Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-11-2011, 08:32 PM
NirvanaGirl

Thank you Juanita, i always wanted to know if they where close to us & aware of what was going on in our lives, makes me so much happier to imagine they might look down on me from time to time.
Old 15-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Some who are fearful, frightened, or uncertain may stay behind & not continue w/ their journey, but this only applies to a small %. As we have abundant help every step of our journey most people are entirely comfortable w/ continuing their journey.

Our reincarnation is a VOLUNTARY process.

small percentage im not so sure of that.. it seems like alot of souls on different levels...

yeah i think we go around about being on a voluntary basis.. i believe the soul knows the ultimate goal and it takes many life times to get there... why or what experience leads you to believe its a voluntary basis?

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 17-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Coming2

From my own experiences I can say that they are very much aware of us and yes they can come anytime they want to see you but like someone else mentioned, they might not want to or have already moved into their next life. If some of things I have read and heard from others are right we all still maintain a piece of ourselves in the afterlife at all times. I have communed with souls who choose to stay earthbound because their family is hurting and suffering. They want them to find some kind of peace and they try to help them before they move on. Others might come back and check on their loved ones. Ultimately they have to move forward though for their own growth. If they stay stuck here they become confused as time moves on and they might forget why they were here to begin with so it is in their best interest to move on.

As far as reincarnation being voluntary I completely agree!! I was told during my life between lives regression that we can choose to stay in the afterlife if we want to. The only problem with that is that we do not grow and learn. If we desire to become closer to the Creator we have to evolve and the only way to do that is to reach higher states of being. From what I know we can only do that through experience and experience comes from living on this plane or other planes.
Old 18-11-2011, 08:40 PM
bagua7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirvanaGirl
My first being, when one passes away are they fully aware of the loved ones they have just left behind?

I think those experiences are simply constructions of the ego, too afraid of losing its identity.
Old 19-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Guide
NirvanaGirl,

Are they able to visit us right away, or does this take some time?

This question in particular caught my attention. It is my belief that spirits can visit those of us who are open to them. For instance, if it would be a comfort for someone to see a dead relative and they had the ability to receive a visit, then it is possible that someone may visit. However, that same dead relative would not visit someone with whom a visit would be upsetting.

You could relate it this way; If you have a close friend who has suffered some trauma and has ask for sometime to get her thoughts together, would you barge in and demand for her to see you? Of course not. You would wait until she was ready for visitors, offering her your support in anyway possible. It is the same with the spirit realm really.

You questions were by no means silly. Most of us have ask similar questions on our journey to enlightenment.

Blessed Be
SpiritCarrier
Old 19-11-2011, 06:03 PM
mac

"Are they able to visit us right away, or does this take some time?"

This question in particular caught my attention. It is my belief that spirits can visit those of us who are open to them. Why wouldn't they visit those who aren't open? Comfort works both ways and the discarnate may draw comfort even though their incarnate relative can't.... For instance, if it would be a comfort for someone to see a dead relative and they had the ability to receive a visit, then it is possible that someone may visit. really? Many folks are totally spooked at the thought of what they think of as ghosts, even though they're no such thing.... However, that same dead relative would not visit someone with whom a visit would be upsetting. How could a discarnate family member know how their relative would react?

You could relate it this way; If you have a close friend who has suffered some trauma and has ask for sometime to get her thoughts together, would you barge in and demand for her to see you? Of course not. You would wait until she was ready for visitors, offering her your support in anyway possible. It is the same with the spirit realm really. Well actually it isn't...Transdimensional communication isn't as simple a choice as that. Just learning to make contact across an invisible barrier between physical and etheric is just one thing makes the situation so very different. Ask a medium about that, someone used to acting as the go-between where BOTH parties seek contact. Even when that's the case communication can still be very hard and imprecise.

You questions were by no means silly. Most of us have ask similar questions on our journey to enlightenment.

Blessed Be
SpiritCarrier
Old 19-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Guide
Mac,

While I respect your opinion on this matter I do disagree. Thank you though for sharing another opinion. I would like to address one question that you brought up, How could a discarnate family member know how their relative would react? If they are a family member I would hope that they would know how we feel on a number of subjects, including how we would react to speaking with them. I am not suggesting that communication with a spirit is easy at all I am simply stating that we have to have the ability to receive the message and we have to be open to it. Thank you again your insights have been enlightening.

Blessed Be
SpiritCarrier
Old 19-11-2011, 09:10 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
Mac,

While I respect your opinion on this matter I do disagree. Thank you though for sharing another opinion. I would like to address one question that you brought up, How could a discarnate family member know how their relative would react? If they are a family member I would hope that they would know how we feel on a number of subjects, including how we would react to speaking with them. I am not suggesting that communication with a spirit is easy at all I am simply stating that we have to have the ability to receive the message and we have to be open to it. Thank you again your insights have been enlightening.

Blessed Be
SpiritCarrier

Hoping that something might be so doesn't provide a general answer, only a hope, a wish perhaps....

I welcome your further response but I haven't actually expressed my personal opinion - I simply broadened the perspective, considered alternatives.

It's easy to become too closely identified with any situation and at such times it's sometimes difficult to get a clear view of the wood for the trees.

Of course what you've now said is logical but it's not what you said in your earlier contribution.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Guide
Mac,

Please excuse me for thinking the thoughts you wrote were your opinion, one does not usually question anothers opinions with mere speculation.

1. Why wouldn't they visit those who aren't open?
2. really?
3. How could a discarnate family member know how their relative would react?

Lets see then there was the misinterpretation of my statement about the friend. While I did make that statement a little simplified that BOTH have to want the communication.
Perhaps you missed the beginning of my statement when I say:
"if it would be a comfort for someone to see a dead relative and they had the ability to receive a visit."

This is what I said in the original post and while it was logical then it remains so. But thank you for being so interested in my statements without revealing any personal opinions of your own. Perhaps that is a trick I must endeavor to put into practice on this site.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:52 PM
mac

SpiritCarrier

Mac,

Please excuse me for thinking the thoughts you wrote were your opinion, one does not usually question anothers opinions with mere speculation. Don't be concerned - many misunderstand what I write as being my opinion(s). On matters spiritual I hold very few personal opinions or viewpoints and when expressing them I say so.

1. Why wouldn't they visit those who aren't open?
2. really?
3. How could a discarnate family member know how their relative would react?

Lets see then there was the misinterpretation of my statement about the friend. While I did make that statement a little simplified that BOTH have to want the communication.
Perhaps you missed the beginning of my statement when I say:
"if it would be a comfort for someone to see a dead relative and they had the ability to receive a visit." No I didn't miss the beginning, middle or the end - I read it all. There were other issues I could have directly challenged but didn't.

This is what I said in the original post and while it was logical then it remains so. It's some of what you posted, not all of it, and context is important.... But thank you for being so interested in my statements without revealing any personal opinions of your own. Perhaps that is a trick I must endeavor to put into practice on this site. My pleasure - I like to hear others' beliefs. But there is no trick. I don't often speak from a personal perspective, rarely express personal views unless they're on issues such as politics, education, healthcare etc - the stuff of everyday life. I do ask a lot of questions and some think it's because I don't know about certain subjects. But mostly it's to try to broaden the perspective, to show that issues may impact in different ways for different individuals.

I'm always open to anyone pointing out why anything I say may be wrong.