Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Knower
When People Die of Addiction

I believe in reincarnation. Like the earth is a school and each life holds new lessons..

Sometimes I wonder about addiction though.
My mother died from alcoholism, my uncle had an addiction to prescription pain pills and either OD or his body just gave out one morning, and Ive had a few acquaintances die from various ODs.

I wonder if they are in this life to learn to overcome such obstacles or maybe they planned to die that way to teach lives around them?

I hear about people seeing loved ones after death but its usually when the person dies of natural causes.
Ive seen my mom a few times after her death, in dreams. Ive had the more nightmare types where she does talk, then Ive had more peaceful ones where she doesnt talk.. but Ive never seen her spirit.
My uncle Ive only seen once in a dream. We were at his funeral but he woke up and climbed out of the coffin, I had the same exact dream with my other, only the surroundings were different.

But Im just wondering if someone dies from addiction why its not common for them to come back to visit.
Is it because we have to work through something that is related with their deaths or is it more like maybe they are unable to visit because they did not complete their goals of this lifetime?
Old 13-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Suspended

lt depends on where they end up. lf it's in what Jurgen Ziewie (astral projector for 40+ years) describes as the First Dimensional Counterpart (lower astral), then the ppl you mention probably don't even know their dead. As he says below:

Website: http://www.multidimensionalman.com/M...ter_death.html

Quote:
Waking up on the first dimensional counterpart of Earth is the main reason why dead people find it so difficult to accept that they have died. For a start not only are they still very much alive but their environment is still very much the way they are used to on earth.
People here are borderline inhabitants, but they are not ghosts. (Ghosts tend to be people who have formed a powerful attachment to their former physical location. Their attachment is like a cord, which allows them dip in and out of either dimension more or less evidently for some people here in the physical world.)

Quote:
I then proceeded to investigate and found an abundance of dreamers mingleing amongst the dead. Some clearly absent minded following their dream projections. All the hallmarks of the physical earth were there in abundance including cars, buses, taxies, market stalls, shops, trains, supermarkets and building sites, simply because this is what the living created. To my surprise I even found that money is happily exchanged between residents. There are bars, pubs and strip joints. In short there is nothing that does not exist on our physical earth. The people too look very much like the physical people do here, including their weight problems, age and disabilities, not at all the attractive type you will find on the next levels upwards who have mostly reverted back to their youthful prime.
Most people who live here simply have accepted that life goes on as usual in very much the same way as their physical life did. The noveltiy of flying is almost totally absent as are the manifestation powers we find on the higher levels (though I found that strong expectation somehow creates better result in manifestation than the active intend of creation).
The first dimensional counterpart can be heavily populated which is a sign that a large number of our earth population lives on a rather low spiritual level which won’t give them access to the higher levels when they first cross over.

Just another description of what drunks are doing in the afterlife - surprise, surprise, same as here lol:

Quote:
.Most souls remain in their new surroundings because they believe they have arrived in heaven. Instead, they have unknowingly placed themselves within the confines of a highly structured, thought-created environment. You experienced this pervasive power when you entered your first heaven after your death. I will show you another group-thought reality.” After a sense of repositioning I’m standing on a busy sidewalk in an urban setting at night. I steady myself as my perception adjusts to the new surroundings. My attention is drawn to a flashing neon sign and loud music coming from a local bar. The lights beckon me to step through the swinging door. The smell of cigarettes and stale beer is overpowering. Every bar seat is filled and I feel a distinct energy of desperation and boredom mixed with self-loathing. Someone in the corner puts some coins in a jukebox and the melody of a sad country song fills the room. Men and woman in various stages of intoxication stagger around the bar. My attention is directed to a thin, middle-aged man sitting at the crowded bar. He raises a tattooed hand to get the attention of the barmaid. She refills his mug and pours him a side of whiskey. He nods and throws back the shot, chasing it with a chug of beer. “This human has been sitting here for eight Earth years. This is what he loved to do when he had a physical body. Now, money and time are no longer obstacles to his obsessions. He eventually will leave, but only to move to another bar and pursue his addiction in a slightly different environment. And so the cycle goes. Many of these souls will travel from bar to bar in a vain attempt to recreate their past physical life. Some have been here for decades, reliving their past and refusing to let go. The addictive-personality imprint continues long after death. Like minds are drawn together in collective realities to pursue their obsessions; humans find it difficult to escape the ingrained habits of their own minds.”
Old 13-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Knower
Thats actually pretty scary
Old 13-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Though I do think it is possible for a spirit to get stuck in the in between in cases of traumatic or dramatic endings I don't believe it is permanent. In all cases loved ones and guides are communicating in an effort to get the soul to move on. Essentially I have heard in death you initially encounter what you believe the afterlife to be until your awareness shifts. Though I think the vast majority of souls move on pretty quickly but I do think I got stuck once and yet still eventually moved on. Of course any theories are all conjecture. No one knows for sure until they themselves move on but from everything I have read the pull to move on is pretty strong so unless there is a lot of trauma the likelihood of getting stuck I think is pretty slim even in addiction deaths. If it was that easy to get stuck then there would be very few of us on the other side able to come back. I think your loved ones are just busy or being blocked from communicating for some other reason. I went through a difficult time and wondered why my grandmother never came by to help but there is just more to it then I think we realize. She did come to me right at her passing and we said our goodbyes but when I went to ask her about the afterlife she vanished so I think there are sometimes other reasons they do not communicate that have nothing to do with them themselves either. I am sure your loved ones are fine and will communicate when the time is right.
Old 13-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Knower
Interesting. Maybe there is a duality in the lives of those around you and your own. Each person has their own lessons. How might you decide which is which. Your lesson may be to see the effect of and result of addiction, but at the same time while their purpose in your life is what it is, it does not mean their only purpose was that.

