Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Newbie ;)

How did your abilities start and how long was it until you were able to us them?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how your abilities first came to light and then from there how long was it before you were tuned in enough to effectively use them?

I guess I'm still trying to figure out exactly what my abilities are. I have had ringing and pressure in the ears on and off since late October and I've had 3 messages through that I know for sure were spirit. I've just started in a development class this week and I'm excited now to move forward!

I was told years ago that I was clairvoyant (about 6 years ago) and although I haven't seen anything yet (apart from some very vivid dreams), I've been told that I have seen and that I will see. Clairaudience seems to be the one making most of a racket at the moment so I guess only time will tell.

Mine started following some life trauma which I've been told is relatively common.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Pathfinder

Hi :),

Everyone already has the ability just most people do not notice it in their daily lives, just need to tune in to it, build up your energys and unblock/balance your charkas.

Try to do meditation "sit in the power" daily and ask your guide to blend with your energy, this could help you in your development along with other benefits.

2 years and am still in development classes, on to a point where i can physically feel an injury/condition during a reading.
Old 13-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Master
Hi,

My skills and abilities first surfaced when I was a child. They stayed with me through out my professional career. For me these things are natural.

There is no way for me to figure out exactly the scope of them. My human intellect would like to know a great deal more about everything. My heart is happy with where I am at.

We are all immortal spiritual beings. At some level we know everything. We are all loved and guided on how to move forward at every step of the way. Knowing how to listen and trust in that is essential. Because our intellect isolates itself, it can not know what is going on.

You could say that our duality involves the integration of our intellect with our divine nature. This is evolving our spirituality more than our skills and abilities. Those being a natural by product of being true to the self.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-02-2020, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightened_irish
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how your abilities first came to light and then from there how long was it before you were tuned in enough to effectively use them?

I guess I'm still trying to figure out exactly what my abilities are. I have had ringing and pressure in the ears on and off since late October and I've had 3 messages through that I know for sure were spirit. I've just started in a development class this week and I'm excited now to move forward!

I was told years ago that I was clairvoyant (about 6 years ago) and although I haven't seen anything yet (apart from some very vivid dreams), I've been told that I have seen and that I will see. Clairaudience seems to be the one making most of a racket at the moment so I guess only time will tell.

Mine started following some life trauma which I've been told is relatively common.

I started as a child. Learned by trial and error. There was nobody around to help me.

I have gotten to the point that I have gone up in the mountains and physically saw those who are around me several times.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Administrator
I was born with my gifts so i know no difference.i thought everyone could do what i could.

Namaste
Old 26-02-2020, 03:20 PM
Master
I was born with it, but at some point closed the door to it as it found no resonance in the environment. That happens to almost 100% of people. So you have to rediscover it later on, even if you were born with it.

The peculiar thing is, that even though I was clairaudient and clairvoyant as a child, I later on believed I did not have any abilities, that was for other people.
I always had a strong interest in the paranormal, encountered not so pleasant things a few times, and that is sarcastic understatement, hihi.
It really started for me after my divorce at 35. My ex had abilities & gifts and I think he always protected and shielded me during our marriage, because he knew or sensed I was open and vulnerable.
Suddenly I was alone with two kids, in a house that held unpleasant things as it was built on a pre-Christian graveyard. Oh joy... No man to rely on, just me myself and I. I was suddenly thrown in the deep, having to take care of me AND two young kids who are also gifted.

Later on I moved in with a man and his house was not just inhabited by us people... Exorcist, few years after another house cleaner.
I began learning and developing my own abilities in that time. Did extensive and intensive intuitive development courses, and continued from there. Crystal workshops, dowsing rod, hedgewitchcraft. The latter is when I first dared to start doing rituals. The support of this hedgewitch helped me, and my courage and ability etc. grew.
Then I switched to Lightwork.
It's a non-stop learning curve.
I'm not clairaudient, I don't want to, same with clairvoyancy. No way do I want to see.
I'm clairsentient and clairknowing (cognizant?) .

It is not something I do anymore, it is who I am, it's part of me. It comes up in my paintings, my choice of work, my entire home's design, my interests and so on.
I added a bit of psychology to the mix as spirituality is personal development and growth.

How long it takes to do something with it depends entirely on your time (if you have a really busy job and home life it is more difficult to get into the groove) and I think also what you want with it. So the importance of it to you.
For me it was about developing me, becoming more confident, stable, and so on. Not so much the abilities, although that came with it out of interest.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:10 AM
Master

Sometimes people/souls try too hard to gain or enhance 'gifts' and there are some who have gifts that they opt to keep under wraps. Gifts can help some people, but the same gifts can be a burden at times. Only you can truly know what they are, and you learn to use them when appropriate. You may make mistakes, we all do, and through those we also learn.
Old 30-05-2020, 06:00 PM
Knower
I was born with it. When I was a child I could hear my name being called and I saw things but it frightened me a bit and so I shut it out. It didn't help that my brother and my cousin told me horrible stories and my mother told me never ever to dabble in that sort of thing as it was dangerous. I spent a little while learning how to meditate when I was young but always stopped short of trying to connect with spirit. Now I'm in my seventies and I feel very strongly that I'm being asked to do this work. I'm meditating again but this time opening up to spirit and making some connection. I'm no longer frightened by it and my mother has long since passed.I believe I'm developing the abilty to reach out to spirit.
Old 30-05-2020, 10:10 PM
Administrator
Hello

I came into this life with it all what is often called "Light Switch On" which means it was all wide open to me from the moment of birth. So i had the struggle to learn what it all meant and that it was not all "maddness". I was given a book on Psychic Development at the age of 16 (when I was thinking on taking my life over it all) and told start at the last chapter and go to the first chapter and you will start to understand more about whom you are. Well that opened many doors to many paths in the Light and the Dark roles we ha play in. Oh and did I play.

I understand now I had a journey to walk to become whom I am today and it was not always an easy road forwards but it was worth the ride.

I picked up my first deck of Tarot Cards at the age of 40. I have learned that I do no read them in the way readers do, I use my intuition to read them.

Its all natural in us but not all of us open those doors. We all have it with us but I feel it depends alot on the light path your given what we use.

I have three kids all have it open like I do. So its not possible LOL to tell even a "White Lie" to them.

Lynn
Old 07-06-2020, 08:30 PM
Knower
I would like to say, "awareness" more than "abilities" when it comes to myself.

Can't help but feel like, I just am, me. Have always been this. Just subconscious to it all. Just waking up more over time. Is this crystal clear intuition and high vibrations speaking? I think so. I'm me, I'm no one.

I've always had dreams of those that passed on, spoken with them, had angels, guides, etc. surround me and always worried about someone else before myself especially during distress. Put others before myself. Only until I got older did I become more selfish, and I fought myself constantly over it. Like, hey! This is not 'you'! Stop! I've always been painfully critical to myself ever since I was a child. Like I was always nudged to stop by something.

I've now turned that same viewpoint in the opposite direction with said self-reflection and constructive criticism. Never stop growing! Love in it's purest form is unconditional!

Hyper sensitive empath here, and proud of it! No such thing as being "too-sensitive". Forget what society tells you. Wear your heart on your sleeve, remember being a child too, and bestow loving wisdom! Always! <3

In a nutshell, my "awareness" started 9 months ago after meeting a woman with abilities. Severe Pain can open the heart further and learn from it! <3
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and… bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.- Doctor Who ; Vincent and the Doctor