Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 17-05-2012, 10:09 AM
deepsea

Physical Mediumship?

One question.
Do you believe that Physical Mediumship is genuine?

I have read reports and seen photos of what is known as Physical Mediumship.
I have yet to be convinced.
Too many reports of faked PM.

Who believes and who doesn't?
And what is their proof if they do believe?

Deepsea
Old 17-05-2012, 06:29 PM
MaliMarie

I think I saw a mythbusters show that talked about ectoplasm. They recreated the pictures perfectly, making me feel like they were fake. But then again, any ghost or angel picture could be faked too. I've heard of people who could help an entity manifest or help them communicate. Honestly, it's just like any form of medium abilities. You could prove it to be fake, but it doesn't mean that it is.

Someone sees the future... call it De Ja Vou.
Someone sees a 'ghost'... call them paranoid
Someone talks to a spirit... call them crazy.
Someone has a dream that really happens... They read too much into them.
Someone has creepy smoke come out of their mouths and a ghost appears... well, they're faking. lol

I have no proof on the truth of Physical Meduimship, but I don't have proof of the nonexistance either.
Old 17-05-2012, 08:44 PM
deepsea

Exactly the way I feel....
I would want an awful lot of proof before I believed.

Deepsea
Old 18-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Toolite

I havent experienced the manifestation of a soul or spirit coming out in the physical is some odd form. I never heard of it until a movie I came across.

I will say that I havent participated in a seance before.. I do know those who are spiritually strong and those individuals come together in agreement .. wonders can happen..

But, at this time I cant say I've witnessed or experienced it.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 18-05-2012, 06:44 PM
deepsea

The fact that PM seems to be very rare these days or is it hidden from view and why?
We seem to have to reply on others to give us information or provide pictures that we can view.
Why isn't it more open to the public?
Deepsea
Old 18-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Toolite

I think if it is possible its not many who can do it..

Really what gifts do we openly display? If spirit didnt show me channelling I would have never believed it and I have never saw it on a complex level demonstrated by another person.. and wouldnt been able to identify it on a basic level..i.e. speaking in tongues.. Where spirit is talking edifying/correcting that individual.

I have found that anything that is true you will see different cultures practising it and maybe calling the tecnique something different but, we will see it cross the board in all religions/culture..

I wonder are there any other cultures demonstrating this gift?

All The Glory Belongs to God Forever!
Old 18-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
The fact that PM seems to be very rare these days or is it hidden from view and why?
We seem to have to reply on others to give us information or provide pictures that we can view.
Why isn't it more open to the public?
Deepsea
Sitting for physical mediumship takes alot of focus, dedication and practice... something not many mediums are prepared to do. It's also not something which can be open to the public because if the time it takes to build up to producing something. Also, I believe those in Spirit are mostly working on other areas, to produce the same results in daylight, rather than the darker conditions which led to accusations in the past.

There's a group on Ning called Physical Mediumship 4 U which has alot of links to German circles doing this work. Some of the posted videos and photos can make your hair stand on end.
Old 19-05-2012, 06:36 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Sitting for physical mediumship takes alot of focus, dedication and practice... something not many mediums are prepared to do. It's also not something which can be open to the public because if the time it takes to build up to producing something. Also, I believe those in Spirit are mostly working on other areas, to produce the same results in daylight, rather than the darker conditions which led to accusations in the past.

There's a group on Ning called Physical Mediumship 4 U which has alot of links to German circles doing this work. Some of the posted videos and photos can make your hair stand on end.

I was a member on there quite a long time ago.
Must admit,quite a lot of their work has been sorely critisised,I wonder why?
Deepsea
Old 19-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Henri77

When I initially studied mediumship 25 yrs ago there was occasionally talk about this, in our circle-class, and I was shown some fairly contemporary photos taken during seances. Of apparitions, ectoplasm,& such.

I'd say when seances were a new thing, folks wanted more visible proof than later, after it became popular-accepted. And there was likely less demand for manifestations by paying clients once mediumship was accepted as real.
No doubt some mediums hoaxed these things...but I understood it was pretty demanding-draining on a medium to achieve this.

I recall being involved in a table tipping during a circle at a Spiritualist camp. With folks I knew, (no funny business).
Old 19-05-2012, 10:04 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
When I initially studied mediumship 25 yrs ago there was occasionally talk about this, in our circle-class, and I was shown some fairly contemporary photos taken during seances. Of apparitions, ectoplasm,& such.

I'd say when seances were a new thing, folks wanted more visible proof than later, after it became popular-accepted. And there was likely less demand for manifestations by paying clients once mediumship was accepted as real.
No doubt some mediums hoaxed these things...but I understood it was pretty demanding-draining on a medium to achieve this.

I recall being involved in a table tipping during a circle at a Spiritualist camp. With folks I knew, (no funny business).

I do believe that some physical manifestions are genuine. I suppose I have this doubt mainly because I have never witnessed any such experiences.
I also believe that white light is now being tried in PM,would that be true?
Deepsea