Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 07-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Ascender

The return of the cat man of Aleppo

These are excerpts from a feature written by Diana Darke which is currently available to read on the BBC website--(link at end of this post)

I thought others might find themselves as disturbed and yet uplifted I as I am having read it.

---" The cat man of Aleppo Mohammad Aljallel watched helplessly as his cat sanctuary was first bombed then chlorine gassed during the intense final stages of the siege if Aleppo."

---" when the city fell in December 2016 he left in a convoy, his van crammed with injured people and the last six cats from hid sanctuary"

He later managed to return to Aleppo--with a cat--and the article/story recounts how he now uses the care of animals as a means of helping people, especially children, to rebuild their broken lives and selves.

These few words do not do justice to the full account which can be viewed using this link I think. If it doesn't work I think entering the title of the feature---which is as I have titled this post--into the search box on theBBC news homepage will get you there anyway.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-47473772

Cheers. petex
Old 08-03-2019, 05:29 AM
janielee

Thanks petex..
Old 08-03-2019, 09:48 AM
ant

What?

Mate,your highlighting one story,so.

Look at the whole picture,don't just pass highlight that is many.

What's the point.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Ascender

Hello again janielee,

Thinking about what you mentioned in a previous post concerning your work--which if I have understood correctly has some involvement with child welfare--I can see that this account is of interest to you in that context, as well as being an inspiring story--Imo.

Quite apart from many of us keeping and caring for animals of one sort or another, I recall also another situation in which the care of animals is used to help people regain what they have lost, or perhaps even discover some aspect of themselves previously hidden. I don't know if the practice continues, but I read some years ago that in some prisons in the USA , some prisoners are given the opportunity to take on the care of retired race horses.

And hello Elabor8Aspie.

You're right. This is just a little story. The pages are here for anyone wishing to do so to write much more.

petex
Old 09-03-2019, 02:01 AM
ant

Sorry,things come from left field after i've had one to many.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:25 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello again janielee,

Thinking about what you mentioned in a previous post concerning your work--which if I have understood correctly has some involvement with child welfare--I can see that this account is of interest to you in that context, as well as being an inspiring story--Imo.

Quite apart from many of us keeping and caring for animals of one sort or another, I recall also another situation in which the care of animals is used to help people regain what they have lost, or perhaps even discover some aspect of themselves previously hidden. I don't know if the practice continues, but I read some years ago that in some prisons in the USA , some prisoners are given the opportunity to take on the care of retired race horses.

And hello Elabor8Aspie.

You're right. This is just a little story. The pages are here for anyone wishing to do so to write much more.

petex

I really appreciate your style and thoughtfulness, petex - thank you.

I don't work in child services, I sometimes thought I would like to help - .. I don't know how, but children are certainly some innocent beings.

Your story is good - letting people learn or rediscover those parts of themselves, perhaps even gain self esteem.

Thank you for sharing weareunity.

JL
Old 09-03-2019, 08:20 AM
Ascender

Hello again Elabr8Aspie.

Thanks and ok. Have been there too.

petex