Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 03-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Master
It is said that Jesus was a drunkard also but of course no one wants to believe that lol.

Matthew 11:19 (King James Version)

19The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
It is said that Jesus was a drunkard also but of course no one wants to believe that lol.

Matthew 11:19 (King James Version)

19The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

I'm far from a biblical scholar but wouldn't that have meant that if he's son of man (a God), and obviously he was a man and not a god (to them) so they jeered and scoffed at him because (heh) He was just like them, he ate and drank to stay alive and was common, being a 'friend of publicans and sinners..."(?) not necessarily that he was a drunkard?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I'm far from a biblical scholar but wouldn't that have meant that if he's son of man (a God), and obviously he was a man and not a god (to them) so they jeered and scoffed at him because (heh) He was just like them, he ate and drank to stay alive and was common, being a 'friend of publicans and sinners..."(?) not necessarily that he was a drunkard?
Yes that's one way of looking at it and probably most would prefer to see it that way for the reason that they have put Jesus on a pedestal, but also it does say that he was seen as a gluttonous which must mean that he really over did it, also they say that .he was a winebibber which means a person given to drinking much or too much wine, so really the verse is saying more or less, he loved he's drink ?. But I do have to add that I love hearing stories about Jesus when he is made to be like the guy down the road, it sounds more like a real story and not a fairy tale lol.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:28 AM
harley's mum

HELLO AGAIN PERSPECTIVE...
IF YOU DON'T MIND FORUM I WILL JUMP IN ON THIS ONE...
LIKE YOGA ZEN IS ANOTHER CLOSE TO THE HEART
FOR THOSE THAT KNOW NOT I USUALLY SUM IT UP AS THIS
ZEN THOUGHT IS THE PLANTING OF A SEED
AND WITH TIME THE SEED WITH GROW AND THE THOUGHT WILL BECOME YOU... ZEN USES STORIES PARABLES AND EXAMPLES IN VERY SIMPLISTIC AND VISUAL TERMS SO THAT A DEEP THOUGHT/MESSAGE CAN BE PLANTED... AND AS FOR THE PHYSICAL ABUSE THAT IS SOMETHING I DO NOT AGREE WITH AND IT IS NOT A ZEN THING NECESSARILY IT IS A METHOD USED BY SOME "TEACHERS" TO GET THE STUDENTS ATTENTION AND IS THE SAME AS SCHOOL TEACHERS IN THE WEST USED TO CARRY CANES AND WHACK YOU....WHEN I USED TO DO THE TAROT I WOULD USE THE ZEN SEED PLANTING AS PART OF THE SUBLIMINAL WORK...!
AND AS FOR THE SPONTONAITY THIS IS THE ULTIMATE BEING HERE NOW AND IS A SELF GENERATION WHICH REQUIRES NO OUTSIDE HELP OR INFLUENCE AND IS VERY "ZEN" WHICH IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM IMPULSIVE WHICH IS A SUDDEN IMPELLING FORCE AND IS PREVALENT IN THE RE-ACTIVE PERSONALITY TYPE...NOT THE ACTIVE PERSONALITY TYPE OF BEING SPONTANEOUS IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENTATION AND YES IT IS SUBTLE BUT AS I SAID IN MY SHIVA STORY THE CONCISE AND PRECISE USE OF LANGUAGE ...!!!

AND SPEAKING OF BOOKS
"ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE"
I HAVE RECOMMENDED THIS BOOK THOUSANDS OF TIMES IS A MUST MUST READ AND CAN BE RE-READ AND RE-READ AND GIVEN AS GIFTS ETC...

TO PRE-DAWN AND SAMANA AND OTHERS... THERE IS ANOTHER THOUGHT THAT I GIVE OUT AND USED TO BE ALMOST A PRE-RECORDED MESSAGE WHEN EVERYBODY INCLUDING OPRAH WAS DOING THE "DEEPAK CHOPRA SAID THIS AND DEEPAK CHOPRA SAID THAT BLAH BLAH" THE WORDS HE PUT OUT MADE HIM A LOT OF MONEY BUT... THEY WERE UNIVERSAL KNOWLEDGE AND CAN BE FOUND BY ANYBODY SO INCLINED IF THEY TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE GITA AND READ THE UPANISHADS ETC AND SORRY FORUM DON'T WANT TO FALL INTO THREAD HYJACKING WILL END THERE..
"IT IS THE MESSAGE...NOT THE MESSANGER"
Old 09-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Experiencer
For those of you who are interested in having friendly discussions with Zen practitioners, Zen teachers, and newbies ( and I think there's an Alan Watts thread too) check out Zen Forum International

http://www.zenforuminternational.org/