Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
No wait. What's that beautiful quote.

I think it's Rumi.

Found it.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I will meet you there.

I'll bring butties and a flask.
HEHE I'm so there Squatch & keeping it on thread I'll bring the cigarettes
Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 AM
mattie

Internal Cleanses May Be Useful. FOCUSED INTENT

I agree w/ the detox line of thinking. Check out what health food stores have for stopping smoking support.

Even though an internal cleanse may not be designed for nicotine detoxing it only makes sense that one’s craving would be reduced if the nicotine is cleared out of the body. RenewLife’s FirstCleanse, then CleanseSmart are 2 top cleanses.
This isn’t medical advice.

Don’t underestimate the power of your focused intent. Of the various people that I’ve seen stop, they often wrestled w/ this until they were really ready to stop. When they really set their mind to it (focused intent) they stopped easily.

EFT may be very useful too. The free information in the below link is more than sufficient.

http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php...11&It emid=14

Shift from thinking that you 'Need to quit smoking' to I AM quitting smoking. Important shift in how you view it. The first statement is just pondering it. The second is taking direct action.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Master
I need help with quitting smOking. I smoke on the nights I work so ten days a month. I need serious help too
Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
HEHE I'm so there Squatch & keeping it on thread I'll bring the cigarettes

Am listening to Tanya and she's an obvious Rumi fan.

Our future waits on the field of fair play...I will meet you there one day

Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit

Am listening to Tanya and she's an obvious Rumi fan.

Our future waits on the field of fair play...I will meet you there one day

We're already there ma'am.....gazing off into oblivion
Old 04-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Master
S'easy to stop smoking ! Get a Cardiac Surgeon to tell you that you have a year to live and need a heart by-pass operation but that He does not waste his time on smokers. I just stopped cold ! Ten years ago, still here
Old 04-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Master
Sadly, you'd think people who, like Michael Douglas, gets his cancer scare, looks like he's one foot already in the boneyard, beats his cancer, then is seen lighting up. My old boss, lost a lung due to cancer, still smoked, got his vocal cords removed due to cancer, still smoked. He couldn't or didn't want to beat the habit, and eventually cancer beat him.

Anyway, I used to smoke, and for that time I couldn't quit because I really didn't want to quit. I quit when I was pregnant, but foolishly started up afterwards, thinking it was okay if I smoked away from my kids. Duh. anyway, when I finally woke up and realized smoking sucks in more ways than sucking on the thing, I prepared myself for quitting cold , like Norseman, and you CAN do it, you just have to want to. I changed my eating habits, I took up jogging, hiking and running and quit smoking. I'll tell you the first 4 months were the hardest. I didn't think the cravings would ever stop, but I wasn't going to give into them. Also, for as much as I was changing my life and my habits, getting rid of the bad ones in exchange for good and healthy ones...I thought I was dying. My lungs in the process of cleaning out, wow, coughed up horrible junk for months. Talk about disgusting. You can do it! And it's soooooooooooooo worth it.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Enlightener

Definitely would suggest this route, as nh said;

http://www.allencarrseasyway.com/

Personally I love smoking, can't get enough right now it seems lol, but this has worked for me in the past, the best method I have used so far.

Peace!
Old 13-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Docha

Fruits as snacks help. Grapes in particular.

Herbal teas, lots and lots of water.

Water dissolves the nicotine or rather flushes it out of your system. If your married or in a relationship sex helps.

I need to quit again too, used the patch when I quit the first time for just a week to. kick the habbit part, the rest to kick the addiction. Addiction withdraws last about three days
Old 23-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Newbie ;)

I quit cold turkey December 18, 2008. I don't know why but I found it amazingly easy. Within hours of my last cigarette I was breathing easier and experienced heightened senses of smell and taste. Coca Cola tasted like roots and dirt, and the peanut butter on my sandwich tasted delicious and sweet like peanut butter cake frosting. The aches and pains in my legs, which I lived with for so long I thought the leg pain was simply my cross to bear -- those pains disappeared. I could shovel snow without getting excessively tired or winded.

The only thing I used was a drinking straw cut off to the length of a cigarette. Anytime I felt a craving for a cigarette I'd put the straw between my lips, draw and inhale air as though I was taking a drag from a cigarette, hold it in for a second and then slowly blow out the air between pursed lips. All the while I'd imagine the flavor and sensation of cigarette smoke. I'd do this at home or in my car without embarrassment as to what others might think.

I continue to do this every now and then as still I occasionally get a twinge for a cigarette, especially if I see someone somewhere smoking a cigarette and apparently thoroughly enjoying it. Only I just put my first and index fingers (the two which I held my cig between when I was a smoker) up to my mouth and draw in as if I'm smoking a cigarette. Worked for me.