Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Thunderbird

Letting go can is about letting go of control. Don't mistake this with simply doing nothing, but more along the lines of paddle hard down the rapids sure but also allow the current to take you as well. Don't ignore other possibilities by trying to control the here and now. Sometimes the least obvious is the best direction.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM
CharleneMarie2712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangarus
I suppose that the concept of "letting go" is for most of you here an elementary process, but I find it very difficult to understand in a spiritual context. The only idea I can correlate to is literally letting go of an object i.e. dropping it. How do you apply such things to experiences? I don't think I can let go because I feel that my seemingly inhuman ability to recollect and remember things precludes that, I would have thought that letting go is a way of saying that you forget about something. But what is letting go if it isn't forgetting something? Could someone explain this "letting go" concept in spirituality to me in simple, relatively logic-based terms?

Thank you for your time.

Try to open your mind to understanding the concept. "Letting Go" is a physical concept of course, but letting go emotionally is a whole other idea, that is what relates to experiences. Letting go is accepting that possibly you cannot control the situation, freeing your mind from the torment that you put yourself in from the stress, anxiety and pain that the 'uncontrollable' aspect brings people. Forgetting about something in my eyes is loosing the ability to remember something, wich I find no fun, what is life is you cant learn and grow from your experiences, our mind blocks out the things we either need to or want to forget anyways.

"You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith and hope."
― Thomas Merton
Old 17-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Master
I need some insight on the concept "letting go"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangarus
I suppose that the concept of "letting go" is for most of you here an elementary process, but I find it very difficult to understand in a spiritual context. The only idea I can correlate to is literally letting go of an object i.e. dropping it. How do you apply such things to experiences? I don't think I can let go because I feel that my seemingly inhuman ability to recollect and remember things precludes that, I would have thought that letting go is a way of saying that you forget about something. But what is letting go if it isn't forgetting something? Could someone explain this "letting go" concept in spirituality to me in simple, relatively logic-based terms?

Thank you for your time.

Kangarus,

Here's a helpful illustration about "letting go", excerpted from another thread. Think about planting seeds in a vegetable garden.

Your idea (visualization) is the seed you plant into the "Ground of Your Being", or the SuperConscious Mind, in order for it, not YOU, to grow your desire into a perfect representative of its kind (the "bloom" of your experience of it). Every seed (i.e. every idea) is a COMPLETED pattern ALREADY!....each one waiting to be planted. Once visualized, i.e. im-planted (get it?), you must LET the "system" take complete control of everything required to manifest it into visible form. In short, you must "let go" of your desire, precisely like you must LEAVE THE SEED IN THE SOIL....in order for either to grow.

For a more expansive explanation, you may find the references equally helpful...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...756#post866756

http://whats-in-it-for-you.blogspot.com