Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Guide
When we begin the journey here upon this plane of existence we should complete that journey. Taking ones life would not be acceptable in that, the person could not have possibly fulfilled their purpose in being here to begin with. Embracing death is not the same as accepting defeat and ending our life. Spirit is affected. It is not an okay thing to do. Some people chose this path because they are lost in not knowing where their true path lies. Would it not make more sense to find that path and begin to travel it rather than giving up on this existence? Person's who wish to end their life in this plane of existence are in pain for some reason or another and in order to heal that pain they must face it and conquer it in order to move past it in this life and the ones that follow.

I hope this has been helpful.

Peace and Light be yours,
SC
Old 07-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxoid
So judging by all of your responses, suicide is more acceptable than society would lead one to believe? There is no reason to question it, fight it, or turn the other way. If an opportunity presents itself, and the circumstance seems to push one to do so, one should follow through and embrace the transformation that is death? Am I wrong to believe this? I don't care to hear about mental illnesses, only the truth. Is it really ok with spirit to take one's own life? If it is a journey of healing, why not everyone is pain embrace this ability to pass on upon will?

I trust you are not contemplating taking your own life, Noxoid?

When the fruit is ripe it will fall - and not before. Life can be very hard at times and sad, but through trials and tribulations the spirit grows.
The workings of the Spirit can be mysterious indeed at times, but there is sense and purpose to it all. Though we may not understand it at the time.

To take one's own life interferes with one's destiny. If there is some lesson to be learned or karmic debt to be repaid, by bailing out, you don't escape it. It still needs to learnt/settled.

We must stand our ground as best we can, no matter what Fate throws at us.

'Play up!, play up! and play the game.'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 07-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Experiencer

I have read and heard that those who commit suicide to escape will have to face the same situation again, only it will be harder. This doesn't refer to those who commit suicide to escape the end stages of a terminal illness, etc. I don't know if this is true. My son committed suicide 4 years ago. I have contacted him through evp (electronic voice phenomenon). One of the things he said, though not in response to my direct question, was "I have to do it again." I am only guessing that he was saying that he would have to have another life and face the same issues he faced in this one, only not commit suicide.

On the other hand, I contacted a psychic who said that my son was mentally ill. I didn't know that he was. I never experienced that he was. He was a very private person who kept his emotions and deepest thoughts to himself. I respected that. Not to do so would have felt like a violation on my part.

I am pretty sure that he suffered a great deal after he killed himself. I believe he saw the devastation he caused and it was very difficult for him to live with. The reason I think this is because my son was very sensitive. I also think this because of the effort he put in to speaking with me through evp and some of the things his friends in the spirit world said. I believe he isolated himself for a time after he died and this isolation was very, very painful. He had to face what he had done. I don't think he realized before he killed himself how much he would hurt others. I didn't know either. Being on the receiving end of his death, I couldn't believe how devastating it was. I could have never imagined it would be so.

One reason my son's death was so traumatic was that he had never shown signs of mental illness or any imbalance whatsoever. He was a gentle soul, but he graduated from high school without incident, went to a 2 year college and took a degree, got a job and worked full time. He didn't seem to have unresolvable problems. He was responsible. He seemed to be okay. The fact that he wasn't was such a surprise to us all that it made recovery from his death that much more difficult. If he had been able to open up, we would have helped him.

I think my son realizes now how much he hurt others and he sees how much he was loved. He committed suicide to escape but in the next world he had to see what he had done and there was no escape. I don't think it has been easy for him.

I don't think anyone punished him for what he has done, but I do think he himself saw the consequences of his action and it was very hard for him.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
I like to think they go to a special place where they can heal and review.Maybe find the peace that they seek.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Master
You'd have to be in a pretty rotten mood, wouldn't you?
Old 07-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
I have read and heard that those who commit suicide to escape will have to face the same situation again, only it will be harder. This doesn't refer to those who commit suicide to escape the end stages of a terminal illness, etc. I don't know if this is true. My son committed suicide 4 years ago. I have contacted him through evp (electronic voice phenomenon). One of the things he said, though not in response to my direct question, was "I have to do it again." I am only guessing that he was saying that he would have to have another life and face the same issues he faced in this one, only not commit suicide.

On the other hand, I contacted a psychic who said that my son was mentally ill. I didn't know that he was. I never experienced that he was. He was a very private person who kept his emotions and deepest thoughts to himself. I respected that. Not to do so would have felt like a violation on my part.

