Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2006, 04:07 AM
mrpoopoohead

Smile

Recently I have been trying to get out of my stream of thought and focus on the present, but whenever I try to do this I can feel my brain tighten and start to hurt. This also happens when i try relaxation techniques and focus on my breathing. Has anyone ever had this or know why it happens? For now i'm going to keep breathing and see if it eventually goes away. Thanks for any help.

jimmy
Old 23-06-2006, 10:15 AM
dreamer

Hi Jimmy,

this is all good, I have experienced the same, it is just your brain reordering itself so that you can have eternal happiness. Relax and allow nature to take its course and you will see the benifits tangibly very soon. The whole time you have this pressure you are protected. A good book is Prometheus rising and i would recommend the secret dvd website link on the first post of the secret thread in the film section of this forum.

All the best to ya, I promise it is nothing to worry about though.
Old 26-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Master
Nice post dreamer, says it all really. Stick with it mrpooohead, the meditation is setting in motion changes and that is good, thats what you want.
Old 28-06-2006, 02:46 PM
AL

meditation

We are always meditating. Med is thinking. Being a point of invisible light.Thinking certain thoughts which resonate with the true self. The true self is peace. That which we search for out there in the world, yet, it was within us all the time, unlimited Peace is the natural state and religion of the human soul. This therefore is the aim and object of meditation. It should be simple and natural and easy, we don, t have to jump through hoops and over asault courses to get it. It is already there beneath the layers of experience on this earth over many lives. Expand the book ends of eternity.
There are other approaches where the individual just wants to relax without going deep in any way, you can lie in a hot bath and do that.
More later.
peace.
Old 28-06-2006, 09:30 PM
dreamer

I like your posts Al, here's to relaxation/acceptance/surrender, the waking meditation of being in this moment, of loving this life, of living this dream as it is moment by moment, nothing more nothing less.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:40 PM
AL

Let Go

CHEERS BRO.
As the human soul is pure by nature, deep down, we really just need to let go.
The process?
KNOWLEDGE- EXPERIENCE- REALISATION.
wHEN WE GET THE KNOWLEDGE OF BEING A SPIRITUAL POINT OF CONSCIOUSNESS, WE THEN KNOW WHAT TO EXPERIENCE. eXPERIENCE OF THIS KNOWLEDGE BRING S REALISATION.
SIMPLY LET GO, AND DON' T TRY TOO HARD.
EVERYTHING I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE AND THE WORLD AROUND ME TO BE, IS DONE THROUGH THOUGHTS. THOUGHTS ARE INVISIBLE. SO, I AM INVISIBLE.
EXPERIENCE THIS KNOWLEDGE ALWAYS AND IT WILL BECOME REAL, REALISATION.
PEACE IS THE ORIGINAL NATURE OF I THE SOUL.
SIMPLY LET GO.
Old 19-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpoopoohead
Recently I have been trying to get out of my stream of thought and focus on the present, but whenever I try to do this I can feel my brain tighten and start to hurt. This also happens when i try relaxation techniques and focus on my breathing. Has anyone ever had this or know why it happens? For now i'm going to keep breathing and see if it eventually goes away. Thanks for any help.

jimmy

Mr poopoohead, maybe, as your name suggests, you've got sh*t on your mind?

No, sorry. It's an energy blockage... Have you been for any Reiki or similar? With someone who understands the bodies energy system and knows how to clear blockages? Maybe even a good acupuncturist?

I would love to suggest seeing a Shaman, as they can solve anything, but that would mean travelling to South America or similar!

The mind "tearing away" from what it's energy is telling it to do is creating the discomfort. Energy imprints in our spirit and our soul drive our thoughts and emotions, so if there's an energy there that's causing your thoughts to drop, then clearing it will solve the problem.

If you don't have the means or inclination to see anyone, try and ask (with a sincere and positive intent - which is important) for beings "of the higher realms" (wording is also important) to clear your energy of any blockages of negative energies that are giving you physical discomfort.

They will only do what they can, but it's worth a try.

Also do this in meditation. A meditation that involves filling yourself up with white light and love energy? You'll have to sit there peaceful for about 15 minutes, grinning like a cheshire cat, stopping yourself from thinking negatively! - or thinking about anything to that matter! - but it's important to remain vibrational, as they will need to come close.

If you need any help, give us a shout.

All the best

AM
Old 20-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Master
Whilst I agree with evrything AM (above) says, I would like to offer another alternative.
I believe what you are experiencing is quite simply the ego manifesting a distraction. It is a classic response. You are doing a wonderful thing Mr poopoohead, you are trying to meditate and trying to control your thoughts during the day, this comes under the subject of control of awareness. It means you are pushing yourself control and taking responsibilty for your thoughts, this is a big thing and the mind/ego will rebel against it.
The meditation AM suggested above will help but also, in conjunction with this, DO NOT give up trying to control your thought stream, push through, be determined, smile, do not get angry but show a an inner indomitable strength, refuse to be held back and warmly lovingly strongly, keep contorl of your thoughts and do not be put off by these sensations, this is a watershed a battle line and you can and will win.

Good luck
Old 21-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Glorymist

Nice touch, Peteyzen.

:->
Old 21-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Bob23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpoopoohead
Recently I have been trying to get out of my stream of thought...

Here's a couple of quotes that may help:~

"Very often when we come to spirituality, even when it's supposedly all about waking up from this story of me, it morphs into it's own new version of this same story, focused now on how successfully I'm waking up, how well I'm meditating, whether I'm enlightened or not. Oddly enough, this me that we're so concerned about may be nothing more than a kind of mirage or mental image, the central character in a movie story generated by thinking, nothing real at all." Joan Tollifson.

"If all there is is Consciousness, if there is only Consciousness, then why or for what are you still seeking? If there is only Consciousness then right now you must be That and every thing else that appears in and as awareness must also be That, including any sense of separate self. Any appearance of mundane, ordinary existence can be no less of Consciousness than any appearance of unconditional love, wholeness, bliss, stillness, silence or anything else. Does anything really need to be transcended, found or let go of?" Nathan Gill.

"In meditation it seems possible, through apparent choice and guidance, to reach certain states of stillness or bliss which seem better than feeling separate. The belief is that continuous effort with meditation will solidify the state and eventually make it permanent. But these states are only refined personal experiences happening within the dream-story. So like all other time-based activities they come and go away." Tony Parsons

Closed Thread