Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Deactivated Account
What if the world you see, with the bodily eyes, is actually the state of your Mind ?
Then somehow you get in the Body and thinking that you are it and moving around this world ?

How would you define death in this case ?
Old 23-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Master
I might define it as "the death of your mind."
Old 23-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Personally, I have a hard time connecting with this theory. It does not resonate with me, but that's just my subjective consciousness at work here.

If I'm entertaining this theory though, I would pose the following questions. Are these infinite numbers of 'you' equally conscious/aware in those realities as you are right now in this particular reality we are communicating in? If so, why would your consciousness/awareness 'transfer' to any other 'you' in these other realities when you experience physical death in this one? Those other units of 'you' are already conscious/aware and living out those experiences in those realities... So I don't understand why there is any need for this to happen nor why there would be a mechanism by which you would suddenly jump to or merge with some specific other realities (how would it be determined?). Also, if another version of 'you' dies in another reality, is it merging with the 'you' that's still living out this current reality? If so, how would that be experienced (what would it feel like)? Lastly, what happens when all of these physical vessels of 'you' in these various realities expire (die) and can no longer support Consciousness? Where does it go then and what would that last remaining 'death' experience be like?

I know language is limiting when it comes to conveying complex thoughts & concepts. That being said, it feels a bit contradictory when you suggest that the current version of 'you' goes away and simply no longer exists - then shortly after you state that 'you' are continuing on experiencing another version of yourself. What is the distinction between these two you's being referenced? What is it that is transfering/switching from one reality to the next? Consciousness? Is there a lack of Consciousness in those other realities, some vacancy that needs to be filled?

(Just want to be clear Dutchie that you do not have to actually address or attempt to answer my questions... I'm simply expressing here how my thought-process works when it comes to testing/challenging proposed theories from my current understanding/awareness)

P.S. - scientist Robert Lanza (author of the theory of Biocentrism) was publicly speaking about this same idea/notion a couple years ago in relation to quantum theory. You may be interested in some of his comments and/or presentations:
https://www.sott.net/article/271933-...verse-at-death

I am wondering - have you spent much time familiarizing yourself with the Thanatology / NDE literature that is out there and available for exploration & contemplation? Individuals in the 'out of body' state specifically during NDE's frequently report an awareness that their physical body has been left behind and discarded. It's not uncommon for there to be an awareness of 'death' present, and the individual does not want to return to his/her physical body & human lifetime. Such reported experiences to me would speak against the notion of having no awareness that physical death has transpired. Also, the often recounted 'Life Review' experience suggests that there is a higher process in place whereby the physical lifetime that was just experienced is then consciously evaluated & reflected upon. If this is indeed what happens when the Conscious energy leaves the physical body behind, this would not seem to support the notion of of instantaneously transferring/switching/merging with other versions of 'you' in other physical realities (human lifetimes)... Some individuals in the NDE state report consciously experiencing other dimensional realms too. To be conscious (aware) of these very unique experiences seems to suggest that there is much more going on during the 'death process' than some might otherwise suspect...

i believe you may be misunderstanding what im saying, when i say you "transfer" to another version of your self, i do not mean that in the literal sense, think about it, "you" is your conscious/awarness, thats what gives you the the very concept of who "you" are, without conscious or awareness, you would not know that you exist...
so the best way i can explain this is by guiding you through a visual thought for a moment, its very simple but you will have to use your imagination to understand this concept..
remember, this idea is based on the notion that there is multiple realities that you exist in.
so, lets imagine that your crossing a road, you walk across the road with no harm coming to you, you simply continue on your way to where ever you were going.
now, lets throw in the theory of multiple realities into play, this theory suggest that somewhere, in some other reality, while walking across that same road, you end up getting hit and killed by a car.
now, what do you think it would be like if this happened?
the version of "you" who crossed the road safely is not aware of the reality in which you were hit and killed, thus, to that version of "you" it never happened, you will have no memory of such a event ever happening.
so if the "you" that died simply stops existing at death, then "you" are now a different version of yourself.keep in mind that "you" are still "you" no matter which reality your in.you seem to be assuming i meant that "you" literally transfer to another self in a alternate reality, this is not the case, in fact, its more precise to say that at death, your gone, you exist no longer in that current reality in which you died in, this means there is no memory of ever dieing, the "you" which died is no more, how ever, there is still more of "you" that has not been killed, thus, the other "you's" continue on with life as if nothing happened.
so you dont go anywhere, you dont get to bring your memories into a alternate reality in that which you never existed in, instead, you vanish into a void of nothingness.
dont get me wrong, i am not saying that this is what happens at death, i am merly giving my speculation on what it would be like to die if the theory of alternate realities is true.
Old 23-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for the additional explanation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
-so if the "you" that died simply stops existing at death

-you vanish into a void of nothingness.

Question, how do you reckon the Conscious Energy (Awareness) that was experiencing that lifetime 'stops existing' or 'vanishes'? What was the higher purpose behind it being present in the first place?

