Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 12-05-2015, 11:36 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
Thanks for the read Celeste. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although human nature being what it is, it's always easier to enjoy reading something you agree with rather than something you don't. The author certainly found a lot more similarities between the two than I would have. It'd be great for all of us if someone that was familiar with Hinduism could do a similar comparison with Krishna.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/jesus07.html

Your wish is my command
Going to look this evening for more info: it's really interesting.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Master

Truth is constant and eternal. All religion of the Light is basically an individualised
repackaging of the same one truth, so no surprise that there are fundamental similarities.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
There's a book called the "missing years of Jesus ". I don't know who wrote it & I haven't read it. But I've heard that it claims that Jesus studied buddhism somewhere between the ages of 12 & 30. Jesus life is not covered in the bible between these years so it is a real possibility.

You could have in mind Nicholas Notovitch's 'The Unknown Life of Christ' or perhaps the more recent 'Jesus Lived n India' by Holger Kerstin or Prof. Fida Hassnain's 'Search For the Historical Jesus'.

You may not agree with everything, but certainly the framework of evidence is compelling.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:24 PM
wanderlusterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
The same enlightenment? Are you implying there are more than one?

Not so my good sir/lady, though it is true that we all have our own road to walk up the mountain so to speak, we are all headed for the same summit.

Not only did they reach the same enlightenment, a part of that enlightenment is the understanding of the duality of the individual/ego vs. the universal consciousness. This realization brings about the state of oneness, whereby Jesus, Buddha, and the various other enlightened masters are one and the same; linked by a shared state of being.

Thinking about it, nope there is probably only one i suppose i meant to say enlightenment process maybe? Meaning to say they were doing the same thing and teaching the same thing
Old 12-05-2015, 04:29 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
You could have in mind Nicholas Notovitch's 'The Unknown Life of Christ' or perhaps the more recent 'Jesus Lived n India' by Holger Kerstin or Prof. Fida Hassnain's 'Search For the Historical Jesus'.

You may not agree with everything, but certainly the framework of evidence is compelling.

Have you read any of them NOA? Which one would you recommend please ?
Old 12-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
Have you read any of them NOA? Which one would you recommend please ?

Now that you mention it, I've not read the middle one, out of print, but I must track it down. Though in principle its the same as Prof. Hassnain's work.That's the only book I've actually got two copies of!

Quite an eye-opener. Concentrates on ancient MSS showing what purports to be Jesus, though referred to by a different name in each country he visited, and his travels throughout the East, from the Holy Land to Kashmir ...

The Notovitch MSS is claimed to be a lost gospel, detailing Jesus's life.

I'd recommend either, under the caveat that things might be a little different to what you've been told, esp. the Hassnain book, so if you're keen and ready to look beyond the veil ...

Old 12-05-2015, 04:58 PM
celest

Thank you
Old 12-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Buddha was jesus without the ego.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:22 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Now that you mention it, I've not read the middle one, out of print, but I must track it down. Though in principle its the same as Prof. Hassnain's work.That's the only book I've actually got two copies of!

Quite an eye-opener. Concentrates on ancient MSS showing what purports to be Jesus, though referred to by a different name in each country he visited, and his travels throughout the East, from the Holy Land to Kashmir ..
The Notovitch MSS is claimed to be a lost gospel, detailing Jesus's life.

I'd recommend either, under the caveat that things might be a little different to what you've been told, esp. the Hassnain book, so if you're keen and ready to look beyond the veil ...

The first two on your list I have just bought on Ebay for the grand total of £9.00, a bargain
Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoyay7
Buddha was jesus without the ego.
This could be true. Both are persons who were very interested in understanding Life.
Another possibilty could be that Buddha and Jesus are two different souls.