary mainstream Reiki practitioners(whom thought they were important but really don't know anything) and the conferences for the REAL high-level practitioners were held somewhere else at some sort of secret meeting place and whom could learn from those TRULY ascended masters...I really don't know. But all I do know is that I was kinda disappointed from what I seen there and not very impressed.

To be honest though my observation shouldn't matter, if you practice Reiki and you are very happy with it, then thats what I think matters most.
Old 29-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Rin

Quote:

All attunements are essentially self-attunements. The Reiki master cannot do anything for anyone if they are not willing to do it themselves.
Old 29-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Master
Fish How Reiki Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-k
How do I perfrm Reiki? I am quite a newbie. I have had a friend do Reiki on me and it was quite supurb. What do I need to accomplish in order to perform Reiki?

Hi special-k,

You need two things: 1) an open heart chakra, which allows you to enter the energy field of another person; and 2) a connection to the Source. Since the only way to connect to the Source is through the crown chakra*, if you are not able to begin to connect with the crown directly, you need to do it through a lineage to someone (who is on the earth plane or not) who can or through the reiki symbols. The image below is an analogy for this. Someone or the symbols are plugged into an infinite source of life force energy and you plug yourself into that as an extension. This is the idea of a lineage. The way you "plug yourself" into a lineage is through what are called "attunements". If you have the desire to make yourself an instrument of divine energy (and this is not something that comes from your own energy storage in the navel chakra but through the infinite stream of the crown chakra) and are sincere about this, you make yourself receptive to the attunement. If that person is truly plugged in, then higher energy will flow through them and into you and through you (through your heart or brow chakra) into the person you are reikiing - by using your power of intention. This is how it works. Beware of charletans who overcharge. The energy is free however I consider it reasonable to charge a fee for the person's time and expenses and to make a little profit. Reiki can and should be a way of life - we should all be instruments of divine energy and not our selfish egos!

*A technical detail here is that the crown chakra represents a stage of development of direct contact with infinity, although the Source can express through any one of the chakras which it does through the Sushumna nadi. This is a model for explaining the energy system and I'm using the language of this model. It can be described in a number of ways.
Old 29-03-2012, 07:22 AM
res

Quote:
I don't know maybe that conference were just for the ordinary mainstream Reiki practitioners(whom thought they were important but really don't know anything) and the conferences for the REAL high-level practitioners were held somewhere else at some sort of secret meeting place and whom could learn from those TRULY ascended masters...I really don't know.

Those that have reached spritual maturity recognise that each of us is important and extraordinary. There would be no masters if there were no stepping stones for people to learn different levels along the way. Each person has their place and as far as i am concerned there is no one high enough on this earth to judge anyone let alone take a condescending tone toward people that can not defend against accusations. Each of us is important although some have not yet tamed their ego and put them selves in class all of their own, unfortunately this is the class that fails the tests on ego and showing humility and supporting their brother/sister with a humanitarian heart.

There is a reason why those that are chasing such secret circles are not invited to them. There are also reasons why those that have true wisdom have no need to look for them.
Old 29-03-2012, 08:21 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Well the thing is Reiki is based on Ki(or Chi) energy, which is basically only "life force" energy. Such energy(from what I understand) doesn't really possess any penetrative power to begin with, its merely energy to sustain ones health. Its not "evolved" into higher forms of energy, and thus any dormant supernormal abilities inherent within the human body cannot be activated within the practice of Reiki. Thats why beyond the level of healing and fitness, Reiki is of very little use.

As I said, I know personally former practitioners of Reiki and even they themselves told me that the energies developed in Reiki aren't very substantial and are quite limited.
Although sometimes if im helping someone with lets say a sore arm or whatever. I sometimes take on or feel a little of whatever symptoms that they may have. It usually lasts for short duration.

I just hope that i don't get a little morning sickness. When trying to help relieve someone of that. Lol