Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Newbie ;)

A difficult life and dementia

Hello all. I was wondering about my mum that passed about 6 weeks ago if she was happy and understood what happened with passing.
I know this may sound strange but only near her death did we find out that she had a rare type of dementia that then explained a lot of her unusual personality as we were growing up.
It worries me that her life was so difficult and I am also feeling guilty about my treatment towards her as I kept my distance as I got older as I felt I could not take the way she was sometimes.
I just assumed it was her personality and now realise she was struggling so long with this disease and depression that it must have been awful to be like that.
My mum was always saying her life was hell and she always had bad luck and now I feel that she was right!!
What I want to ask is, is she angry about her life here? Did she choose this outcome before reincarnating? and if so, for what purpose?
My sister, brother and I were with her when she died and the saddest thing I felt when she went was that her life was horrible! and I felt she had been cheated!
Any views would be appreciated
Old 11-07-2011, 07:23 AM
primrose

I hope you get some replies from someone more knowlagable then me, I went through the same thing with my dad, back then we did'nt know so much about dementia, he started acting wierd in his fifties, anyway, now your mom has passed she'll be made to understand why she went through what she did.
I've read that we choose our existance before re-incarnating, the reasons are soul based. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks Primrose. Sorry to hear you went through the same with your dad. It really is horrible and I never knew there were types of dementia that can occur from age 40 onwards. If my mum had gone to the GP I am sure they would have just given her anti-depressants anyways so this disease is so often misdiagnosed.
It is hard to understand why there is so much suffering with all the mental health and disabilities that people suffer...I am just a bit confused by it all and am having trouble making sense of it all...Hopefully someone out there will offer some insight?..Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Master
There are so many types of dementia that the medical field is very unaware of. As a nurse I've seen many types of dementia, people think dementia is alzheimers...not exactly true.
I'm wondering if I understand your question about her passing. I always feel that at the time of death, someone with dementia knows what's going on. Sometimes if someone with dementia suddenly becomes lucid I think to myself "oh they're going to pass soon" and about 99 percent I'm right. Yes, your mom is okay with her passing, she's on the other side now and she's okay, pray for her and she's okay I promise, I really believe that, remember there is no disease in heaven.
Spiritlite.'