Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 16-12-2014, 03:14 PM
dbarcus

Wondering about Reiki....

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the Chakra thread....

I've have this muscle tension in my neck and shoulder area for years (long before smart phones and tablets). It keeps getting worse and worse. I've been to doctors and they give me anxiety meds, muscle relaxers, and shoot me up with steroids but it doesn't get better. I'm seriously beginning to think this has something to do with me spiritually.

Could this be so? If so, is Reiki where I should turn? Is it chakras? I'm lost.
Old 16-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Guide

i still get tension around my neck. i just continue to do what makes me relax the most and give myself massages if need to. i do a lot of prayer practices, which has helped the most, but that also included reiki. also note, the neck is the most narrowest part of the body, so a lot of things get stuck there.

feel better and do what makes you relax the most. jmho.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 16-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Master
Reiki may help, it's worth a try. There are other well-known energy-healing methods, too, such as Reconnective Healing. Some of these have familiar names, some don't. There are people who are especially capable energy healers who have just had their abilities 'show up' in their lives... no label to it.

But besides this, I'll mention that many people are feeling sensations or discomfort in their necks that seem to have to do with increased energy flows. I tend to think that, yes, there is a spiritual awakening going on that is affecting many people in the world today. I have no idea whether it is affecting a majority of people... maybe yes, maybe no.

It seems that the channels in the human neck are handling more energy, sort of like putting, say, 100 pounds-per-square-inch water pressure through a garden sprinkler could stress the hose that runs from the faucet to the sprinkler.

Last edited by Tanemon : 16-12-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 16-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Augadelume

Would that energy flow also cause knots to form in the neck?
Old 16-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augadelume
Would that energy flow also cause knots to form in the neck?
Those could be small energy-pathway blockages.
Old 16-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Augadelume

The reason I was asking is my doc has also prescribed muscle relaxers for my neck because I get knots in them all the time and they don't help which in turn when they travel up under my skull I get bad migraines so I am trying to find relief.
Old 16-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Master
To my mind, these things are difficult to analyze when one is not with the person who needs healing.

I've had some very good distant healing from some people who are especially capable with that - but some people who believed they were effective with it have, in my case, proven not to be.

So, from my experience and in general, I'd say it's better to work with someone who is:
a) a very well reputed, effective energy healer
b) can work on you in-person (rather than by distance).

Others may disagree with this opinion, and their notion or sense of it may be very good. This isn't a point that I ever argue.
Old 16-12-2014, 11:50 PM
dbarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
But besides this, I'll mention that many people are feeling sensations or discomfort in their necks that seem to have to do with increased energy flows. I tend to think that, yes, there is a spiritual awakening going on that is affecting many people in the world today.

I have this feeling that the neck and shoulder tension/pain may have something to do with the spiritual awakening I'm having (if that's what you call seeing things that other people don't see)! I haven't and still am not using this gift and learning like I know I should and wonder if this is the cause.....
Old 17-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Master
I had neck problems too. It could be from the pillow that you're using while you sleep. You need something low, otherwise your neck could be crooked while you're sleeping. I bought myself a neck pillow and that helps a lot. I had been sleeping on a pillow that was too high. Make sure you're stretching your neck from side to side when you wake up.
Old 17-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Experiencer

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarcus
I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the Chakra thread....

I've have this muscle tension in my neck and shoulder area for years (long before smart phones and tablets). It keeps getting worse and worse. I've been to doctors and they give me anxiety meds, muscle relaxers, and shoot me up with steroids but it doesn't get better. I'm seriously beginning to think this has something to do with me spiritually.

Could this be so? If so, is Reiki where I should turn? Is it chakras? I'm lost.
Sorry I have only just seen this thread, been away for a few days.
Have you been given a specific medical diagnosis? For example 'Torticullis' is a term for Whry neck and is caused by a muscle spasm, so those meds prescribed are anti anxiolytics yes but are also used a a Muscle Relaxant..
The very fact you have had Steroid injections suggests to me you have an element of Arthritis of the neck.. ie Cervical Spondylosis... It is very uncomfortable... I have the same problem myself.. But if you want a non medical solution to your pain you have to treat this symptomatically.. You may find the application of heat pads a help now and then, other things that might help are using a TENS machine. This is a Transcutanious Electronic Nerve Stimulator.. It works by stimulating the body to release its own form of natural Morphine...caled Endorphines.. It is helpful and the little machines are not expensive, run on batteries etc.. Very effective for pain relief.. Well women give birth using these machines..

Complimentary Therapies like Reiki are meant to work alongside conventional medicine not instead of it, So I do advise you find out exactly your diagnosis.. Reiki will not cause you any harm what so ever..

Having said that Reiki is also a good form of pain relief, so it may help you... It does not have to be 'hands on' I assure you..
I am a Reiki Master of some 14 years experience.. I do Distance Reiki for people all over the world with good succes...Including members of this forum... I will be pleased to help you if I can.. Just PM me as ethically I do not act without your permission.. ok...You have nothing to lose except your pain...