Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
Really?

You used the word Christmas twice in your first sentence and its in the thread title, so sounds like it was about Christmas to me.

You read what you thought I'd written, perhaps what you wanted to see? And you are, after all, in the 'Spiritualism' forum - it tells you that at the top of each page. That was a clue.

Sorry you didn't look properly, scibat.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You read what you thought I'd written, perhaps what you wanted to see? And you are, after all, in the 'Spiritualism' forum - it tells you that at the top of each page. That was a clue.

Sorry you didn't look properly, scibat.

Your topic title is: Christmas is coming -- Your opening statement and most of your post is a tirade against Christmas, with a tidbit about Spiritualism at its tail end. Regardless of where you put that thread, by using the words you chose you made it about Christmas; A holiday which I enjoy, so I made a retort to your tirade. That's how forums work, especially this one -- The sub-forums are not-sacrosanct and this one isn't your private demesne -- Regardless of your desires for it to be otherwise. If you didn't want this thread to be about Christmas or you wanted to be about how Christmas relates to Spiritualism, then perhaps you should have chosen your words better and left off the attack on the holiday.

What I am gathering is that this was a tirade against Christmas with a little blurb about Spiritualism at the end, and that you wanted to hide behind this sub-forum as a means to avoid any sort of repercussions from those statements, and again, forums don't work that way. I'll tell you as I have many others, if you want to spout off without hearing any dissenting opinions, go start a blog somewhere.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
Your topic title is: Christmas is coming -- Your opening statement and most of your post is a tirade against Christmas, with a tidbit about Spiritualism at its tail end. Regardless of where you put that thread, by using the words you chose you made it about Christmas; A holiday which I enjoy, so I made a retort to your tirade. That's how forums work, especially this one -- The sub-forums are not-sacrosanct and this one isn't your private demesne -- Regardless of your desires for it to be otherwise. If you didn't want this thread to be about Christmas or you wanted to be about how Christmas relates to Spiritualism, then perhaps you should have chosen your words better and left off the attack on the holiday.

What I am gathering is that this was a tirade against Christmas with a little blurb about Spiritualism at the end, and that you wanted to hide behind this sub-forum as a means to avoid any sort of repercussions from those statements, and again, forums don't work that way. I'll tell you as I have many others, if you want to spout off without hearing any dissenting opinions, go start a blog somewhere.

I never give advice as to what others should do. (unlike you in your last sentence) When I don't know anything about a subject I don't post in the forum unless it's to ask a question. When I do post in a forum then I know exactly what I'm talking about and I'm careful to read what the thread's about. I can always support and defend what I write.

Now, as I say, I NEVER give advice, or tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do, how they should write, what they should write about, how they should present their piece - I see that as showing my basic respect to other contributors. BUT I will point out where their arguments fall short, where they don't have relevant information, where they fail to address points which are under discussion. In turn I expect contributors to challenge the points I raise, challenge the responses I make - why wouldn't I? A blog's for someone who doesn't want discussion or debate - not my scene.

What you gathered - as you've indicated above - was wrong. You only read what you thought I was saying. I can't help that, scibat. I don't hide anywhere - I'm here and I'm here most every day. I don't know where you are because I stay in forums where I have relevant knowledge. I don't wander around elsewhere posting about subjects I don't understand so I don't have a clue what your specialty is.

I'll always welcome your comments on what I write about Spiritualism. I'm pleased to find you here and engaging with me. In time you may better understand my deep love of this subject.

peace
Old 06-12-2011, 12:18 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Straight for the throat.....I'm with you.
To be absolutely truthful,Xmas as a child,I have many happy memories.
Hopefully I will never forget them.
The excitement of waking up on Xmas morning,feeling the rustle of the sock that is now filled with gifts by Santa Clause (mum or dad?)
The cooking of the turkey in the oven,the smell of mince pies cooking.
The fire in the grate,the Xmas tree standing in the corner,twinkling away.

(I want to be a child again..... )

geese, you got me all bummed now.....i sure do miss my mom cooking dinner after i tore into my presents always amazed that santa (who always left a thank you note for the cookies and milk btw ) brought exactly what i wanted......even though the note suspiciously resembled my moms handwriting....what 9 year old really pays attention to detail? lol.

i wanna be back then again too.......
Old 06-12-2011, 04:55 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
geese, you got me all bummed now.....i sure do miss my mom cooking dinner after i tore into my presents always amazed that santa (who always left a thank you note for the cookies and milk btw ) brought exactly what i wanted......even though the note suspiciously resembled my moms handwriting....what 9 year old really pays attention to detail? lol.

i wanna be back then again too.......

Nothing can take the memories away.
Old 13-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Serenity Bear

The thing I could never get is, as a Spiritualist we dont necessarily believe in Christmas but we still celebrate it in the Churchs.

My point of view is that Xmas is based on the Pagan festival (Noel?) which I think celebrates survival over Winter with lots of food, drink and a yule log burning in the harth. So Im all up for it - lets join in and make merry.

One boss thought because I was a Spiritualist that I should work Xmas day - I told him to sling his hook. How was I going to travel 14 miles without transport! Yes I buy presents etc and put up deckies (my family is predominantly atheists but from a Christian back ground). Nice and confusing.

One thing I find is that those who are against presents etc are usually male, and its the women who push for it. Its like Valentines day - its suddenly a ripe off when boyfriends etc have to buy something - I wonder if Easter would be the same if the male half of the species had to spend something, and not let us women get all the choccies etc in. Im not against men not buying something, I just think they need to learn some bargin hunting like us women do :)

NB This is a tongue in check post :)
Old 13-12-2011, 03:04 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
The thing I could never get is, as a Spiritualist we dont necessarily believe in Christmas but we still celebrate it in the Churchs.

My point of view is that Xmas is based on the Pagan festival (Noel?) which I think celebrates survival over Winter with lots of food, drink and a yule log burning in the harth. So Im all up for it - lets join in and make merry.

One boss thought because I was a Spiritualist that I should work Xmas day - I told him to sling his hook. How was I going to travel 14 miles without transport! Yes I buy presents etc and put up deckies (my family is predominantly atheists but from a Christian back ground). Nice and confusing.

One thing I find is that those who are against presents etc are usually male, and its the women who push for it. Its like Valentines day - its suddenly a ripe off when boyfriends etc have to buy something - I wonder if Easter would be the same if the male half of the species had to spend something, and not let us women get all the choccies etc in. Im not against men not buying something, I just think they need to learn some bargin hunting like us women do :)

NB This is a tongue in check post :)

I love it,Serenity.
Old 13-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Master
Me too, SB ~ that was a great post!

Old 13-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Master
I saw a commercial the other day that made me laugh cuz it applies at our house.

It said that when you decorate your house, it shouldn't look like Santa "lives" there!
lol
Old 01-03-2012, 03:57 PM
astroboy

Ya, I laughed too and that drew the attention of a particular crowd whom I personally know, they were only a few seats in front of me. Made me embarassed - why? - that's a bit personal.