Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Toolite

You all had great responses.
Glory To God
Old 27-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Toolite

Now the question of why? Would I be questioned if I asked for a LGBT Medium? Finding individuals similiar to you and share a gift is nice and maybe able to relate in some areas then the next individuals.
Glory To God
Old 27-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Toolite

Psycholice their is gender in Spirit. Even dimensional beings have a gender.
Glory To God
Old 27-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
Psycholice their is gender in Spirit. Even dimensional beings have a gender.
Glory To God
Not in my reality, but if your happy with that belief, then why not keep it.
Old 27-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Sorry, you all, but I am sort of offended by the question. The sense of spirituality in the Southern U.S.-- from past slaves and from those rooted in other religious cultures and in Christianity-- in Louisiana, etc--were there long before the country was a country.

These people were "seers" long before we started organizing clinics and paying for workshops. They weren't interested in labels and usually didn't share their insights except with those close to them.

Many of us, myself included have no direct experience with the US south, so i for one, appreciate your contribution and reminder.

Thankfully the wisdom of Indigenous people is gaining attention and being shared outside their culture.

Those of us with limited experience outside our culture-locale are simply curious, and the question was inspired by curiosity. About publicly visible mediums.

While spirit is the same, there's no question we, while on earth, are largely shaped by our ethnic culture-religion, In ways we often don't recognize.

Racial-cultural influences can be a sensitive topic, but discussions hopefully can enlighten-enrich us all.
Old 27-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I can see a nice healthy slice of truth there, Islewalker.......I would suppose that they keep to themselves, by and large, and may I say further they keep 'to their own kin / kind' ?

I felt a bit of discomfort when I read the thread title myself, wondering where it was 'going'.

Indigenous people have been typically ridiculed for their beliefs if not persecuted. It's no surprise they've not shared their wisdom with outsiders.

But then again so have most huge religions.... Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Muslims,,,hidden their most sacred practices from outsiders.

To pretend cultural differences don't exist seems silly.... and unnecessary.
Yet we CAN learn from one another.
Old 28-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Administrator
In answer to your qestion toolitee i dont know of any alive today.but when i used to go to the Healing sanctury the medium there his main guide was an african warrior who was very high status to to his tribe, he had a daughter callled Petunia he was called Zulas, when the medium went into trance you could see zulas he was very tall muscular african with feathers in his hair,he started to give a message to this couple there but he spoke in his own tongue then he looked at me and told me to concentrate,this i did and i could understand every word he was telling this couple.when zulas said his goodbyes he thanked me and asked me to tell the couple what he had said, i did this and they both broke down crying.he was the only african that i had heard of.

Namaste
Old 28-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77

To pretend cultural differences don't exist seems silly.... and unnecessary.
Yet we CAN learn from one another.

Henri--

The question is not whether cultural difference exist, it is whether that has/should have any consequence to a spiritual reading. IMO--it does not change one thing about the reading. If the reader senses things in the environment of the person being read that are different from his/her own culture, the reader still, in my experience, relays how those circumstances are affecting the spiritual growth of the person. Spirit and spiritual growth know no "culture"--it is a universal language to those who read it (and those who don't).

And Toolite--

YES, if you had asked if there are any/many LGBT psychics/mediums/paranormals--it would be equally offensive.

If I were to ask: Why is it that there are very few fundamentalist Christians who are psychics or mediums--would that be offensive? I could posit that their training prevents them from accepting certain types of spiritual realiities.

Or, if I asked why there are not any/many Islamic or Buddhist psychics, would that be offensive?

The framing of the question implies that certain assumptions have already been made--limiting assumptions.

Just remember --the God that you give glory to may not be the same for others; however the sentiment is the same. Surely you can extend that tolerance to others.

Isle
Old 28-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Henri77

Well Kryon, Bashar are ET's and no one seems to care.

I tend to disagree here..... as nearly every professional psychic, medium seems influenced by their background, religious & cultural upbringing.
These things , to me , color the information-understanding they bring.

Name any well known psychic, and one will find their personal readings colored by their religious upbringing.
It's a technical and fairly unimportant point, as wisdom is wisdom.... yet religions are quite distinct, and arose out of these quite different racial-cultural milieus.

A Brazilian Shaman, Tibetian yogi, Kogi seer, and bible bred psychic will likely have quite different slants-interpretations on what they bring. IMO

Trance mediumship seems wholly different, but that wasn't the query far as I can tell.

No one is suggesting one is better, but only investigating the idea.

This is a bit off topic though.... as the thread was about publicly visible mediums-psychics

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Henri--

The question is not whether cultural difference exist, it is whether that has/should have any consequence to a spiritual reading. IMO--it does not change one thing about the reading. If the reader senses things in the environment of the person being read that are different from his/her own culture, the reader still, in my experience, relays how those circumstances are affecting the spiritual growth of the person. Spirit and spiritual growth know no "culture"--it is a universal language to those who read it (and those who don't).

And Toolite--

YES, if you had asked if there are any/many LGBT psychics/mediums/paranormals--it would be equally offensive.

Just remember --the God that you give glory to may not be the same for others; the sentiment is the same. Surely you can extend that tolerance to others.

Isle
Old 28-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Toolite

Islewalker I dont or wouldnt be offended. I stated clearly my intent. Are you sure you dont have an issue with what religion you .. Think I Am? I do notice by me saying God that bothers people. For me most of my messages or post are to help. Im not like