I would love to think all the mysteries of the universe are revealed upon death, but I find that hard to swallow. I believe that a person or thing dies there are two ways for it to happen. Naturally, or forced. A natural death can be defined as the willingness to let go and move on regardless of addictions or physical attachments or cause of death. Forced would be bogged down by something the spirit can't reconcile. Maybe something like suicide or a strong physical attachment to someone or something that prevents them from passing through the vale peacefully.

Frankly I don't know. I simply was brainstorming in parts and wrote it here because I felt this topic is aligned with the starting of a thought process from earlier that was interrupted.
Old 13-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Suspended

Yes, people do move on from that plane eventually or reincarnate (it doesn't have to be quick, though), but as jurgen said above, a lot tend to stay there for a considerable time - 8 years is quite long in my book. And looking at the state the mass of humanity is in, it's not surprising that they end up there. He also says

Quote:
The first dimensional counterpart can be heavily populated which is a sign that a large number of our earth population lives on a rather low spiritual level which won’t give them access to the higher levels when they first cross over.

He also says on a more positive note:

Quote:
Needless to say, most people will find this to be a very unsatisfactory place to live in the long term and they will naturally find ways and means to address their psychological state of affairs in order to be able to migrate to more interesting and colourful levels. They will doubtless get glimpses of these whenever they enter more positive and less self - centred states of mind.
Old 19-03-2015, 09:44 PM
solfuel

I found this thread to be super interesting...

I have been struggling with the concept of passing away from addiction for a few months since losing my uncle. He died from accidental suffocation by the way he was laying / propped up by being highly intoxicated. He was religious in his own way and was struggling with his own issues and drinking heavily was one of them. I loved him very much and It was very unexpected.

My grandma and mother and law passed away last year also from natural causes. I feel them and experience dreams, smells, and other unique things. I am very aware and feel very in tune with the spiritual world. I crave learning about it. I have not felt anything from my uncle though and I am very upset by this. I need closure as I am still uncertain how exactly he passed away, and feel upset by not knowing how he fell or exactly how this happened.

I wonder if he made it through the other side almost every day.
I wish I could know for certain.
Old 19-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I wonder if he made it through the other side almost every day.
I wish I could know for certain.

Yes, it's painful. The only way we can be 100% sure is by going there to see for ourselves. Channellers and mediums are just a temporary solution - if you can trust their sources, that is. Most often you can't IMO..
The author l quoted above had a similar experience when his mother died. She was in a state of chronic depression which affected her afterlife state. When he saw her while out-of-body, she was in a very bad way, mentally and physically. Sometime later, he saw her again, and she was happy and completely transformed. She had also reverted to around her mid-twenties, which most do on the higher planes.
He also says on a more positive note:

Quote:
On the lower levels people are concerned with readjustment and orientation, trying to make sense of the fact that all the things they have tried to keep under lock and key during their earth life now demand to be dealt with and often attract the attention of their new companions of a similar ilk to themselves.This is not a pleasant experience, but there is no getting away from the fact that people will have to deal with their deficiencies and put their demons to rest if they want to progress to more agreeable places to be found on the Medium Dimensions.
Most well adjusted people will not dwell for long within the lower levels, if at all, and it is within the Medium Dimension that we will reap the harvest of our positive selves.
Old 29-03-2015, 04:21 AM
Celeste

Addiction is a sickness. We have had two family members die from an overdose, and they are with us all the time. A friend who committed suicide, appeared to me right away, saying he was very happy on the other side, and he had to leave because his life got totally out of control.
Old 29-03-2015, 04:58 AM
Celeste

If someone dies tragically, I would think it is hard to communicate with them because there are often raw emotions that the loved ones left behind are dealing with. Now if someone leaves the world after a long, well-lived life, there are good memories, and happiness connects with happiness, I would think.