I am pretty sure that he suffered a great deal after he killed himself. I believe he saw the devastation he caused and it was very difficult for him to live with. The reason I think this is because my son was very sensitive. I also think this because of the effort he put in to speaking with me through evp and some of the things his friends in the spirit world said. I believe he isolated himself for a time after he died and this isolation was very, very painful. He had to face what he had done. I don't think he realized before he killed himself how much he would hurt others. I didn't know either. Being on the receiving end of his death, I couldn't believe how devastating it was. I could have never imagined it would be so.

One reason my son's death was so traumatic was that he had never shown signs of mental illness or any imbalance whatsoever. He was a gentle soul, but he graduated from high school without incident, went to a 2 year college and took a degree, got a job and worked full time. He didn't seem to have unresolvable problems. He was responsible. He seemed to be okay. The fact that he wasn't was such a surprise to us all that it made recovery from his death that much more difficult. If he had been able to open up, we would have helped him.

I think my son realizes now how much he hurt others and he sees how much he was loved. He committed suicide to escape but in the next world he had to see what he had done and there was no escape. I don't think it has been easy for him.

I don't think anyone punished him for what he has done, but I do think he himself saw the consequences of his action and it was very hard for him.

I just wanted to express my sympathy for your loss Dee47 and to express my gratitude for you sharing your experience with us. I know that it must have been difficult and your strength is inspiring. Thank you again.

May you have peace and light,
SC
Old 07-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxoid
So judging by all of your responses, suicide is more acceptable than society would lead one to believe? There is no reason to question it, fight it, or turn the other way. If an opportunity presents itself, and the circumstance seems to push one to do so, one should follow through and embrace the transformation that is death? Am I wrong to believe this? I don't care to hear about mental illnesses, only the truth. Is it really ok with spirit to take one's own life? If it is a journey of healing, why not everyone is pain embrace this ability to pass on upon will?

Instead of looking at it as a right or wrong issue see it as a cause and effect issue. We are not sent to hell for committing suicide but though we may think we are solving a problem we are actually just running away from our issues but the issues do not go away just because we committed suicide. We will still have to learn the lesson only the next attempt may find us in a more difficult scenario than the one we just faced. Not to mention we may have to atone to those we had commitments to or hurt deeply with our passing. That said, it is a learning experience for those who suffer the loss as well possibly karmic. But from my own personal experience when I went through a bout of very severe depression and had thoughts of suicide what I shown was I would very dearly regret making that choice. I also learned that bad, painful, overwhelming emotions are very hard to tolerate but they can't destroy us. So if you or someone you know is contemplating suicide as a way to stop the pain encourage them to try and ask what it is they are supposed to learn from their difficulties, try to decipher the root cause for the suffering, attempt to work towards healing it and they will find true freedom.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Experiencer

Thank you, SC. I don't think that anyone who hasn't experienced the loss of a loved one through suicide really "gets it." (Sorry for the double negative in that sentence.) I didn't "get it" before my son's death. I guess I wanted to make real what "the impact on others" means. It wasn't hard for me to post this, however. I've had four years of dealing with this and it's no longer as bad as it was. I haven't, however, told people at work how my son died because there is a stigma attached to suicide and I didn't want to deal with that--not with them. Those close to me, however, know the whole story, as much as I do. They have been supportive.

I am not the only one who has suffered because of my son's death. His father suffered, his aunt...so very many people. Suicide is a rock thrown into a pond. All the ripples created are the consequences. They go on and on. You think you're making life better for yourself when you commit suicide, but you're not.

Is my son okay, now? Yes. It's true he's in a better place, too. But I'm pretty sure he regrets his action.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator
I am so sorry for your loss dee47. He is in a better place. Did he say anything else?

I think that Suicide impacts more then we know. I knew people who have taken this path. I did a lot of thinking about it. after I was done with high school. schools started having the counseling for students.

I also think the we impact more than we know.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I think it is quite offensive for a psychic to claim that anyone is mentally ill. They are not medical professionals and should never be making such diagnosis's.

That said I have read from a couple places that also agree with what your son said through EVP. That suicide causes the person to come back to earth and do it again. I have even heard some people say that it happens right away and the soul does not get a break..

A troubled individual can hide it really well, that they are indeed facing a tough time. Not many people are aware of it. And sadly, when they do know it. It's usually too late. There are some tell tale signs that some exhibit, but not all of them. The loss of anyone to something such as suicide can be felt through a lot of people. From family, to friends, to even co workers. Sometimes we are people are not aware how many lives we affect. Sometimes we just don't really notice it. That in itself can have a lasting impression on a soul. After all, that is something they now have to carry with them for years after they cross over. It can be quite a burden to know one has hurt someone on such a level without meaning to do it.