Quote:
dont get me wrong, i am not saying that this is what happens at death, i am merly giving my speculation on what it would be like to die if the theory of alternate realities is true.

Understood... Thanks
Old 23-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Thanks for the additional explanation...

Question, how do you reckon the Conscious Energy (Awareness) that was experiencing that lifetime 'stops existing' or 'vanishes'? What was the higher purpose behind it being present in the first place?

Understood... Thanks

lol...the situations i have discribed do not involved the "theory" that conscious energy exist or if it can be created or destroyed, you are still missing the bigger picture my friend.
if i were to imagine what death is like while keeping in mind the concept that your conscious is ever lasting and cant be destroyed, then my speculation would be that we literally detach from our body at death and continue to exist in some other form of existance without the need of our physical body.
allow me to point out again that this is only speculation of what it would be like to die if certain theories were true.

this post is not aimed to prove or disprove anything at all, the purpose of this post is the give critical thought to the notion of death by looking at death from different perspectives and point of views.

maybe im just really, really bad with using words to properly explain deep rooted complex thoughts @.@

also, i was just reading a article about how a team of scientist have proved life after death by using drugs to kill a person for 20 mins and then filter out the drugs and resesitate the person back to life without causing any damage to the body, they said out of the 500 participants, nearly all of them repported simular experiences of existing out of the body, one of the scientist talked about the very concept of multiple realities that i just spoke of, she said

"Lanza believes that multiple universes can exist simultaneously. These universes contain multiple ways for possible scenarios to occur. In one universe, the body can be dead. And in another it continues to exist, absorbing consciousness which migrated to this universe."

this may explain my concepts better then what i can.
Old 23-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Master

Consciousness never dies and it is interrelated with love which never dies. We just continue as we are at a higher vibration where we are more true to ourselves. We have a physical body, emotional body and spiritual body and we move through them when the vibration is higher. Our higher self or spiritual body is the same thing. This is where we are true to ourselves and our hearts take over.
Old 23-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
lol...the situations i have discribed do not involved the "theory" that conscious energy exist or if it can be created or destroyed, you are still missing the bigger picture my friend.

Hmm your theory/thinking does not include and allow for Conscious Energy existing? Well that makes this even more confusing for me then, lol... In your recent post you made a comment about "you vanish into a void of nothingness"... I would ask, what is it exactly is it that is doing the 'vanishing' here?

Quote:
maybe im just really, really bad with using words to properly explain deep rooted complex thoughts @.@

Perhaps...

Quote:
"Lanza believes that multiple universes can exist simultaneously. These universes contain multiple ways for possible scenarios to occur. In one universe, the body can be dead. And in another it continues to exist, absorbing consciousness which migrated to this universe."

this may explain my concepts better then what i can.

The distinction here between what you're suggesting and what Lanza is proposing is is that Lanza is speaking of Consciousness (Conscious Energy) detaching from the physical body that has died and then merging/joining with another version of 'you' that is still physically alive in a parallel universe... In Lanza's theory, Consciousness is fundamental...
Old 23-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Experiencer
3rd dimension: where are now
4th dimension: where you go when you die until you 'move on'
5th dimension: mental plane, when you dream you can simply 'think' something to happen. Also refer to Ascension

When you die, it is leaving your physical body behind.
Your soul goes to the fourth dimension, the astral plane..sort of a libido, it is the fourth dimension.
Depends on the individual, but you can linger here for a day, or years (of course time there is different, nonexistent).
The second death is from the astral plane to the mental plane. When this happens you move on. You decide to ascend to a higher dimension, reincarnate back to earth, ect.
Old 23-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Consciousness never dies and it is interrelated with love which never dies. We just continue as we are at a higher vibration where we are more true to ourselves. We have a physical body, emotional body and spiritual body and we move through them when the vibration is higher. Our higher self or spiritual body is the same thing. This is where we are true to ourselves and our hearts take over.

ok, that may be true, how ever, it does not change the purpose of this post....
siiigh, i think i give up, i will no longer attempt to share my thoughts :(
Old 23-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian
3rd dimension: where are now
4th dimension: where you go when you die until you 'move on'
5th dimension: mental plane, when you dream you can simply 'think' something to happen. Also refer to Ascension

When you die, it is leaving your physical body behind.
Your soul goes to the fourth dimension, the astral plane..sort of a libido, it is the fourth dimension.
Depends on the individual, but you can linger here for a day, or years (of course time there is different, nonexistent).
The second death is from the astral plane to the mental plane. When this happens you move on. You decide to ascend to a higher dimension, reincarnate back to earth, ect.
maybe thats true, how ever, that is not relevant to my post at all.
also, there is no way to know if your assumptions are correct until you acually die and see for yourself, sure, when i astral project, i have experiences that imply the concepts you speak of, but at the same time, my mind is not so narrow that i do away with all other possibilities simply because my projections seem to say other wise.
gg's guys, i will no longer share thoughts and imaginative concepts of deep intellectual thought experiments, it seems most are not ready to listen or understand the moral and points.

gg's, im going crawl under my rock now @.@ :(