Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
it's been a long time since i've read edgar cayce, but i remember him saying that the original language of the bible, the word 'change' literally meant our molecular structure would change.

mother earth is evolving spiritually. as are we. (or most of us. lol)

there will come a time when we will make that leap spiritually, becoming what we were meant to be.

i think cayce was the real deal, and his interpretation makes more sense than people being jerked up into 'heaven'.
Great post, your common sense and insight on Cayce is refreshing.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:47 PM
elisi

thanks. he had a very sensible interpretation of the bible.

for example; 'the 7 seals' were released. he said it was the chakras being opened.

the bible has been so misinterpreted, misunderstood, re-translated, censored, and added to, you have to be careful what you 'think' you understand.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
thanks. he had a very sensible interpretation of the bible.

for example; 'the 7 seals' were released. he said it was the chakras being opened.

the bible has been so misinterpreted, misunderstood, re-translated, censored, and added to, you have to be careful what you 'think' you understand.
Yes, I agree with all of the above. The Bible is a wonderful occult manuscript when read in that light, describing telepathy, initiation, and so forth.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Master
Yea but then again Edgar Cayce is the guy who said the world would see Atlantis rise again in 1968. He also saw Jesus coming back in 1998. He also said that Castor oil can pretty much cure anything.

I would take Cayce with a grain of salt. There is a lot of stuff on his youth when he studied occultism and metaphysics and science fiction in libraries. That kinda explains his weird predictions and slants on history.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:04 AM
elisi

first of all, many of the true prophets, cayce included, said prophecies are what 'could' happen, depending on humanity's consciousness. change is possible.

maybe the entire continent of atlantis did not emerge, but parts of it did. the bimini road appeared and jacque cousteau (sp?) on a dive, found the tip of a quartz crystal protruding a couple of feet from the ocean floor. when he went back on a later dive he could not find it. possibly due to storms, etc.

and perhaps jesus didn't come back as 'jesus' as in the 2nd coming, but simply reincarnated as someone else.

i guess it all depends on your personal interpretation and of course your beliefs.

you said he studied 'occultism'. the word occult simply means hidden or secret. and metaphysics and science fiction.

metaphysics is the study of the non-physical. do you not believe there is more than what you can see or touch?

i don't see how any of that is 'weird' but you're entitled to your opinion. :)
Old 02-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
it's been a long time since i've read edgar cayce, but i remember him saying that the original language of the bible, the word 'change' literally meant our molecular structure would change.

mother earth is evolving spiritually. as are we. (or most of us. lol)

there will come a time when we will make that leap spiritually, becoming what we were meant to be.

i think cayce was the real deal, and his interpretation makes more sense than people being jerked up into 'heaven'.

Since people leave this temporary material world all the time, without warning or indication, we ought to be able to see what is the greater reality, concerning, "Life".

Today, Physics agrees with the ancient teachings, about what is real, and what is illusory.
The Rapture is not about anyone being "jerked up", but about an instantaneous translation. In the, "twinkling of an eye", as is stated in scripture, by Paul.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
he studied occultism and metaphysics and science fiction in libraries. That kinda explains his weird predictions and slants on history.
Occultism and metaphysics is the "hidden spiritual content" behind such things as the allegorical stories in the Bible. I thought you were one of the few people on this forum with insight in that regard. Or did I misinterpret something?

Last edited by Baile : 02-06-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:31 AM
Knower

I have never had any type of faith in the bible and that started at my earliest ages. My family were Christians and I'd attend church, however, I just knew that it wasn't what or why we are here. As I got older I tried hard to see what others had seen in this, only to please my family, but I never did. I read the bible page for page and was left with a distaste in my mouth of it and since then I see it for what it truly is.
The heart of man is greedy and manipulative. Man will readily and eagerly stretch the truth for his own personal gains. These religions have dirty hands from the torture, murder, and suffer that they have caused throughout the years. This book I read had been written by man himself and it was mans intentions behind it, not no god. It was written to force the lesser people into living their life the way that man wanted them too, in fear. I assure all that this is not the course of our life, this is but a fairytale as fictional as the boogyman and it's only purpose was to scare the weak and poor into paying the rich money.

The rein of organized religions is coming to their conclusion and the end is nigh for Jesus and his made up God. I know this to be true. The churches can't demand anymore, they aren't even taught in the schools either. The church can no longer force people with fear into believing in it's truth-less tale. I have never in this existence seen a single shred of evidence that any part of this is real, not a single bit. I have only ever been told what my fellow man tells me and then I'm expected to believe. When you get right down to it, that's just ridiculous. That would be like my neighbor coming over to me and saying he seen a unicorn, does this mean I should automatically believe??

I do however believe and support each humans moral right to believe in whatever they desire. If you wish to make this your belief, then I wish you the absolute best. This is just my opinion on the topic and I meant no disrespect into anyone.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 AM
elisi

brobian

i say amen, brother! lol

seriously, the god of the bible sounds more like a man with human attributes. the creator i believe in is only love and harmony.

and he/she/it doesn't go around smiting people, wiping out whole cities, telling armies to ravage the women. you surely know what the word ravage means.

the biblical god condones violence.

(elisi gets down off her soap box......)
Old 03-06-2014, 05:30 AM
Master
I just have issues with Edgar Cayce. I find a lot of his prophecies not only inaccurate but his historical "past" readings to be atrocious. I used to be heavily into Edgar Cayce and believe me he was a great healer. That was his most potent gift. He could diagnosis people all the time.

What I mean by the occultism is that he didn't grasp these things purely from his readings. A lot of supporters tend to say, "Cayce was so orthodox in his life that there is no way he could know about John's Revelations pertaining to the chakras!"

I think it is very unlikely that Cayce knew nothing. There are several biographies where he wasn't a complete dope with big psychic powers.

Even Yogananda had writings already being published before and after Cayce's time giving details of John's Revelations and the New Testament.

There is even a book by Cayce's sons called, "The Outer Limits of Edgar Cayce" which makes you really question the man's psychic ability.

I know a lot of psychics known and unknown who don't really "care" for him.
He usually contradicted himself all the time.

He told one lady that all animals are impersonal energies. Then she told another persn they were group souls, then he told another lady that animal souls only travel in their species, then he told another person that her dog's soul travels with him and had been a lion, a monkey, and a bunch of other stuff. Then he told someone, "animals don't have a subconscious mind".

I could go on but I am too tired.

---

But I do prefer the spiritual and intuitional approach to the Bible and not the current modes. Obviously the OT God is being painted by Moses' own personal characteristics: Violent, angry, karmic, etc. The NT God is being envisioned by Jesus' characteristics: love, kindness, compassion, etc.

Not all prophets, Moses included, perfectly attune themselves to the Spirit 24/7. Sometimes imperfections and disruptive information passes through, and sometimes the seer taps into negative forces and not positive ones of God.